British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Alleged bomb at Dubai Public Prosecution (Right now). (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/alleged-bomb-dubai-public-prosecution-right-now-807856/)

Meow Sep 1st 2013 12:21 pm

Re: Alleged bomb at Dubai Public Prosecution (Right now).

Originally Posted by Kix (Post 10880359)
The proponent of the anti muslim rants has lots of pictures of cuddly animals on her FB page (lack of any FB security there then), says a lot about women who keep cats....

*hard stare*

Kix Sep 1st 2013 12:23 pm

As an aside, I wonder whether the person in the picture (with child) agreed for her and her child's pictures to be taken and put on the web? If I was her I'd be suing someone - but she's probably got a few other things on her mind at the moment.

Like her imminent stoning in Dubai (from 7days FB thread).

Edited to add, on the 7days FB thread, some woman called Fatima (maybe it's the same Fatima from Sharjah who keeps writing those letters), anyway I quote

"This is a 'Muslim' country, learn to respect the religion or go back to where you came from!"

How funny?

Blue Cat Sep 1st 2013 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10880365)
*hard stare*

:goodpost:

:rofl:

NorthernLad Sep 1st 2013 12:58 pm

Now saying she is Chechen with Syrian husband in a Dubai jail:

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/suici...ce-516117.html

Meow Sep 1st 2013 1:00 pm

You have to be feeling pretty desperate to attempt such a stunt.

NorthernLad Sep 1st 2013 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10880407)

Assuming that husband is in jail, kid to look after, little/no income and living in Dubai. I guess that could push someone to desperate measures.

Blue Cat Sep 1st 2013 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10880407)

she knows the consequences and how the UAE feels about terrorism, it is not acceptable on any level here. I am still surprised that it has got into the press though. The Daily Mail will be elated, just wait til tomorrow.

Blue Cat Sep 1st 2013 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 10880418)
Assuming that husband is in jail, kid to look after, little/no income and living in Dubai. I guess that could push someone to desperate measures.

but to blow yourself up in front of you kid?

NorthernLad Sep 1st 2013 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10880422)
but to blow yourself up in front of you kid?

If it is explosives. Sounds more like a very extreme way to grab attention (and she is obviously not thinking logically).

Blue Cat Sep 1st 2013 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 10880458)
If it is explosives. Sounds more like a very extreme way to grab attention (and she is obviously not thinking logically).

you say that she isn't thinking logically, organising this was not planned by someone who wasn't thinking logically. For starters if there are explosives then where did she get them from?

Meow Sep 1st 2013 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10880459)
you say that she isn't thinking logically, organising this was not planned by someone who wasn't thinking logically. For starters if there are explosives then where did she get them from?

IF. We don't know if there really are any.

Maybe she didn't think she had any other option and did this as an attention seeking stunt with no real intention of following it through? Most people know that the courts tend not to be lenient here (unless you are a rapist or a particular nationality) which is why I suggested she must be desperate.

Blue Cat Sep 1st 2013 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10880470)
IF. We don't know if there really are any.

Maybe she didn't think she had any other option and did this as an attention seeking stunt with no real intention of following it through? Most people know that the courts tend not to be lenient here (unless you are a rapist or a particular nationality) which is why I suggested she must be desperate.

just saw on Twitter that it's her ex husband in Jail (Emirati), she wants the kid to have Emirati passport (not sure why it hasn't) and there are no explosives.

Meow Sep 1st 2013 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10880473)
just saw on Twitter that it's her ex husband in Jail (Emirati), she wants the kid to have Emirati passport (not sure why it hasn't) and there are no explosives.

Well, there you go. No explosives - assuming that's an official source not twatter gossip ;)

An attention seeking stunt. I'll be interesting to see how she is treated by the authorities and how it all ends.

Boomhauer Sep 1st 2013 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by Kix (Post 10880359)
The proponent of the anti muslim rants has lots of pictures of cuddly animals on her FB page (lack of any FB security there then), says a lot about women who keep cats....

Maybee love of cuddly animals has soured her views on Islam owing to Halal practice?

Blue Cat Sep 1st 2013 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10880476)
Well, there you go. No explosives - assuming that's an official source not twatter gossip ;)

An attention seeking stunt. I'll be interesting to see how she is treated by the authorities and how it all ends.

it was Khaled :rofl: