Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Dog sentenced to be stoned to death

Dog sentenced to be stoned to death

Old Jun 19th 2011, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Dog sentenced to be stoned to death

Originally Posted by OleJanx
Oy Vey! A Mercedes would nedder do!
Oy, Oy, Oy, My mother is 85 already, she has forgiven me for not marrying Whoopie Goldberg, despite the fact that her father was a gynaecologist, and the good name,

My Life, an 'Ologist!' (Mother did not go for the 'Black' thing!)

Anyway, dad died a few years ago and left me the Volvo 240 in his will. Does anyone know if Volvo will still repair the car under Warranty? - 1973 on an 'M' Plate? - Drives like new!
Old Jun 19th 2011, 6:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackthehat
Oy, Oy, Oy, My mother is 85 already, she has forgiven me for not marrying Whoopie Goldberg, despite the fact that her father was a gynaecologist, and the good name,

My Life, an 'Ologist!' (Mother did not go for the 'Black' thing!)

Anyway, dad died a few years ago and left me the Volvo 240 in his will. Does anyone know if Volvo will still repair the car under Warranty? - 1973 on an 'M' Plate? - Drives like new!
They're made in Gothenberg, aren't they? Bound to be some family member who can help with the life time warranty!
Old Jun 19th 2011, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Luckily the dog in question has escaped... it is thought he was a reincarnated lawyer.. and the stoning was to be carried out by local children

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-13819764
in case nobody's noticed, they have stolen an entire country because Bog promised it to them and have ethnically cleansed it. Killing a dog isn't such a big deal by comparison. It is only to be expected from a country based on myth about an old guy with a white beard who's jealous.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 7:48 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Well said . I thought that the Jewish religious courts could only rule on marraige type stuff between Jews anyway unless it's important in which case it goes to a regular secular court (keep the religious idiots away from making a real mess ).
I think Israel has a lot of trouble reigning in it's ultra-orthodox and does a good job of it for the most part. A lot better than some of it's neighbours attempts to reign in the ultra-religions.

I completely agree secularism is the only real way. Religious and non-religious people alike cannot be equal and free unless their rulers adhere to strict impartiality.

N.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 3:47 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Seems it didn't happen...the paper that reported it has even issued an apology.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-13838347

Still I'll bet fewer people will read and remember that than who read the original report.

N.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 3:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

The original report, unfortunately, is much more alarmist, whatever you want to call it. The follow up, I'm afraid, is nothing like as sensationalist.
That, sadly, seems to be the world works.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 5:17 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure there will be many who will use their usual confirmation bias and dismiss things like this as alarmist yet treat similar things about other religions as the gospel truth. And vice-versa...
Old Jun 20th 2011, 5:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Is "Gospel" the wisest choice of words?
Old Jun 20th 2011, 5:45 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OleJanx
Is "Gospel" the wisest choice of words?
Old Jun 20th 2011, 5:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sorry, it was just too good an opportunity to miss... Please take it in good humour- life is to short to take seriously!
Old Jun 21st 2011, 5:40 am

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
I'm sure there will be many who will use their usual confirmation bias and dismiss things like this as alarmist yet treat similar things about other religions as the gospel truth. And vice-versa...
No doubt they will...like the people who think all religion is the same and has the goal of spirituality and peace based on their limited knowledge of their own community or national belief.

I think the media today is getting more and more sloppy. I'm almost inclined to hark after the propaganda of a seemingly more certain past

N.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 5:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The media today is not sloppy, it is totally unstructured and appears to be more powerful than politicians. Rupert Murdoch is far more influential than any politician, as he doesn't have to answer to anyone other than bankers, who are sh*t scared of him REALLY turning on them.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 5:48 am

WakeUp is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
No doubt they will...like the people who think all religion is the same and has the goal of spirituality and peace based on their limited knowledge of their own community or national belief.
I think the media today is getting more and more sloppy. I'm almost inclined to hark after the propaganda of a seemingly more certain past

N.
Hi Norm,

I'm not looking for a heated debate with you I was just wondering if you relised that almost every post you make has inflammatary comments in it, almost like you are spoiling for a fight with anyone that cares to respond.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 6:48 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WakeUp
Hi Norm,

I'm not looking for a heated debate with you I was just wondering if you relised that almost every post you make has inflammatary comments in it, almost like you are spoiling for a fight with anyone that cares to respond.
And what that results in is a division: between those who blindly fight their own corner, often in blatant disregard of logic, reason or history, or merely with gainsay, and those who are willing and able to engage in honest and open debate.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 7:01 am

WakeUp is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
And what that results in is a division: between those who blindly fight their own corner, often in blatant disregard of logic, reason or history, or merely with gainsay, and those who are willing and able to engage in honest and open debate.
Its like a big old circle on every other thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.