Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Alleged bomb at Dubai Public Prosecution (Right now).

Alleged bomb at Dubai Public Prosecution (Right now).

Old Sep 1st 2013, 10:47 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough
Default Alleged bomb at Dubai Public Prosecution (Right now).

At the Creek, woman threatening to blow herself up!

Thought to be Syrian, husband being held.

National.

And I thought we lived in such a safe country....
Old Sep 1st 2013, 11:05 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Alleged bomb at Dubai Public Prosecution (Right now).

Absolutely amazed this made it to the press here. Suspect it will be retracted soon
Old Sep 1st 2013, 11:19 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Originally Posted by shiva
Absolutely amazed this made it to the press here. Suspect it will be retracted soon
That was exactly my first thought to mate.
Old Sep 1st 2013, 11:33 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

7 days has the same picture. Just seen it on their FB feed.

Incredibly seven idiots (so far) have 'liked' that post...
Old Sep 1st 2013, 11:33 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

On 7 days now, that also adds pictures of the Twitter feed from someone there.

Not sure I'd want to be the person (Usuf Jeelani) breaking the news, I reckon I'd just get the **** out of there to a safe haven - like Jockey's pub at The Panorama Hotel in Bur Dubai, just down the road.
Old Sep 1st 2013, 11:44 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
7 days has the same picture. Just seen it on their FB feed.

Incredibly seven idiots (so far) have 'liked' that post...
I know idiots, just saw it myself. Small child in there with her.
Old Sep 1st 2013, 11:45 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

And according to Feyaza Khan @FeyazaK on Twitter, she's now been taken into custody (that's the protester not Ms. Khan).
Old Sep 1st 2013, 11:46 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
And according to Feyaza Khan @FeyazaK on Twitter, she's now been taken into custody (that's the protester not Ms. Khan).
she is probably just trying it on, she will have lipsticks in her belt
Old Sep 1st 2013, 11:50 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
she is probably just trying it on, she will have lipsticks in her belt
Can you imagine the total unadulterated panic that would have gone on? Some were saying that the whole of Bank Street (gotta be a mile away) should be evacuated! Bomb disposal people there too, in some ways I wish I'd been up at that end of town.
Old Sep 1st 2013, 11:51 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Kix
Can you imagine the total unadulterated panic that would have gone on? Some were saying that the whole of Bank Street (gotta be a mile away) should be evacuated! Bomb disposal people there too, in some ways I wish I'd been up at that end of town.
my friend is married to a bomb disposal officer here, he will have calmed the situation down I am sure.
Old Sep 1st 2013, 11:58 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
my friend is married to a bomb disposal officer here, he will have calmed the situation down I am sure.
I know who you mean. Not a chap to get flustered. He actually trains the local police on these issues, so the ones who bother to turn up to training will have been taught well.
Old Sep 1st 2013, 12:05 pm
Bored liberal

The FB thread is getting a bit stroppy. A woman with a Western name has suggested the woman with the alleged bomb is muslim and others are claiming racism. From the photo the woman appears to be wearing a headscarf, although that's far from conclusive obviously.

Interesting...
Old Sep 1st 2013, 12:16 pm
Concierge

that thread will turn into a nice racist cat fight in no time
Old Sep 1st 2013, 12:18 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Originally Posted by Meow
The FB thread is getting a bit stroppy. A woman with a Western name has suggested the woman with the alleged bomb is muslim and others are claiming racism. From the photo the woman appears to be wearing a headscarf, although that's far from conclusive obviously.

Interesting...
The proponent of the anti muslim rants has lots of pictures of cuddly animals on her FB page (lack of any FB security there then), says a lot about women who keep cats....
Old Sep 1st 2013, 12:18 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Mental.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.