Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Dog sentenced to be stoned to death

Old Jun 22nd 2011, 11:56 am

WakeUp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dog sentenced to be stoned to death

Originally Posted by kittycat1
If I'd known this thread was gonna go on like this I would have stoned the dog myself lol- ties noose around her neck and looks for a staircase...
many apologies.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

sherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud of

Dear WakeUp,

I am not a moderator and it is very hard for me to have any sympathy for Norm but he is not a racist he is a culturist (i.e. an autocrat that wants to take away our liberty and freedom but other definitions also exists) so IMHO you should take back the racist thing although you’d have my utmost support if you called him a nutter

P.S: I totally respect your opinion and agree with your observation.

Last edited by sherri; Jun 22nd 2011 at 12:17 pm. Reason: P.S
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by sherri
Dear WakeUp,

I am not a moderator and it is very hard for me to have any sympathy for Norm but he is not a racist he is a culturist (i.e. an autocrat that wants to take away our liberty and freedom but other definitions also exists) so IMHO you should take back the racist thing although you’d have my utmost support if you called him a nutter

P.S: I totally respect your opinion and agree with your observation.
Sherri is it right to let someone make up a set of words to dress it up? I can find no definition of Culturalism or culturalist. Culturist as you well know is someone who gardens.

Call it like it is if thats what you are, don't hide behind what you think is an intellectualised title.

And I of course have the utmost respect for your dear self Sir.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 12:41 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Buddha.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 1:08 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Just a reminder, I know this may come as a bit of a shock, but ... one can have a debate/discussion without getting personal. So please let's stick to the topic in hand and not direct personal comments at each.

Thanks muchly.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 1:12 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jun 22nd 2011, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

sherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sue
Just a reminder, I know this may come as a bit of a shock, but ... one can have a debate/discussion without getting personal. So please let's stick to the topic in hand and not direct personal comments at each.

Thanks muchly.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 1:14 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
So please let's stick to the topic in hand...
That's pretty unlikely.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 1:18 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
That's pretty unlikely.
I know, you'd think after 11 years I'd get that already
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 1:37 pm
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point

the topic at hand is (and i had to look it up):

and I for one blame [insert name or religion] for this situation which has caused [insert country name] to be destroyed by these [insert race or religion] who came here by [insert mode of transport] and ruined/improved [select one] this terrible/great [select one] nation.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 1:39 pm
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by weasel central
the topic at hand is (and i had to look it up):

and I for one blame [insert name or religion] for this situation which has caused [insert country name] to be destroyed by these [insert race or religion] who came here by [insert mode of transport] and ruined/improved [select one] this terrible/great [select one] nation.
You racist ball-shaver.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 2:14 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WakeUp
Sherri is it right to let someone make up a set of words to dress it up? I can find no definition of Culturalism or culturalist. Culturist as you well know is someone who gardens.

Call it like it is if thats what you are, don't hide behind what you think is an intellectualised title.

And I of course have the utmost respect for your dear self Sir.
I normally use the word culturalist this way: "Culturalist".

I have also defined clearly what I mean by this on several occasions but will do it again:

I believe some cultures are better than others. I believe some values are superior and serve the world better than others. While I am happy to admit even the best cultures are not perfect I cannot rightful put Western culture alongside say - Afghan or Saudi Culture and say they are equal because they are clearly not.

Women's rights, rule of law, secular governance, freedom of expression etc are just better than 8th century theocratic immutable law, child brides, stoning and blasphemy as a felon.

Bill Maher summed up my views even better than I can:
http://moneynorms.wordpress.com/wp-admin/

So there it is. Do you understand my views now or are we still going to dance around with racism charges?

N.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 2:48 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk

I have also defined clearly what I mean by this on several occasions but will do it again:

I believe some cultures are better than others. I believe some values are superior and serve the world better than others. While I am happy to admit even the best cultures are not perfect I cannot rightful put Western culture alongside say - Afghan or Saudi Culture and say they are equal because they are clearly not.

Women's rights, rule of law, secular governance, freedom of expression etc are just better than 8th century theocratic immutable law, child brides, stoning and blasphemy as a felon.

So there it is. Do you understand my views now or are we still going to dance around with racism charges?

N.
good post Norm
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by Norm_uk

N.
Unfortunately not, its semantics I'm afraid, but not to worry be boring if we all thought the same way.

The negatives you have picked could be from our own cultures but 100+ years ago for the most part.

Culturalism v. Racism is a crock (they are one and the same for the most part) and that is my completely opinionated view, you will never convince me otherwise and I will never convince you so we are done.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 2:59 pm
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by WakeUp
Unfortunately not, its semantics I'm afraid, but not to worry be boring if we all thought the same way.

The negatives you have picked could be from our own cultures but 100+ years ago for the most part.

Culturalism v. Racism is a crock (they are one and the same for the most part) and that is my completely opinionated view, you will never convince me otherwise and I will never convince you so we are done.
Of course its bloody semantics: "the meaning of words". If you're unable to define--and agree on--the meaning of the words you're using in a debate, then the debate's meaningless. Hence my earlier post...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.