British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Alleged bomb at Dubai Public Prosecution (Right now). (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/alleged-bomb-dubai-public-prosecution-right-now-807856/)

Kix Sep 1st 2013 10:47 am

Alleged bomb at Dubai Public Prosecution (Right now).

At the Creek, woman threatening to blow herself up!

Thought to be Syrian, husband being held.

National.

And I thought we lived in such a safe country....

shiva Sep 1st 2013 11:05 am

Re: Alleged bomb at Dubai Public Prosecution (Right now).

Absolutely amazed this made it to the press here. Suspect it will be retracted soon

Kix Sep 1st 2013 11:19 am

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 10880258)
Absolutely amazed this made it to the press here. Suspect it will be retracted soon

That was exactly my first thought to mate.

Meow Sep 1st 2013 11:33 am

7 days has the same picture. Just seen it on their FB feed.

Incredibly seven idiots (so far) have 'liked' that post...

Kix Sep 1st 2013 11:33 am

On 7 days now, that also adds pictures of the Twitter feed from someone there.

Not sure I'd want to be the person (Usuf Jeelani) breaking the news, I reckon I'd just get the **** out of there to a safe haven - like Jockey's pub at The Panorama Hotel in Bur Dubai, just down the road.

Blue Cat Sep 1st 2013 11:44 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10880289)
7 days has the same picture. Just seen it on their FB feed.

Incredibly seven idiots (so far) have 'liked' that post...

I know idiots, just saw it myself. Small child in there with her.

Kix Sep 1st 2013 11:45 am

And according to Feyaza Khan @FeyazaK on Twitter, she's now been taken into custody (that's the protester not Ms. Khan).

Blue Cat Sep 1st 2013 11:46 am

Originally Posted by Kix (Post 10880303)
And according to Feyaza Khan @FeyazaK on Twitter, she's now been taken into custody (that's the protester not Ms. Khan).

she is probably just trying it on, she will have lipsticks in her belt :)

Kix Sep 1st 2013 11:50 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10880308)
she is probably just trying it on, she will have lipsticks in her belt :)

Can you imagine the total unadulterated panic that would have gone on? Some were saying that the whole of Bank Street (gotta be a mile away) should be evacuated! Bomb disposal people there too, in some ways I wish I'd been up at that end of town.

Blue Cat Sep 1st 2013 11:51 am

Originally Posted by Kix (Post 10880313)
Can you imagine the total unadulterated panic that would have gone on? Some were saying that the whole of Bank Street (gotta be a mile away) should be evacuated! Bomb disposal people there too, in some ways I wish I'd been up at that end of town.

my friend is married to a bomb disposal officer here, he will have calmed the situation down I am sure.

Meow Sep 1st 2013 11:58 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10880316)
my friend is married to a bomb disposal officer here, he will have calmed the situation down I am sure.

I know who you mean. Not a chap to get flustered. He actually trains the local police on these issues, so the ones who bother to turn up to training will have been taught well.

Meow Sep 1st 2013 12:05 pm

The FB thread is getting a bit stroppy. A woman with a Western name has suggested the woman with the alleged bomb is muslim and others are claiming racism. From the photo the woman appears to be wearing a headscarf, although that's far from conclusive obviously.

Interesting...

Blue Cat Sep 1st 2013 12:16 pm

that thread will turn into a nice racist cat fight in no time :o

Kix Sep 1st 2013 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10880340)
The FB thread is getting a bit stroppy. A woman with a Western name has suggested the woman with the alleged bomb is muslim and others are claiming racism. From the photo the woman appears to be wearing a headscarf, although that's far from conclusive obviously.

Interesting...

The proponent of the anti muslim rants has lots of pictures of cuddly animals on her FB page (lack of any FB security there then), says a lot about women who keep cats....

scrubbedexpat141 Sep 1st 2013 12:18 pm

Mental.

Meow Sep 1st 2013 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by Kix (Post 10880359)
The proponent of the anti muslim rants has lots of pictures of cuddly animals on her FB page (lack of any FB security there then), says a lot about women who keep cats....

*hard stare*

Kix Sep 1st 2013 12:23 pm

As an aside, I wonder whether the person in the picture (with child) agreed for her and her child's pictures to be taken and put on the web? If I was her I'd be suing someone - but she's probably got a few other things on her mind at the moment.

Like her imminent stoning in Dubai (from 7days FB thread).

Edited to add, on the 7days FB thread, some woman called Fatima (maybe it's the same Fatima from Sharjah who keeps writing those letters), anyway I quote

"This is a 'Muslim' country, learn to respect the religion or go back to where you came from!"

How funny?

Blue Cat Sep 1st 2013 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10880365)
*hard stare*

:goodpost:

:rofl:

NorthernLad Sep 1st 2013 12:58 pm

Now saying she is Chechen with Syrian husband in a Dubai jail:

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/suici...ce-516117.html

Meow Sep 1st 2013 1:00 pm

You have to be feeling pretty desperate to attempt such a stunt.

NorthernLad Sep 1st 2013 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10880407)

Assuming that husband is in jail, kid to look after, little/no income and living in Dubai. I guess that could push someone to desperate measures.

Blue Cat Sep 1st 2013 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10880407)

she knows the consequences and how the UAE feels about terrorism, it is not acceptable on any level here. I am still surprised that it has got into the press though. The Daily Mail will be elated, just wait til tomorrow.

Blue Cat Sep 1st 2013 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 10880418)
Assuming that husband is in jail, kid to look after, little/no income and living in Dubai. I guess that could push someone to desperate measures.

but to blow yourself up in front of you kid?

NorthernLad Sep 1st 2013 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10880422)
but to blow yourself up in front of you kid?

If it is explosives. Sounds more like a very extreme way to grab attention (and she is obviously not thinking logically).

Blue Cat Sep 1st 2013 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 10880458)
If it is explosives. Sounds more like a very extreme way to grab attention (and she is obviously not thinking logically).

you say that she isn't thinking logically, organising this was not planned by someone who wasn't thinking logically. For starters if there are explosives then where did she get them from?

Meow Sep 1st 2013 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10880459)
you say that she isn't thinking logically, organising this was not planned by someone who wasn't thinking logically. For starters if there are explosives then where did she get them from?

IF. We don't know if there really are any.

Maybe she didn't think she had any other option and did this as an attention seeking stunt with no real intention of following it through? Most people know that the courts tend not to be lenient here (unless you are a rapist or a particular nationality) which is why I suggested she must be desperate.

Blue Cat Sep 1st 2013 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10880470)
IF. We don't know if there really are any.

Maybe she didn't think she had any other option and did this as an attention seeking stunt with no real intention of following it through? Most people know that the courts tend not to be lenient here (unless you are a rapist or a particular nationality) which is why I suggested she must be desperate.

just saw on Twitter that it's her ex husband in Jail (Emirati), she wants the kid to have Emirati passport (not sure why it hasn't) and there are no explosives.

Meow Sep 1st 2013 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10880473)
just saw on Twitter that it's her ex husband in Jail (Emirati), she wants the kid to have Emirati passport (not sure why it hasn't) and there are no explosives.

Well, there you go. No explosives - assuming that's an official source not twatter gossip ;)

An attention seeking stunt. I'll be interesting to see how she is treated by the authorities and how it all ends.

Boomhauer Sep 1st 2013 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by Kix (Post 10880359)

Maybee love of cuddly animals has soured her views on Islam owing to Halal practice?

Blue Cat Sep 1st 2013 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10880476)
Well, there you go. No explosives - assuming that's an official source not twatter gossip ;)

An attention seeking stunt. I'll be interesting to see how she is treated by the authorities and how it all ends.

it was Khaled :rofl:

NorthernLad Sep 1st 2013 2:27 pm

That was the point...IF there was explosives.

Meow Sep 1st 2013 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10880503)
it was Khaled :rofl:

Khaled who? :confused:

flares Sep 1st 2013 3:03 pm

For starters if there are explosives then where did she get them from?

Dragonmart

OriginalSunshine Sep 1st 2013 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10880365)
*hard stare*

*slow blink*

Meow Sep 1st 2013 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by saudiflares (Post 10880540)
Dragonmart

:D

Well they do say you can buy everything there. Or in Satwa.

shiva Sep 1st 2013 3:33 pm

In a country with 190 odd nationalities most of whom hate and or are war with each other , where most regional war zones transit their staff and materials I should imagine its not hard to find anything you want for price

Sandboy Sep 1st 2013 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10880420)
she knows the consequences and how the UAE feels about terrorism, it is not acceptable on any level here.

As opposed to those countries where they turn a blind eye to a bit of casual terrorism ?

Blue Cat Sep 2nd 2013 4:30 am

http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-n...r%2B02-09-2013

weasel decentral Sep 2nd 2013 5:46 am

Originally Posted by Sandboy (Post 10880618)
As opposed to those countries where they turn a blind eye to a bit of casual terrorism ?

:D
Bombing your local cafe or machine gun strafing a government office is considered a bit of banter in some countries not as strict as the UAE.

Millhouse Sep 2nd 2013 5:47 am

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 10880580)
In a country with 190 odd nationalities most of whom hate and or are war with each other , where most regional war zones transit their staff and materials I should imagine its not hard to find anything you want for price

Did you read about the mass brawl in the AD labour camp? Pakistan vs. Bangladesh (or shall we call it by the old name - East Pakistan).

:lol: