British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   "Hello? Can you hear me? I'm on the plane..." (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/hello-can-you-hear-me-im-plane-523338/)

The Dean Mar 21st 2008 3:56 am

"Hello? Can you hear me? I'm on the plane..."

:huh:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7308041.stm

janet82 Mar 21st 2008 5:34 am

Re: "Hello? Can you hear me? I'm on the plane..."

Thank god I'm not a flight attendant anymore! I used to work for Gulf Air and can only imagine how hard it's going to be to get 250+ to put their phones onto silent/ stop having loud conversations/ turn off the sound effects of their games/ only use phones during cruise etc etc etc..... nightmare...

Inselaffen Mar 21st 2008 6:08 am

From what I've seen on local flights most arabs already think they can use their phones during the flight anyway.

BlackCloud Mar 21st 2008 6:30 am

Will be a nightmare in a culture whereby the mobile phone and handsfree is grafted onto the body for constant use...

The Dean Mar 21st 2008 7:14 am

Yes.......

....... regional/local in-flight 'customs' and 'behaviour' do make you sit up and take notice sometimes........

Saudia have only recently banned live falcons in cages from sitting on their owner's lap in-flight...... bizarrely, they were banned in first and business, but allowed in economy.

The big debate I've come across is night flight etiquette - I usually stay awake and read, with the little spotlight just shining on me, but I often get people moaning...... I don't see how you can be COMPELLED to sleep..... and if you can't sleep (loads of flyers will be in jet-lag/body-clock situations) I don't see why you should be made to just sit in the dark....... that's what the individual lights are for. Tonight I'm embarking on the first of three long-haul night flights (Dubai-Bangkok) in the next four weeks, and will be reading my book...... if that's OK with you?

Pardon my selfishness.......... :frown:

Confucius Mar 21st 2008 7:41 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 6092100)
Yes.......

....... regional/local in-flight 'customs' and 'behaviour' do make you sit up and take notice sometimes........

Saudia have only recently banned live falcons in cages from sitting on their owner's lap in-flight...... bizarrely, they were banned in first and business, but allowed in economy.

The big debate I've come across is night flight etiquette - I usually stay awake and read, with the little spotlight just shining on me, but I often get people moaning...... I don't see how you can be COMPELLED to sleep..... and if you can't sleep (loads of flyers will be in jet-lag/body-clock situations) I don't see why you should be made to just sit in the dark....... that's what the individual lights are for. Tonight I'm embarking on the first of three long-haul night flights (Dubai-Bangkok) in the next four weeks, and will be reading my book...... if that's OK with you?

Pardon my selfishness.......... :frown:

I usually fall asleep after sex...You should try it sometime...

The Dean Mar 21st 2008 9:01 am

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 6092134)
I usually fall asleep after sex...You should try it sometime...

I am NOT having sex just to satisfy you......... er....... no, what I meant was.... er........

I'm on Emirates for most of the next month...... what is their attitude to sex on the plane? I know on Gulf Air it's compulsory, but I'm not sure about Emirates......

...... and I assume the idea of joining the five-mile-high club (or whatever it's called) is that another person is involved? Oh well......

Confucius Mar 21st 2008 9:07 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 6092320)
I am NOT having sex just to satisfy you......... er....... no, what I meant was.... er........

I'm on Emirates for most of the next month...... what is their attitude to sex on the plane? I know on Gulf Air it's compulsory, but I'm not sure about Emirates......

...... and I assume the idea of joining the five-mile-high club (or whatever it's called) is that another person is involved? Oh well......

In case you're feeling lonely, you can make hand relief...But only in Business Classs....

Biene zwei Mar 21st 2008 9:13 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 6092320)

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 6092341)
In case you're feeling lonely, you can make hand relief...But only in Business Classs....

You two seem to have the same conversation on every thead...

Inselaffen Mar 21st 2008 9:24 am

Originally Posted by Biene zwei (Post 6092374)

clear sign of sexual frustration.

The Dean Mar 21st 2008 9:24 am

Originally Posted by Biene zwei (Post 6092374)

Some things are just too important to ignore.........

The Dean Mar 21st 2008 9:25 am

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 6092411)

Yes - but I admit that....... so your point is....??

Confucius Mar 21st 2008 11:28 am

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 6092411)

No mate,I'm knee-deep in pussy...I just want to add Dean on my list of conquests...

Blue Cat Mar 23rd 2008 9:14 am

showers have been installed onto all Emirates Flights, Business Class to New York ;)

arbroath_abroad Mar 23rd 2008 9:19 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 6099478)
showers have been installed onto all Emirates Flights, Business Class to New York ;)

???? where did you get that from?