Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Anyone on here converted (embraced) Islam?

Anyone on here converted (embraced) Islam?

Old Feb 24th 2013, 6:39 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone on here converted (embraced) Islam?

Originally Posted by Desert Dubliner
Where do you live? I will call the social service now.
I live in Seattle.
So you are saying I should cover my daughters eye for the Seattle Solstice Nude Bike Ride? and not have fun at the fair. How miserable misplaced sexual hang ups make people.

Old Feb 24th 2013, 6:42 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah. Some stories in there are pure SF. Difficult to take some of the stuff with a straight face.

Still, I much preferred a church wedding with a choir. It's a nice tradition and I like the conservative nature of the Christian morals.
Two worst weddings I went to was a RC one back at home that I thought was never going to end (it lasted hours) and one here in Doha - the mans ceremony. Loads of people the groom hardly knew (myself and my boss were the token white boys invited by his brother). Obviously zero alcohol, way too much dancing and man love and force fed until I thought I was going to explode. Mine in Vegas took 7 minutes - just about perfect.
Old Feb 24th 2013, 6:43 pm
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kimilseung
I live in Seattle.
So you are saying I should cover my daughters eye for the Seattle Solstice Nude Bike Ride? and not have fun at the fair. How miserable misplaced sexual hang ups make people.
Of course not. Show her as much dick as possible.
Old Feb 24th 2013, 6:47 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Benefit? There is no benefit. It will be beneficial one day you're clutching your last breath. You will want to believe there is something more waiting for you other than being dumped in the ground to be eaten by worms. Religion developed in the times people struggled for a loaf of bread and died in their late 20's from rotten teeth after working their balls off from the age of 3. They had a reason to believe in god every day of their lives and surely a day will come when you will have a good reason to want to extend your existence in some sort of way thinking you will go to heaven and wait for your beloved ones there.

But let me tell you one thing. What if you (and me, I don't believe either) are wrong all all those who believe are right. They go to heaven and you go to hell. So there's a benefit - you have little to lose by believing.
And this is where the atheist wager is appropriate:-

The Wager states that if you were to analyse your options in regard to how to live your life, you would come out with the following possibilities:

You may live a good life and believe in a god, and a benevolent god exists, in which case you go to heaven: your gain is infinite.
You may live a good life without believing in a god, and a benevolent god exists, in which case you go to heaven: your gain is infinite.
You may live a good life and believe in a god, but no benevolent god exists, in which case you leave a positive legacy to the world; your gain is finite.
You may live a good life without believing in a god, and no benevolent god exists, in which case you leave a positive legacy to the world; your gain is finite.
You may live an evil life and believe in a god, and a benevolent god exists, in which case you go to hell: your loss is infinite.
You may live an evil life without believing in a god, and a benevolent god exists, in which case you go to hell: your loss is infinite.
You may live an evil life and believe in a god, but no benevolent god exists, in which case you leave a negative legacy to the world; your loss is finite.
You may live an evil life without believing in a god, and no benevolent god exists, in which case you leave a negative legacy to the world; your loss is finite.
Old Feb 24th 2013, 6:59 pm
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold

I live in Seattle.

In most states of the United States, state law prohibits exposure of the genitals and/or the female nipples in a public place, while in other states simple nudity is legal, but evidence of intent to shock, arouse or offend other persons (lewd conduct) is evidence of prohibited conduct. For example, in most states, it is a criminal offense punishable by fines and/or imprisonment, and/or registered sex offender requirements and restrictions. Some states permit local governments to set local standards. Public nudity itself has not been a crime throughout California since a 2000 Appellate Court ruling, and prosecutions and convictions are unheard of, but arrests do still occur, though they also are unusual,[3] and Vermont only prohibits "open and gross lewdness and lascivious behavior"[4] so many forms of public nudity are legal.

Indecent exposure is defined as a crime in the United States Armed Forces by Article 120(n), Uniform Code of Military Justice. The changes to Article 120 became part of the Manual for Courts-Martial in the 2008 edition.[5]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indecen..._United_States

RCW 9A.88.010
Indecent exposure.

(1) A person is guilty of indecent exposure if he or she intentionally makes any open and obscene exposure of his or her person or the person of another knowing that such conduct is likely to cause reasonable affront or alarm. The act of breastfeeding or expressing breast milk is not indecent exposure.

(2)(a) Except as provided in (b) and (c) of this subsection, indecent exposure is a misdemeanor.

(b) Indecent exposure is a gross misdemeanor on the first offense if the person exposes himself or herself to a person under the age of fourteen years.

(c) Indecent exposure is a class C felony if the person has previously been convicted under this section or of a sex offense as defined in RCW 9.94A.030.

[2003 c 53 § 92; 2001 c 88 § 2; 1990 c 3 § 904; 1987 c 277 § 1; 1975 1st ex.s. c 260 §9A.88.010 .]
http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9A.88.010

Looks like this is illegal in most of USA including the state of Washington. Possibly they allow this pervy parade as an exemption but for sure they don't count on people bringing young children. What fun this must be for an innocent 5-year old.
Old Feb 24th 2013, 7:17 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

What fun this must be for an innocent 5-year old.
The festival is also used to teach children about religion.

bit big that, sorry.
Old Feb 24th 2013, 7:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Over the last 40-odd years I have met quite a few converts. (Or "reverts" if you accept the Party Line about everyone being born a Muslim) A few had converted because they wished to marrty a Muslim women.

The ones who did it out of belief or for material benefits were all stark staring mad. Barking. That included the ones who thought it would guarantee security of tenure in their jobs in Saudi.
Old Feb 24th 2013, 7:42 pm
Banned

The festival is also used to teach children about religion.

bit big that, sorry.
This is ok. Quite nice. I am glad you know God is everywhere, including this spaghetti monster. Hope you're teaching your kids the same and the next time cover their eyes when dicks are swinging around. God will forgive you for the last time you failed to do so, if you repent and promise not to do it again.
Old Feb 25th 2013, 1:37 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britexpat76
And this is where the atheist wager is appropriate:-

The Wager states that if you were to analyse your options in regard to how to live your life, you would come out with the following possibilities:
Sounds a bit like yea olde Pascals Wager The only problem being which god you choose to worship, there have been thousands to choose from so what if you choose the wrong one, Thor is going to be mightily pissed off if you end up in his place and you've been worshipping Ra.
Old Feb 25th 2013, 1:39 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

This is ok. Quite nice. I am glad you know God is everywhere, including this spaghetti monster. Hope you're teaching your kids the same and the next time cover their eyes when dicks are swinging around. God will forgive you for the last time you failed to do so, if you repent and promise not to do it again.
If it came to a vote mine would be that you're trolling. Although, because you cherry pick little bits of posts to 'answer' and ignore the rest, you could very well be a believer as your answers are similar to trolling. In any case I'm not wasting any more cyber time on you.
Old Feb 25th 2013, 3:06 am
Banned

Originally Posted by mikewot
If it came to a vote mine would be that you're trolling. Although, because you cherry pick little bits of posts to 'answer' and ignore the rest, you could very well be a believer as your answers are similar to trolling. In any case I'm not wasting any more cyber time on you.
Looks like you cherry picked the wrong post to respond to. Perhaps you should go back to where your assertions about stoning being a recommendation in the Bible were thoroughly demolished, just like the rest of your uninformed narrative.
Old Feb 25th 2013, 3:09 am
He/him

Looks like you cherry picked the wrong post to respond to. Perhaps you should go back to where your assertions about stoning being a recommendation in the Bible were thoroughly demolished, just like the rest of your uninformed narrative.
From a third party perspective, they were not demolished.
Old Feb 25th 2013, 3:17 am
Banned

From a third party perspective, they were not demolished.
My recommendation to you is to stick with dicks. Looks like you're better disposed towards them then towards logic.
Old Feb 25th 2013, 3:19 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Apropos of nothing, nudists can be Christians too or atheists or right wing loons.
Old Feb 25th 2013, 3:20 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Buddy, once you study the stuff before writing about it and start making some basic progress on the substance and differences between the Old Testament and the New Testament and their implications on the Christian morals, you will be entitled to seek a 'proof' from others.
One could say the same about yourself and science.

Of course unless your reading the Dead Sea scrolls and nag hammadi texts then your sources are so hopelessly edited and amended as to make them meaningless

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.