Why come back to Britain?????

Old Dec 10th 2005, 5:13 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why come back to Britain?????

Originally Posted by Elvira
So do you read the Daily Mail or the Sun?

Actually, judging by your grammar, it's a fair bet that it's the Sun...

NB: Seeing that you live in the Middle East, why do you feel that your son should be entitled to free NHS treatment?
You really good in judging people ... well done ....
Old Dec 10th 2005, 5:19 pm
stara koka masna juha

cutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Interested
You sound like a complete bigot! Doubt you know what that means...

What is "X"mas anyway? If you cared so much about the meaning wouldn't you call it Christmas?
oh, come on, I don't especially agree with Novita on this one, but picking on someone's shorthand is just ridiculous!

As for the christmas lights thing, I'm not a christian, but I celebrate christmas as a family tradition, a tradition of my country, and i was sad to hear what Novita said about the lights.
Old Dec 10th 2005, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

eliscolin has a brilliant futureeliscolin has a brilliant futureeliscolin has a brilliant futureeliscolin has a brilliant futureeliscolin has a brilliant futureeliscolin has a brilliant future

Aahhh - the irony!

Theres a difference....when my wife came to the UK, we filled out the forms, paid our money and waited our turn in the queue. We support ourselves and have never asked anybody for anything.

A rather big difference to many of the illegals entering into this country via the backdoor that are given housing, handouts and bringing a crime wave with them.
Old Dec 10th 2005, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

CitySlicker will become famous soon enough

So do you read the Daily Mail or the Sun?

Actually, judging by your grammar, it's a fair bet that it's the Sun...

NB: Seeing that you live in the Middle East, why do you feel that your son should be entitled to free NHS treatment?
I'd say that she is Filipino (or South East Asian anyway) judging by the style of writing. If she is, I bet her English is better than your Tagalog.

Another thing, accusing people who complain about immigrants to the UK of being Daily Mail or Sun readers isn't quite right. I used to read the Telegraph when I was in the UK and that paper was also complaining about immigrants.

If you seriously think that the kind of uncontrolled immigration to the UK that has gone on in the last 10 years (via abuse of the asylum system) has been a good thing then you might want to tell us why.
Old Dec 10th 2005, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

eliscolin has a brilliant futureeliscolin has a brilliant futureeliscolin has a brilliant futureeliscolin has a brilliant futureeliscolin has a brilliant futureeliscolin has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by MJC
I don't think that's printed in Qatar!

No, cos it would offend the minority! Why does Birmingham call it Winterville????

Honestly Nov, the statements written here (by people who have moved away - NIMBY's we used to call them) are the exact reason I left that sh1thole of a country a while back.

(Not In My Back Yard)
They still think *merry old England* exists.

It was in the news this week that a girl was disciplined at school for wearing a crucifix. Meanwhile at the same school the other cultures are allowed to wear their religious symbols.....more sucking up to *The Minority*.

Better have your prayer mats ready for when you arrive at Heathrow
Old Dec 10th 2005, 5:39 pm
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

Too Bloody right. K sent
Originally Posted by eliscolin

It was in the news this week that a girl was disciplined at school for wearing a crucifix. Meanwhile at the same school the other cultures are allowed to wear their religious symbols.....more sucking up to *The Minority*.

Old Dec 10th 2005, 5:40 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CitySlicker
I'd say that she is Filipino (or South East Asian anyway) judging by the style of writing. If she is, I bet her English is better than your Tagalog.

Another thing, accusing people who complain about immigrants to the UK of being Daily Mail or Sun readers isn't quite right. I used to read the Telegraph when I was in the UK and that paper was also complaining about immigrants.

If you seriously think that the kind of uncontrolled immigration to the UK that has gone on in the last 10 years (via abuse of the asylum system) has been a good thing then you might want to tell us why.
It shouldn't Tagalog ... it should be Bahasa Well done for judging I am from Asia. You did a good job there ....

Another thing ... my husband's best friend having a bad knee ... the doctor said he need a surgery for 'knee cap replacement'. And guess what??? The NHS will not cover the cost because he is not 70 years old yet (he is in his 40's). IMHO ... if you have to wait that long for 'knee cap replacement' by then u will be too late to ride your bike, mount climbing, hiking or any other outdoor activities.

FYI .... he never live outside the UK all his live ... he paid in full all his income tax and any other taxes (council tax, petrol tax, road tax or whatever you call them).

For Elvira:
Do I have to be 'The Sun' reader to have the opinion on here ???
Old Dec 10th 2005, 5:42 pm
semarang

Originally Posted by eliscolin

Found the prayer room in Manchester airport .... wondering when Qatar authority will put up a chapel in Doha airport ....

Last edited by novita77; Dec 10th 2005 at 5:45 pm.
Old Dec 10th 2005, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Interested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by cutina
oh, come on, I don't especially agree with Novita on this one, but picking on someone's shorthand is just ridiculous!

As for the christmas lights thing, I'm not a christian, but I celebrate christmas as a family tradition, a tradition of my country, and i was sad to hear what Novita said about the lights.
Well if you consider it a secular traditonal holiday without any religious meaning - why do you give two hoots if they're not called Christmas/xmas lights? What's wrong with calling them holiday lights or whatever.
Old Dec 10th 2005, 6:03 pm
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

Nah mate, you've got it wrong, it's an excuse to get hammered, snog drunken women you don't know and eat too much.

Hang on, isn't that Dubai EVERY night???
Well if you consider it a secular traditonal holiday without any religious meaning - why do you give two hoots if they're not called Christmas/xmas lights? What's wrong with calling them holiday lights or whatever.
Old Dec 10th 2005, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

vandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant future

My other half popped into the post office on friday in the UK to send her cards back to Australia in time for Christmas.

While she was there the lady behind the counter said to her to that as she had stuck special Christmas stamps on the cards that she had better be careful.

The lady then went on to explain that 'as these are Christmas stamps, they maybe offensive to your recipients, are they offensive to you?' :scared:

At this point my partner was gobsmacked... and she said that the woman sounded as if she had repeated the same thing hundreds of times already !

What a joke !! PC has gone completely mad in this country !
Old Dec 10th 2005, 6:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Interested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant future

Maybe she was joking

Originally Posted by vandiemen
My other half popped into the post office on friday in the UK to send her cards back to Australia in time for Christmas.

While she was there the lady behind the counter said to her to that as she had stuck special Christmas stamps on the cards that she had better be careful.

The lady then went on to explain that 'as these are Christmas stamps, they maybe offensive to your recipients, are they offensive to you?' :scared:

At this point my partner was gobsmacked... and she said that the woman sounded as if she had repeated the same thing hundreds of times already !

What a joke !! PC has gone completely mad in this country !
Old Dec 10th 2005, 6:31 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MJC
Honestly Nov, the statements written here (by people who have moved away - NIMBY's we used to call them) are the exact reason I left that sh1thole of a country a while back.

I have not yet left and I think your opinions are Bol***ks.

G
Old Dec 10th 2005, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

vandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant future

Maybe she was joking
Wish she was but it sounded very genuine. Popping into the post office next week to send off my visa app so will let you know then !
Old Dec 10th 2005, 6:33 pm
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

2 things, you ain't left yet and you're a grumpy old man - and I thought Victor was dead!!
Originally Posted by Grayling
I have not yet left and I think your opinions are Bol***ks.

G

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.