British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Domestic Goddess (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/domestic-goddess-816214/)

Kix Nov 27th 2013 10:41 am

Re: Domestic Goddess

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 11009995)
And the Sunday from hell with Columbian flu...........

You sniff cos your nose is runny and your tongue and gums go numb....

flares Nov 27th 2013 10:59 am

Hope she doesn't end up like Daniella

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-HcI-iHQpwe...+westbrook.png

kittycat1 Nov 27th 2013 12:12 pm

Never touched the stuff and have no intention of ever doing so but have known the loveliest people turn into proper twats when they are coked up, have also known people bankrupted by their habit.

co durham boy Nov 27th 2013 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by Ethos83 (Post 11009877)
Just curious, for those of you in the know.

What is it like to take coke? What does it do to you? Why do people do it?

One line is too many and one hundred is never enough . Most coke around on the street now is rubbish , sometimes only 20 % purity .

Now get some 80% top of the block Peruvian Flake and Nigella and i could have some fun with a whisk and a chocolate fountain ;)

ctfc Nov 28th 2013 4:29 am

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 11009149)

Extremely amusing, thank you. Laughed out loud when she got to the clams..

jam25mack Nov 28th 2013 5:53 am

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 11010211)
Most coke around on the street now is rubbish , sometimes only 20 % purity .

Apparently not so.

Personally I have never tried it which was a miracle after running nightclubs for 6 years. Anyway, friends who have been back recently have been raving about the quality of the gear available. Pricey - hell yes, but they are saying it's the best they have had in many years.

Quite glad I didn't go down that route to be honest. One of the reasons was when I was a student and working in the clubs I spent enough on booze and green so I didn't need another addiction. also, I think I would melt down on coke, I talk enough on booze / weed so on coke I would probably just explode!

the_red_sheep Nov 28th 2013 5:58 am

Originally Posted by jam25mack (Post 11011482)
. Anyway, friends who have been back recently have been raving about the quality of the gear available. Pricey - hell yes, but they are saying it's the best they have had in many years.

What I’ve heard from back home is that there is essentially a two tier system for e’s and whizz these days – cheap ones for the kids, expensive ones for the grown-ups, and of course quality matches price.

Boomhauer Nov 28th 2013 6:06 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 11010116)
Never touched the stuff and have no intention of ever doing so but have known the loveliest people turn into proper twats when they are coked up, have also known people bankrupted by their habit.

Tried it but didn't think much of it, although that may be cause it was cut with other crap so can't make an informed opinion unless one tries a diverse set sample set. Am pretty sure I could not get addicted to it .

britexpat76 Nov 28th 2013 6:31 am

Originally Posted by Boomhauer (Post 11011490)
Am pretty sure I could not get addicted to it .

Seems to me the only people who do probably have other issues in their life be it family, work or just too much time on their hands. I am sure in my heyday I could of kept up with anyone but come monday morning and the alarm for work I didn't think about it again until the following friday.

Cigarettes on the other hand are addictive bastards.

jam25mack Nov 28th 2013 7:08 am

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 11011507)
Cigarettes on the other hand are addictive bastards.

Haven't had a smoke since N'dulge last Friday (technically Saturday) at 4am.

That's 5 and a bit days! Get me! Not sure how successful this weekend will be.... Can't decide if I should just sack off all my weekend plans just to be sure....

britexpat76 Nov 28th 2013 7:17 am

Originally Posted by jam25mack (Post 11011540)
Haven't had a smoke since N'dulge last Friday (technically Saturday) at 4am.

That's 5 and a bit days! Get me! Not sure how successful this weekend will be.... Can't decide if I should just sack off all my weekend plans just to be sure....

Nothing worse than an ex smoker.........! I will congratulate you in a month.

jam25mack Nov 28th 2013 7:32 am

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 11011554)
Nothing worse than an ex smoker.........! I will congratulate you in a month.

True that.

In India doing this Rickshaw rally from Boxing day so that may test my resilience! Also I take it green doesn't count as Goa wouldn't be the same without a cheeky smoke or ten!

britexpat76 Nov 28th 2013 8:05 am

Originally Posted by jam25mack (Post 11011571)
True that.

In India doing this Rickshaw rally from Boxing day so that may test my resilience! Also I take it green doesn't count as Goa wouldn't be the same without a cheeky smoke or ten!

My mates do that, though there may be many different variations to it......

jam25mack Nov 28th 2013 9:36 am

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 11011612)
My mates do that, though there may be many different variations to it......

The 'original one' is run by the www.adventurists.com. I think there are 3 different routes depending on the time of year. We are doing Jaisalmer (on the India - Pakistan border) to Cochin route, ~3,500km.

there are other companies but they are more expensive and are less charity orientated.

Kelli28 Nov 29th 2013 3:18 pm

I had it once, I was 19 it turned me into Super Bitch, I had enough confidence at that age didn't need anymore! No way could I get addicted on that, however I was given Diamorphine for pain relief in hospital once AKA heroin and that was good shit can totally understand why you might get addicted to that.