Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

"Hello? Can you hear me? I'm on the plane..."

"Hello? Can you hear me? I'm on the plane..."

Old Mar 23rd 2008, 9:35 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Hello? Can you hear me? I'm on the plane..."

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
???? where did you get that from?
it was on the news this morning on Dubai Eye 103.8
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 12:43 pm
W10

I'll tell you if its true next month

Old Mar 23rd 2008, 12:47 pm
W10

Originally Posted by The Dean

Saudia have only recently banned live falcons in cages from sitting on their owner's lap in-flight...... bizarrely, they were banned in first and business, but allowed in economy.
Qatar Airways still allow live falcons, uncaged too.

I was sat one row behind a guy with a falcon on a flight from Dubai to Doha last year. The falcon sat totally still for the full 45 mins of the flight, just turning its head occassionally.

What I love most here is the:

1, people who stand up to collect their bags while the plane is taxi-ing down the runway still
2, the bunfight to get onto the plane, as if its going to take-off any quicker if everyone stands next to the exit before their rows get called
3, the reassuring beep of a text message arriving while the plane is on final approach

Old Mar 25th 2008, 4:19 am
Forum Regular

janet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nice

Originally Posted by W10

What I love most here is the:

1, people who stand up to collect their bags while the plane is taxi-ing down the runway still
It depends who the Captain was but sometimes on GF, if lots of them were standing up, we'd call the cockpit and they'd slam on the breaks so they would all fall. Pretty fun to give the idiots a smug 'told you so' face.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 4:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Chris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by janet82
It depends who the Captain was but sometimes on GF, if lots of them were standing up, we'd call the cockpit and they'd slam on the breaks so they would all fall. Pretty fun to give the idiots a smug 'told you so' face.

Class, I'd love to see that on my next Etihad flight.
Always makes me laugh how everyone always rushes then we all stand and wait ages for luggage and to go through customs!
Old Mar 25th 2008, 5:23 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
showers have been installed onto all Emirates Flights, Business Class to New York
Its only going to be 1st class on the a380 when it arrives for starters
Old Mar 25th 2008, 5:24 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chris79

Class, I'd love to see that on my next Etihad flight.
Always makes me laugh how everyone always rushes then we all stand and wait ages for luggage and to go through customs!
watch for it on your next flight happens more regularly than you would think
Old Mar 25th 2008, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Falcons on a plane!?!?!

Excellent. They are beautiful creatures.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 5:22 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seven seas
Falcons on a plane!?!?!

Excellent. They are beautiful creatures.

that would totally freak me out...