British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Domestic Goddess (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/domestic-goddess-816214/)

Bahtatboy Nov 26th 2013 2:40 pm

Domestic Goddess

This might not turn out so well...

Nigella Lawson 'was so off her head on cocaine that she allowed her assistants to spend £300,000 on credit cards', court hears

Can you be convicted of drug offences in this situation?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...urt-hears.html

Autonomy Nov 26th 2013 7:36 pm

Re: Domestic Goddess

One for you...

OleJanx Nov 26th 2013 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 11008663)

Nigella Lawson 'was so off her head on cocaine that she allowed her assistants to spend £300,000 on credit cards', court hears

Makes you wonder about the icing sugar now, doesn't it?

scrubbedexpat141 Nov 27th 2013 3:41 am

Originally Posted by OleJanx (Post 11009285)
Makes you wonder about the icing sugar now, doesn't it?

I'd definitely eat more cake (believe it or not, I don't really like it) if it was powdered with some Colombian bam bam.

Ethos83 Nov 27th 2013 7:12 am

The press is all over this in the UK at the mo.

I hope it's only slander but I have a sad feeling it's true and that Saatchi, instead of the barbarous abuser, was only an angry husband confronting his wife about a ten year drug habit and £300K down the drain. One of the photos from the restaurant scene last summer even shows him holding Nigella's nose and probing it as if looking for evidence of a coke habit.

His public silence on the drug habit till forced out by the courts only makes him look better.

But can someone really keep a major drug habit a secret from a spouse for ten years?

shiva Nov 27th 2013 7:27 am

Originally Posted by Ethos83 (Post 11009763)
The press is all over this in the UK at the mo.

I hope it's only slander but I have a sad feeling it's true and that Saatchi, instead of the barbarous abuser, was only an angry husband confronting his wife about a ten year drug habit and £300K down the drain. One of the photos from the restaurant scene last summer even shows him holding Nigella's nose and probing it as if looking for evidence of a coke habit.

His public silence on the drug habit till forced out by the courts only makes him look better.

But can someone really keep a major drug habit a secret from a spouse for ten years? if the spouse is a self deluding idiot yes.

anyway you look at it grabbing her by the throat and forcibly examining her nostrils is assault and a move only an abusive dick would undertake

Ethos83 Nov 27th 2013 7:33 am

Sure.

But how many of us have been in a situation where we've just found out that the wife hid a hugely expensive drug habit for a decade?

It's hard to gauge the effect such a discovery would have on a person if we haven't experienced it. As Mrs. Ethos said to me, 'I really don't know what my immediate reaction would be but you'd better hope there isn't a handy cast iron frying pan lying around'.

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 11009782)
anyway you look at it grabbing her by the throat and forcibly examining her nostrils is assault and a move only an abusive dick would undertake

co durham boy Nov 27th 2013 7:40 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 11008663)

No , she can be questioned relating to information and cautioned but to charge someone you need evidence . The charge of possession or possession with intent to supply doesnt apply .

They tried to charge Kate Moss a few years ago with evidence of mobile phone footage but possession needs to be proved .

Another TV celeb who like a bit of toot , no real big story . She's the darling of the Daily Mail readers though .

They'll be choking on their Granola this morning .;)

weasel decentral Nov 27th 2013 7:49 am

Originally Posted by Ethos83 (Post 11009790)
'but you'd better hope there isn't a handy cast iron frying pan lying around'.

Part of a matching set too I hope, with a nice embossed handle design, nestling beside the Aga.

flares Nov 27th 2013 7:49 am

Mr Roger Quimbly ‏@RogerQuimbly 9h
It must have come as quite a shock for Charles Saatchi to see someone taking cocaine after his sheltered life in advertising.

OleJanx Nov 27th 2013 7:58 am

Originally Posted by saudiflares (Post 11009811)
Mr Roger Quimbly ‏@RogerQuimbly 9h
It must have come as quite a shock for Charles Saatchi to see someone taking cocaine after his sheltered life in advertising.

:rofl:

Ethos83 Nov 27th 2013 8:00 am

We got a couple pieces of Le Creuset cookware as wedding gifts.

Damn heavy I can tell you. I dropped the big casserole on my foot once. Not fun.

Originally Posted by weasel decentral (Post 11009809)
Part of a matching set too I hope, with a nice embossed handle design, nestling beside the Aga.

OleJanx Nov 27th 2013 8:02 am

Originally Posted by Ethos83 (Post 11009820)
We got a couple pieces of Le Creuset cookware as wedding gifts.

Damn heavy I can tell you. I dropped the big casserole on my foot once. Not fun.

Which colour? Hopefully not the bloody awful orange..

britexpat76 Nov 27th 2013 8:11 am

I think he's just pissed off she didn't share. Snorting a dirty big line off those mammaries might just of saved their marriage.

Ethos83 Nov 27th 2013 8:12 am

The big casserole is indeed the bloody awful orange. Everything else is red.

Originally Posted by OleJanx (Post 11009823)
Which colour? Hopefully not the bloody awful orange..

Kix Nov 27th 2013 8:23 am

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 11009828)
I think he's just pissed off she didn't share. Snorting a dirty big line off those mammaries might just of saved their marriage.

LOL.... I need a tissue....

Bahtatboy Nov 27th 2013 8:44 am

Originally Posted by Ethos83 (Post 11009831)
The big casserole is indeed the bloody awful orange. Everything else is red.

Orange is fine if you're cooking chicken basque :unsure:

Ethos83 Nov 27th 2013 8:47 am

Just curious, for those of you in the know.

What is it like to take coke? What does it do to you? Why do people do it?

shiva Nov 27th 2013 8:56 am

Originally Posted by Ethos83 (Post 11009877)

What is it like to take coke? as a kid, funWhat does it do to you? mostly makes you talk shite, believe youre awesome and interesting whilst whizzing around like an idiot Why do people do it?see previous answers

in reality its a lot of fun on it occasionally as a kid in your 20's, if you dont mind the fact that although you think your awesome anyone not on coke will think your an utter dick. anyone taking it past the age of 25 is just a bit sad really

OleJanx Nov 27th 2013 8:57 am

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 11009893)
in reality its a lot of fun on it occasionally as a kid in your 20's, if you dont mind the fact that although you think your awesome anyone not on coke will think your an utter dick. anyone taking it past the age of 25 is just a bit sad really

It also makes your spit taste metallic, and you can't sit still, and can't shut up, either.

britexpat76 Nov 27th 2013 8:58 am

The thought these days of snorting something off the top of a public toilet is vile..................

OleJanx Nov 27th 2013 8:59 am

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 11009898)
The thought these days of snorting something off the top of a public toilet is vile..................

Under 25s in duff nightclubs - step right up! Otherwise, get over it!

scrubbedexpat141 Nov 27th 2013 9:01 am

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 11009893)

What he said.

It's great fun at 22 to stay up all night off your rocker chatting shit with mates and feeling like superman, but the Colombian runny nose that sets in a day later is generally rubbish and you just end up feeling crap and not sleeping.

Still fun though.

the_red_sheep Nov 27th 2013 9:04 am

Safe to say that if there wasn’t a significant upside to doing it I doubt people would bother. As well as what alrady been mentioned if you've been out on the booze it can also sober you up significantly.

Just what I’ve heard…from people…bad people…no one I know…just bad people I met in the pub.

OleJanx Nov 27th 2013 9:04 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11009904)
What he said.

It's great fun at 22 to stay up all night off your rocker chatting shit with mates and feeling like superman, but the Colombian runny nose that sets in a day later is generally rubbish and you just end up feeling crap and not sleeping.

Still fun though.

The weekend expansion plan in small wraps...

Ethos83 Nov 27th 2013 9:45 am

Ah. Thanks.

Don't think I've missed anything.

OleJanx Nov 27th 2013 9:46 am

Originally Posted by Ethos83 (Post 11009960)
Ah. Thanks.

No, probably not. Sometimes the lows far outweigh the highs.

scrubbedexpat141 Nov 27th 2013 10:03 am

Originally Posted by Ethos83 (Post 11009960)
Ah. Thanks.

Yes and no. I don't regret enjoying a bit of charlie from time to time in the UK but it's a very easy way to turn a good night out into a rocket-fuelled-wallet-emptying-session-from-hell.

britexpat76 Nov 27th 2013 10:30 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11009982)
Yes and no. I don't regret enjoying a bit of charlie from time to time in the UK but it's a very easy way to turn a good night out into a rocket-fuelled-wallet-emptying-session-from-hell.

And the Sunday from hell with Columbian flu...........

scrubbedexpat141 Nov 27th 2013 10:39 am

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 11009995)

'Snorter's remorse'

Kix Nov 27th 2013 10:41 am

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 11009995)

You sniff cos your nose is runny and your tongue and gums go numb....

flares Nov 27th 2013 10:59 am

Hope she doesn't end up like Daniella

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-HcI-iHQpwe...+westbrook.png

kittycat1 Nov 27th 2013 12:12 pm

Never touched the stuff and have no intention of ever doing so but have known the loveliest people turn into proper twats when they are coked up, have also known people bankrupted by their habit.

co durham boy Nov 27th 2013 1:27 pm

One line is too many and one hundred is never enough . Most coke around on the street now is rubbish , sometimes only 20 % purity .

Now get some 80% top of the block Peruvian Flake and Nigella and i could have some fun with a whisk and a chocolate fountain ;)

ctfc Nov 28th 2013 4:29 am

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 11009149)

Extremely amusing, thank you. Laughed out loud when she got to the clams..

jam25mack Nov 28th 2013 5:53 am

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 11010211)
Most coke around on the street now is rubbish , sometimes only 20 % purity .

Apparently not so.

Personally I have never tried it which was a miracle after running nightclubs for 6 years. Anyway, friends who have been back recently have been raving about the quality of the gear available. Pricey - hell yes, but they are saying it's the best they have had in many years.

Quite glad I didn't go down that route to be honest. One of the reasons was when I was a student and working in the clubs I spent enough on booze and green so I didn't need another addiction. also, I think I would melt down on coke, I talk enough on booze / weed so on coke I would probably just explode!

the_red_sheep Nov 28th 2013 5:58 am

Originally Posted by jam25mack (Post 11011482)
. Anyway, friends who have been back recently have been raving about the quality of the gear available. Pricey - hell yes, but they are saying it's the best they have had in many years.

What I’ve heard from back home is that there is essentially a two tier system for e’s and whizz these days – cheap ones for the kids, expensive ones for the grown-ups, and of course quality matches price.

Boomhauer Nov 28th 2013 6:06 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 11010116)
Never touched the stuff and have no intention of ever doing so but have known the loveliest people turn into proper twats when they are coked up, have also known people bankrupted by their habit.

Tried it but didn't think much of it, although that may be cause it was cut with other crap so can't make an informed opinion unless one tries a diverse set sample set. Am pretty sure I could not get addicted to it .

britexpat76 Nov 28th 2013 6:31 am

Originally Posted by Boomhauer (Post 11011490)
Am pretty sure I could not get addicted to it .

Seems to me the only people who do probably have other issues in their life be it family, work or just too much time on their hands. I am sure in my heyday I could of kept up with anyone but come monday morning and the alarm for work I didn't think about it again until the following friday.

Cigarettes on the other hand are addictive bastards.

jam25mack Nov 28th 2013 7:08 am

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 11011507)
Cigarettes on the other hand are addictive bastards.

Haven't had a smoke since N'dulge last Friday (technically Saturday) at 4am.

That's 5 and a bit days! Get me! Not sure how successful this weekend will be.... Can't decide if I should just sack off all my weekend plans just to be sure....