Why come back to Britain?????

Old Dec 11th 2005, 1:31 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why come back to Britain?????

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Out of interest then, since neither my wife nor I have a holiday over Xmas due to our work, should we be offended by someone saying "Happy Holidays" to us?
Well ... i still hope you and your wife will have a good xmas , my hubby have to work all week for xmas since the country where i live here don't celebrate xmas.
Old Dec 11th 2005, 1:51 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by novita77
Well ... i still hope you and your wife will have a good xmas , my hubby have to work all week for xmas since the country where i live here don't celebrate xmas.
Thanks. Im sure we will. And you too.
Old Dec 11th 2005, 4:00 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. Im sure we will. And you too.
Happy work! just think of all the drunks you can scrape up.

Have all the statist, statis, figures people gone? Britain will be ok as for the NHS in debt wtf do you expect it's never going to make a profit is it?
We left hoping for a better future for our kids.
IMHO the OP is an 'I'm alright' twatcherite and would love Chile and all the nazis there.
You can say Christmas I always do, to hell with the holidays put the Christ in Christmas I have the right to say what I like the problem is people trying be pc like the Football authorities who tried to stop the Uni using the name Seminole because it would upset the native Seminoles. The slight problem was the Seminoles were never asked and were actually quite pleased their name was being used.

But to finnish the UK is a fine place full of fine people and I'll be a Brit till the day I die and proud to be one.
Old Dec 11th 2005, 5:28 am

ShozInOz is an unknown quantity at this point

The intersting thing about the Christmas>Happy Holidays thing is that Christians are now getting a bit of a taste of their/our old medicine. How many cultures have been stripped of their religions, starting with the Pagans who were burned alive along with their books, to the Aborigines not so long ago, including the mixed race Aborigines removed from their mothers to live with nuns.

The OP may be distressed to learn, though, that Australia has moved on since the White Australia policy.
Old Dec 11th 2005, 5:36 am

ShozInOz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ShozInOz
The intersting thing about the Christmas>Happy Holidays thing is that Christians are now getting a bit of a taste of their/our old medicine. How many cultures have been stripped of their religions, starting with the Pagans who were burned alive along with their books, to the Aborigines not so long ago, including the mixed race Aborigines removed from their mothers to live with nuns.

The OP may be distressed to learn, though, that Australia has moved on since the White Australia policy.
Interesting how Australia's oh-so-sensible immigration policies are turning out actually - SMH today on today's gang violence at Cronulla beach, south Sydney (5000 people gathered)
----------
One of the messages had urged "Aussies" to take revenge against "Lebs and wogs". Another urged locals to rally at point on the beach today to take retaliation against "middle eastern" gangs.
source: http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...235936223.html
----------

Yes OP, big racial/immigration problems in Australia - could it be?! Maybe we'll have a Paris Mark II situation here too! Wherever next, NZ?!
Old Dec 11th 2005, 5:40 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by merlotsmum
Feel a banning coming on here
What a sad, pathetic statement and the other poster after you on page #2 of this thread.
What reason should the OP banned from BE for ? Giving an opinion that doesn't meet with your approval ?
Or was it just a misjudged premonition of yours ?
Agree or disagree with someones opinions is the essence of a forum debate, the OP isn't engaging in flaming etc and has several points to make that he leaves open for reasonable debate, I'm sorry to hear you think he shouldn't have a voice.
Old Dec 11th 2005, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

CitySlicker will become famous soon enough

Wherever next, NZ?!
I hope not.

I have not heard of there being riots over here. The Maori do sometimes get angry but they usually march in protest. They usually do their 'haka' and then have a BBQ. Certainly not the same level of ethnic strife as seems to be going on in Sydney at the moment.

I don't think ther are many 'Lebs or Wogs' in NZ though.
Old Dec 11th 2005, 10:05 am

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
What a sad, pathetic statement and the other poster after you on page #2 of this thread.
What reason should the OP banned from BE for ? Giving an opinion that doesn't meet with your approval ?
Agree or disagree with someones opinions is the essence of a forum debate, the OP isn't engaging in flaming etc and has several points to make that he leaves open for reasonable debate, I'm sorry to hear you think he shouldn't have a voice.
Thank you for your well thought out post . . . my comment was said tongue in cheek as usually these threads tend to get heated and a couple of folks tend to get into personal jibes - then the thread gets closed or someone gets banned, not always the RIGHT person

I am all for people having their say, I have mine, so they can have theirs. We all have opinions.

I personally think you are an arse and I am sure you don't think much of me

I suggest you take chill pill mate, the sun must be melting your head
Old Dec 11th 2005, 10:54 am
Banned

Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by merlotsmum
I personally think you are an arse and I am sure you don't think much of me
Ive been online when baud rates were a fraction of what they are capable of these days and in my experience, you made a post believing in what you said, that the OP should be banned.

Your thoughts on what I think of you are borne from inexperience, I have absolutely no thoughts on how much I think of you however, for a brief moment I thought to myself how I would like to invite you to my server for an instant chat debate on your views but decided you would have little of intelligence to offer me and my colleagues in your first message and probably insult you by ignorance.

As for you thinking that I am "an arse"... You are entitled to have your opinion since even the un-educated have rights in life and I would fight for your rights.
Old Dec 11th 2005, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Yes OP, big racial/immigration problems in Australia - could it be?! Maybe we'll have a Paris Mark II situation here too! Wherever next, NZ?!
You're beginning to taint his view of 'merry olde Australia'! I was going to keep today's do-gooder tales to myself...but what the heck!

So, OP, first up there's the story in today's Queensland Mail about the teacher who has apologised for offending his pupils for his over-use of the word 'Christmas', following complaints. Then there's the story from last week's paper about the leading Islamic cleric who has called for Australia to end its use of the word 'Christmas' so as not to offend the high-number of non-Christians in the country. Last year it was all about cancelled nativity plays at schools and kindies. It may not yet be at the extent of that in the UK or US, but evidently, the sentiment is there, and many are unsure how to deal with it.
Old Dec 11th 2005, 12:07 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Ive been online when baud rates were a fraction of what they are capable of these days and in my experience, you made a post believing in what you said, that the OP should be banned.

Your thoughts on what I think of you are borne from inexperience, I have absolutely no thoughts on how much I think of you however, for a brief moment I thought to myself how I would like to invite you to my server for an instant chat debate on your views but decided you would have little of intelligence to offer me and my colleagues in your first message and probably insult you by ignorance.

As for you thinking that I am "an arse"... You are entitled to have your opinion since even the un-educated have rights in life and I would fight for your rights.
Well someone's got to say it so it might as well be me, I too find you Luke to be very rude to people personally, if you take it to dislike someone you spend a lot of effort to belittle and your tone is very unfriendly. If people just stuck to the subject instead of being so rude to each other the forum would be a much nicer place to be. How is saying someone has ‘little intelligence’ possibly justified in your mind? I think you should consider growing up a bit and stop making the forum an unfriendly place to visit.
Old Dec 11th 2005, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

I think you have interpreted Merlot's comments in a way she did not intend.

I don't know how regularly you frequent this forum, but there have been several instances recently where posters have been banned or warned off by the mods, and threads closed, due to the deliberate flaming of would-be returnees and the UK, even if it does go against the principals of free speech.

It was only a light-hearted comment, you should take it as such!
Old Dec 11th 2005, 12:38 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by arkon
How is saying someone has ‘little intelligence’ possibly justified in your mind? I think you should consider growing up a bit and stop making the forum an unfriendly place to visit.
Do you consider a post inferring the op should be banned for his thoughts as conducive of a forum youdyou'doy ?
Of course you would have your say here since youvyou'venged youryou'recome out of the oz lifestyles (though I do think you have your place there) and found the best forum for you seeing as you dislike austAustraliamuch.
Arkon, read the post I refer to on page 2, its an uneducated post in anyone's book, (I'll give you that much credit that you have always seemed to have a lot of it)
Bottom line though is, I dont give a toss and I tell it like I see it, maybe (merlotsmum thinks I too), deserve a ban since she could be on a roll.......
Old Dec 11th 2005, 12:41 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Do you consider a post inferring the op should be banned for his thoughts as conducive of a forum youdyou'doy ?
Of course you would have your say here since youvyou'venged youryou'recome out of the oz lifestyles (though I do think you have your place there) and found the best forum for you seeing as you dislike austAustraliamuch.
Arkon, read the post I refer to on page 2, its an uneducated post in anyone's book, (I'll give you that much credit that you have always seemed to have a lot of it)
Bottom line though is, I dont give a toss and I tell it like I see it, maybe (merlotsmum thinks I too), deserve a ban since she could be on a roll.......

Huh?
Old Dec 11th 2005, 12:44 pm
Banned

Huh?
buggered if I know, it wasnt what I typed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.