BBC Article on Dubai

Old Jun 10th 2013, 12:00 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: BBC Article on Dubai

Shit. Just re-read that. I sound like such a fanny.

I'm sorry guys.
Old Jun 10th 2013, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Shit. Just re-read that. I sound like such a fanny.

I'm sorry guys.
Don't worry, the bit about smacking the wee kid with the trolley makes up for the rest, and then some.

I find, if you pick reasonably well, the fruit and veg in Waitrose will last a decent amount time, and it is to begin with better quality than from the likes of Lulu or Carrefour.

Bag packers I can live without. But, the customers who, in Spinney's for example, wait for and watch the check out girl pack their bags, while they dick about on their phones should be given a firm, open handed slap.
Old Jun 10th 2013, 12:36 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by the_red_sheep
Don't worry, the bit about smacking the wee kid with the trolley makes up for the rest, and then some.

I find, if you pick reasonably well, the fruit and veg in Waitrose will last a decent amount time, and it is to begin with better quality than from the likes of Lulu or Carrefour.

Bag packers I can live without. But, the customers who, in Spinney's for example, wait for and watch the check out girl pack their bags, while they dick about on their phones should be given a firm, open handed slap.
Yeah. I just don't understand what makes people change when they land here.

I'm happy to pack my own bags, happy to not park like a complete ****, happy to do a lot of stuff for myself.

Hitting the kid was brilliant. He definitely deserved it. Thing that bugs me most is I'd say 75% of the kids I see in that spinneys are there only with a Filipina maid. Mum must have packed them off with her for a new pack of Philadelphia and crackers to stuff her stupid face with.
Old Jun 10th 2013, 1:00 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I hate bag packers, at LuLu they aren't offended if you take your own bags and do it yourself. Fruit and veg is good at LuLu as well I always get a week out of it if not more (potatoes etc)
Old Jun 10th 2013, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

Bongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
From a new magazine (called Good, published by Motivate) a useful comparison of supermarket costs. I've been saying that Union CoOp is best value for basics for years.

The monthly magazine is just Dhs 10 and for once isn't aimed at the five star (Dubai vodka drinking) set. Cover price of first issue is worth it for the free pizza alone. (My connection is that I am a contributer.)
and people really do shop at this Milk & Honey shop do they?
Old Jun 10th 2013, 1:28 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bongoman2
they are still in business so I am guessing so, though why people let themselves get ripped off is beyond me
Old Jun 10th 2013, 1:32 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

From their website:-

Sliced Brown Loaf 22AED
Fat Reduced Milk 36AED
Unslated Butter 30AED (I think they mean unsalted )

Where's the scary smily?
Old Jun 10th 2013, 1:36 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

wtf?!
Old Jun 10th 2013, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute

Ironically enough, we do, as they sell Aussie Meat Pies
Old Jun 10th 2013, 2:59 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Not a clue. No idea where it is.

If I have a lot of shopping I don't mind help unloading/packing it, especially if I have heavy items as I have a bad back. If someone helps me and makes my life easier then they get a tip. No issue with that provided the guys pack properly - polite instruction to fill the bags up is invariably followed - and also that people treat them with respect. They are just doing their job and deserve politeness just as anyone else does.
Old Jun 10th 2013, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

winter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to all

If I have a lot of shopping I don't mind help unloading/packing it, especially if I have heavy items as I have a bad back. If someone helps me and makes my life easier then they get a tip. No issue with that provided the guys pack properly - polite instruction to fill the bags up is invariably followed - and also that people treat them with respect. They are just doing their job and deserve politeness just as anyone else does.
I agree, treat them with respect, i also use trolley.ae for delivering heavy things, don't mind paying a few extra aed, and they deliver it in paper friendly bags
Old Jun 10th 2013, 3:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, same here.
I put things on the band as i want them to be packed...so far works great.
Old Jun 10th 2013, 3:48 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

No abela in Dubai? Used to love that in AD.
Old Jun 11th 2013, 3:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not saying I'm rude or disrespectful to the bag packers, I just want them to leave me to pack my own bags as personally I want to do it myself. Often however they don't seem to understand my repeating "I'll do it thank you" so I have to be a little more forceful.
Old Jun 11th 2013, 4:35 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Millsyisland
I'm not saying I'm rude or disrespectful to the bag packers, I just want them to leave me to pack my own bags as personally I want to do it myself.
This is what I meant.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.