British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Alleged bomb at Dubai Public Prosecution (Right now). (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/alleged-bomb-dubai-public-prosecution-right-now-807856/)

NorthernLad Sep 1st 2013 2:27 pm

Re: Alleged bomb at Dubai Public Prosecution (Right now).

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10880459)
you say that she isn't thinking logically, organising this was not planned by someone who wasn't thinking logically. For starters if there are explosives then where did she get them from?

That was the point...IF there was explosives.

Meow Sep 1st 2013 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10880503)
it was Khaled :rofl:

Khaled who? :confused:

flares Sep 1st 2013 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10880459)
For starters if there are explosives then where did she get them from?

Dragonmart

OriginalSunshine Sep 1st 2013 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10880365)
*hard stare*

*slow blink*

Meow Sep 1st 2013 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by saudiflares (Post 10880540)
Dragonmart

:D

Well they do say you can buy everything there. Or in Satwa.

shiva Sep 1st 2013 3:33 pm

In a country with 190 odd nationalities most of whom hate and or are war with each other , where most regional war zones transit their staff and materials I should imagine its not hard to find anything you want for price

Sandboy Sep 1st 2013 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10880420)
she knows the consequences and how the UAE feels about terrorism, it is not acceptable on any level here.

As opposed to those countries where they turn a blind eye to a bit of casual terrorism ?

Blue Cat Sep 2nd 2013 4:30 am

http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-n...r%2B02-09-2013

weasel decentral Sep 2nd 2013 5:46 am

Originally Posted by Sandboy (Post 10880618)
As opposed to those countries where they turn a blind eye to a bit of casual terrorism ?

:D
Bombing your local cafe or machine gun strafing a government office is considered a bit of banter in some countries not as strict as the UAE.

Millhouse Sep 2nd 2013 5:47 am

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 10880580)
In a country with 190 odd nationalities most of whom hate and or are war with each other , where most regional war zones transit their staff and materials I should imagine its not hard to find anything you want for price

Did you read about the mass brawl in the AD labour camp? Pakistan vs. Bangladesh (or shall we call it by the old name - East Pakistan).

:lol:

Inselaffen Sep 2nd 2013 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by saudiflares (Post 10880540)
Dragonmart

nobody was in danger then if they were from there.

shiva Sep 3rd 2013 4:59 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 10881336)
Did you read about the mass brawl in the AD labour camp? Pakistan vs. Bangladesh (or shall we call it by the old name - East Pakistan).

:lol:

Saw that, wasn't surprised other than that it was reported. Which is happening more and more. Hopefully a good sign when the press feel free to air more and more of our dirty laundry. Of course none of it is locals so it could in fact be a deliberate attempt to paint us all as trouble makers rather than a nascent free press !

mikewot Sep 3rd 2013 5:58 am

Threatening to detonate explosives while standing in a government building is clearly “an act of desperation”, according to a clinical psychologist.

In other news water makes you wet.

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/ge..._news_RSS_feed

jam25mack Sep 3rd 2013 6:46 am

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 10880580)

Maybe.

One thing I can confirm is that they are super super strict when it does come to using explosive in construction here. I do road cuttings and tunnels and the explosives side of it is an absolute nightmare! They're a lot worse / better than they are in the west put it that way.

shiva Sep 3rd 2013 7:16 am

Originally Posted by jam25mack (Post 10882925)
Maybe.

One thing I can confirm is that they are super super strict when it does come to using explosive in construction here. I do road cuttings and tunnels and the explosives side of it is an absolute nightmare! They're a lot worse / better than they are in the west put it that way.

undoubtedly but given how much, grey and black market trading goes on i'd imagine this place is full of shit we don't want to know about. I'd also imagine the security forces know this but since most merely transits the UAE its not a "local problem".

the worlds largest arms dealer used to operate out of sharjah with impunity, its a handy location and i'm pretty sure there are still vast quantities of munitions etc transiting the UAE legally and illegally every year.