Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

"Hello? Can you hear me? I'm on the plane..."

"Hello? Can you hear me? I'm on the plane..."

Old Mar 21st 2008, 3:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default "Hello? Can you hear me? I'm on the plane..."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7308041.stm
Old Mar 21st 2008, 5:34 am
Forum Regular

janet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nice
Default Re: "Hello? Can you hear me? I'm on the plane..."

Thank god I'm not a flight attendant anymore! I used to work for Gulf Air and can only imagine how hard it's going to be to get 250+ to put their phones onto silent/ stop having loud conversations/ turn off the sound effects of their games/ only use phones during cruise etc etc etc..... nightmare...
Old Mar 21st 2008, 6:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

From what I've seen on local flights most arabs already think they can use their phones during the flight anyway.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

BlackCloud is a jewel in the roughBlackCloud is a jewel in the roughBlackCloud is a jewel in the roughBlackCloud is a jewel in the roughBlackCloud is a jewel in the rough

Will be a nightmare in a culture whereby the mobile phone and handsfree is grafted onto the body for constant use...
Old Mar 21st 2008, 7:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Yes.......

....... regional/local in-flight 'customs' and 'behaviour' do make you sit up and take notice sometimes........

Saudia have only recently banned live falcons in cages from sitting on their owner's lap in-flight...... bizarrely, they were banned in first and business, but allowed in economy.

The big debate I've come across is night flight etiquette - I usually stay awake and read, with the little spotlight just shining on me, but I often get people moaning...... I don't see how you can be COMPELLED to sleep..... and if you can't sleep (loads of flyers will be in jet-lag/body-clock situations) I don't see why you should be made to just sit in the dark....... that's what the individual lights are for. Tonight I'm embarking on the first of three long-haul night flights (Dubai-Bangkok) in the next four weeks, and will be reading my book...... if that's OK with you?

Pardon my selfishness..........
Old Mar 21st 2008, 7:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean View Post
Yes.......

....... regional/local in-flight 'customs' and 'behaviour' do make you sit up and take notice sometimes........

Saudia have only recently banned live falcons in cages from sitting on their owner's lap in-flight...... bizarrely, they were banned in first and business, but allowed in economy.

The big debate I've come across is night flight etiquette - I usually stay awake and read, with the little spotlight just shining on me, but I often get people moaning...... I don't see how you can be COMPELLED to sleep..... and if you can't sleep (loads of flyers will be in jet-lag/body-clock situations) I don't see why you should be made to just sit in the dark....... that's what the individual lights are for. Tonight I'm embarking on the first of three long-haul night flights (Dubai-Bangkok) in the next four weeks, and will be reading my book...... if that's OK with you?

Pardon my selfishness..........
I usually fall asleep after sex...You should try it sometime...
Old Mar 21st 2008, 9:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
I usually fall asleep after sex...You should try it sometime...
I am NOT having sex just to satisfy you......... er....... no, what I meant was.... er........

I'm on Emirates for most of the next month...... what is their attitude to sex on the plane? I know on Gulf Air it's compulsory, but I'm not sure about Emirates......

...... and I assume the idea of joining the five-mile-high club (or whatever it's called) is that another person is involved? Oh well......
Old Mar 21st 2008, 9:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

I am NOT having sex just to satisfy you......... er....... no, what I meant was.... er........

I'm on Emirates for most of the next month...... what is their attitude to sex on the plane? I know on Gulf Air it's compulsory, but I'm not sure about Emirates......

...... and I assume the idea of joining the five-mile-high club (or whatever it's called) is that another person is involved? Oh well......
In case you're feeling lonely, you can make hand relief...But only in Business Classs....
Old Mar 21st 2008, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

Biene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
In case you're feeling lonely, you can make hand relief...But only in Business Classs....
You two seem to have the same conversation on every thead...
Old Mar 21st 2008, 9:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biene zwei View Post
clear sign of sexual frustration.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 9:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Biene zwei View Post
Some things are just too important to ignore.........
Old Mar 21st 2008, 9:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Inselaffen View Post
Yes - but I admit that....... so your point is....??
Old Mar 21st 2008, 11:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Inselaffen View Post
No mate,I'm knee-deep in pussy...I just want to add Dean on my list of conquests...
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 9:14 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

showers have been installed onto all Emirates Flights, Business Class to New York
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 9:19 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat View Post
showers have been installed onto all Emirates Flights, Business Class to New York
???? where did you get that from?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.