BBC Article on Dubai

Old Jun 11th 2013, 9:16 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BBC Article on Dubai

Originally Posted by Millsyisland
Where I shop it hasn't.

Maybe you find it helpful, I don't. It's just down to personal choice and where I shop (and this is not just one shop), they're a hindrance. If they were helpful, I would be grateful.

Must admit, I didn't realise I had to get pre-approval of something to complain about before posting here? Maybe we should just agree to disagree on this point.
Then you simply tell the chaps to fill up the bags. They won't learn it they aren't told.

I just don't see that it's an issue to get angry about. Please don't disagree about the loo roll issue. That one drives me crazy! (The correct way is to roll down to the front.)
Old Jun 11th 2013, 9:25 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Meow
Then you simply tell the chaps to fill up the bags. They won't learn it they aren't told.

I just don't see that it's an issue to get angry about. Please don't disagree about the loo roll issue. That one drives me crazy! (The correct way is to roll down to the front.)
Why is that "The correct way"? Apostrophes I can understand but that statement is ludicrous to the extreme.

You sound like a pretentious, stuck up pain in the arse (and I never thought you were).
Old Jun 11th 2013, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
I am not saying you have to let anybody do anything for you...you have a choice, and having a choice is nice. It's hardly something worth complaining about.

We reuse the bags, we never throw them away, and still we sometimes run out of bags.
Yup, same here.
Old Jun 11th 2013, 9:35 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Its Under not over! Though a 0.5 second search of the Internet reveals more people prefer the 'over' option.......

This website may just of changed my views though:-

http://currentconfig.com/2005/02/22/...nder-is-wrong/
Old Jun 11th 2013, 9:41 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
Why is that "The correct way"? Apostrophes I can understand but that statement is ludicrous to the extreme.

You sound like a pretentious, stuck up pain in the arse (and I never thought you were).
And you sound rude. Heat getting to you?

It is the right way, and it was quite clear that my tongue was firmly in my cheek.
Old Jun 11th 2013, 9:45 am
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Its Under not over! Though a 0.5 second search of the Internet reveals more people prefer the 'over' option.......

This website may just of changed my views though:-

http://currentconfig.com/2005/02/22/...nder-is-wrong/
Nooooooo. Always over. Looks better and if walls are damp due to condensation following a hot shower the paper doesn't stick to the walls.

Forget left or right wing, or jam or cream first on scones, this is the issue that really divides people.
Old Jun 11th 2013, 9:50 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Nooooooo. Always over. Looks better and if walls are damp due to condensation following a hot shower the paper doesn't stick to the walls.

Forget left or right wing, or jam or cream first on scones, this is the issue that really divides people.
What about just placing it on top of the cistern?

I always thought the biggest issue in life was whether a KitKat was confectionery or a Biscuit.
Old Jun 11th 2013, 9:55 am
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by britexpat76
What about just placing it on top of the cistern?

I always thought the biggest issue in life was whether a KitKat was confectionery or a Biscuit.

That's lazy, or in some cases actually better for your back as the loo roll holders often seem to be in places that only a yoga professional can reach.

KitKat is confectionery. Too much cholcolate to be a biscuit. Dilemma solved.
Old Jun 11th 2013, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Theseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond repute

KitKat is confectionery. Too much cholcolate to be a biscuit. Dilemma solved.
Is it subject to VAT or not?
Old Jun 11th 2013, 10:14 am
Shark Fisherman

Originally Posted by Theseus
I have a funny feeling its a biscuit thus paying different tax rates?
Old Jun 11th 2013, 10:15 am
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by Theseus
Good point.

And is there a difference between a traditional KitKat or a chunky one? The latter must be a chocolate bar.
Old Jun 11th 2013, 10:19 am
Shark Fisherman

Good point.

And is there a difference between a traditional KitKat or a chunky one? The latter must be a chocolate bar.
You see, It is still the biggest issue in life. 2 finger bars get sold with the Biscuits though the 4 finger bars with the chocolate usually. Chunky is certainly chocolate and only sold alongside chocolate.
Old Jun 11th 2013, 10:20 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Bog roll always goes over.

Toilet seat always goes down.

I've got two mums and three sisters. I know this shit.
Old Jun 11th 2013, 10:38 am
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by Scamp

Old Jun 11th 2013, 12:28 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.