British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Domestic Goddess (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/domestic-goddess-816214/)

Bahtatboy Nov 26th 2013 2:40 pm

Domestic Goddess

This might not turn out so well...

Nigella Lawson 'was so off her head on cocaine that she allowed her assistants to spend £300,000 on credit cards', court hears

Can you be convicted of drug offences in this situation?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...urt-hears.html

Autonomy Nov 26th 2013 7:36 pm

Re: Domestic Goddess

One for you...

OleJanx Nov 26th 2013 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 11008663)

Nigella Lawson 'was so off her head on cocaine that she allowed her assistants to spend £300,000 on credit cards', court hears

Makes you wonder about the icing sugar now, doesn't it?

scrubbedexpat141 Nov 27th 2013 3:41 am

Originally Posted by OleJanx (Post 11009285)
Makes you wonder about the icing sugar now, doesn't it?

I'd definitely eat more cake (believe it or not, I don't really like it) if it was powdered with some Colombian bam bam.

Ethos83 Nov 27th 2013 7:12 am

The press is all over this in the UK at the mo.

I hope it's only slander but I have a sad feeling it's true and that Saatchi, instead of the barbarous abuser, was only an angry husband confronting his wife about a ten year drug habit and £300K down the drain. One of the photos from the restaurant scene last summer even shows him holding Nigella's nose and probing it as if looking for evidence of a coke habit.

His public silence on the drug habit till forced out by the courts only makes him look better.

But can someone really keep a major drug habit a secret from a spouse for ten years?

shiva Nov 27th 2013 7:27 am

Originally Posted by Ethos83 (Post 11009763)
The press is all over this in the UK at the mo.

I hope it's only slander but I have a sad feeling it's true and that Saatchi, instead of the barbarous abuser, was only an angry husband confronting his wife about a ten year drug habit and £300K down the drain. One of the photos from the restaurant scene last summer even shows him holding Nigella's nose and probing it as if looking for evidence of a coke habit.

His public silence on the drug habit till forced out by the courts only makes him look better.

But can someone really keep a major drug habit a secret from a spouse for ten years? if the spouse is a self deluding idiot yes.

anyway you look at it grabbing her by the throat and forcibly examining her nostrils is assault and a move only an abusive dick would undertake

Ethos83 Nov 27th 2013 7:33 am

Sure.

But how many of us have been in a situation where we've just found out that the wife hid a hugely expensive drug habit for a decade?

It's hard to gauge the effect such a discovery would have on a person if we haven't experienced it. As Mrs. Ethos said to me, 'I really don't know what my immediate reaction would be but you'd better hope there isn't a handy cast iron frying pan lying around'.

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 11009782)
anyway you look at it grabbing her by the throat and forcibly examining her nostrils is assault and a move only an abusive dick would undertake

co durham boy Nov 27th 2013 7:40 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 11008663)

No , she can be questioned relating to information and cautioned but to charge someone you need evidence . The charge of possession or possession with intent to supply doesnt apply .

They tried to charge Kate Moss a few years ago with evidence of mobile phone footage but possession needs to be proved .

Another TV celeb who like a bit of toot , no real big story . She's the darling of the Daily Mail readers though .

They'll be choking on their Granola this morning .;)

weasel decentral Nov 27th 2013 7:49 am

Originally Posted by Ethos83 (Post 11009790)
'but you'd better hope there isn't a handy cast iron frying pan lying around'.

Part of a matching set too I hope, with a nice embossed handle design, nestling beside the Aga.

flares Nov 27th 2013 7:49 am

Mr Roger Quimbly ‏@RogerQuimbly 9h
It must have come as quite a shock for Charles Saatchi to see someone taking cocaine after his sheltered life in advertising.

OleJanx Nov 27th 2013 7:58 am

Originally Posted by saudiflares (Post 11009811)
Mr Roger Quimbly ‏@RogerQuimbly 9h
It must have come as quite a shock for Charles Saatchi to see someone taking cocaine after his sheltered life in advertising.

:rofl:

Ethos83 Nov 27th 2013 8:00 am

We got a couple pieces of Le Creuset cookware as wedding gifts.

Damn heavy I can tell you. I dropped the big casserole on my foot once. Not fun.

Originally Posted by weasel decentral (Post 11009809)
Part of a matching set too I hope, with a nice embossed handle design, nestling beside the Aga.

OleJanx Nov 27th 2013 8:02 am

Originally Posted by Ethos83 (Post 11009820)
We got a couple pieces of Le Creuset cookware as wedding gifts.

Damn heavy I can tell you. I dropped the big casserole on my foot once. Not fun.

Which colour? Hopefully not the bloody awful orange..

britexpat76 Nov 27th 2013 8:11 am

I think he's just pissed off she didn't share. Snorting a dirty big line off those mammaries might just of saved their marriage.

Ethos83 Nov 27th 2013 8:12 am

The big casserole is indeed the bloody awful orange. Everything else is red.

Originally Posted by OleJanx (Post 11009823)
Which colour? Hopefully not the bloody awful orange..