Too scared to live in England.

Old Jan 25th 2008, 11:36 am
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Too scared to live in England.

Originally Posted by bramblebush
One of my biggest reasons for being unsure about returning to England is personal safety for myself and my family.

We are so up and down, we just can't decide what we want.
One day we are going to try and settle and stay then the next day we are desperate to go back to the UK.

Aug 2005 we arrived in France so excited about our new adventure, hating England and believing everything in the papers, yes we got caught up in all the negative stuff.

Feb/Mar 07 we had our first spell of homesickness and admitted to ourselves and to each other that this didn't have to be forever and that it would be ok to return.

April/May 07 the weather was spring like and we decided that we would be mad to give it all up.

Nov/Dec 07 Christmas is looming, we miss family and want to go home.

Christmas came and went we made the most of it and did have a lovely time, decided again that we should stick it out.

Early January we decide we can't stick it out and want to go home.

Then it all gets too complicated to explain, we change from one day to the next.

My main concern is personal safety for all of us, I feel safe here in deepest rural France and to be honest I am scared to live in England.

Can anyone relate to this feeling, I tell myself that it is irrational fear but it still stands in my way.

It sounds more like you haven't quite made up your mind yet, rather than the actual fear of living in the UK. Just relax and take each day as it comes until you make your mind up.

With regards to crime and being afraid I wouldn't worry about it. As has been said; read some newspapers that don't sell copies by reporting nothing but rape, robbery and murder.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

bramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Howard1944
A few years ago a Canadian moved his family to the Falklands, he was so concerned about living near the U.S and a Nuclear Attack, three weeks later the British invaded.

Poop happens.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 12:27 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

A few years ago a Canadian moved his family to the Falklands, he was so concerned about living near the U.S and a Nuclear Attack, three weeks later the British invaded.

Poop happens.
The British invaded???? Please try to get your facts right.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 12:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

If your scared to live in England I must be completely insane to want to move back to Northern Ireland . To a lot of people NI sounds like a scary place (although it has improved a lot over recent years) When I was growing up there during "the troubles" I really wasn't effected by all the bad stuff that was going on and it wasn't as if I was from a nice area. Don't let a few bad apples and some peoples negative experiences put you off, if you really feel moving back is the right thing to do.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

bramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
If your scared to live in England I must be completely insane to want to move back to Northern Ireland . To a lot of people NI sounds like a scary place (although it has improved a lot over recent years) When I was growing up there during "the troubles" I really wasn't effected by all the bad stuff that was going on and it wasn't as if I was from a nice area. Don't let a few bad apples and some peoples negative experiences put you off, if you really feel moving back is the right thing to do.
Thanks
Old Jan 25th 2008, 1:36 pm
Banned

Howard1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud of

Some people believe that the Maldives aka the Falklands are actually Argentinian Territory and not an extension of the U.K.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 2:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

babsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, I had to laugh at 'Maldives'

Islas MALVINAS
Old Jan 25th 2008, 4:20 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

I always think that if you are unsure about something DON'T DO IT wait until you feel the time is right. Enjoy your time in France and when you are ready to move you will know. Meantime you seem to be thinking more and more about it so the seed is planted, it just has to mature. You are not ready yet.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

zerohero is a splendid one to beholdzerohero is a splendid one to beholdzerohero is a splendid one to beholdzerohero is a splendid one to beholdzerohero is a splendid one to beholdzerohero is a splendid one to beholdzerohero is a splendid one to beholdzerohero is a splendid one to beholdzerohero is a splendid one to beholdzerohero is a splendid one to beholdzerohero is a splendid one to behold

:
My family and friends are all in England and have never experienced any terrible danger.

I just still have that fear.

We are a lost cause I'm sure of it, we just cannot be helped
Just stop reading the British newspapers and London based TV news.Many other countries do not report crime as precisely as in the UK.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 4:45 pm
Banned

Backhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond repute

I feel much safer walking the streets of London when working down there than I ever did when I lived in Perth at night even Paris seems more threatening at night, please do not be taken in by all the media rubbish, your chances of ever being mugged or robbed are so minimal that your worries are unfounded.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 4:53 pm
Bendy Bully

Eric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Too scared to live in England.

Some people believe that the Maldives aka the Falklands ...
BE post of the year so far.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 6:06 pm
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Some people believe that the Maldives aka the Falklands are actually Argentinian Territory and not an extension of the U.K.
But funnily enough none of those people actually lived in the Falkland Islands.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

hudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of light

One of my biggest reasons for being unsure about returning to England is personal safety for myself and my family.

We are so up and down, we just can't decide what we want.
One day we are going to try and settle and stay then the next day we are desperate to go back to the UK.

Aug 2005 we arrived in France so excited about our new adventure, hating England and believing everything in the papers, yes we got caught up in all the negative stuff.

Feb/Mar 07 we had our first spell of homesickness and admitted to ourselves and to each other that this didn't have to be forever and that it would be ok to return.

April/May 07 the weather was spring like and we decided that we would be mad to give it all up.

Nov/Dec 07 Christmas is looming, we miss family and want to go home.

Christmas came and went we made the most of it and did have a lovely time, decided again that we should stick it out.

Early January we decide we can't stick it out and want to go home.

Then it all gets too complicated to explain, we change from one day to the next.

My main concern is personal safety for all of us, I feel safe here in deepest rural France and to be honest I am scared to live in England.

Can anyone relate to this feeling, I tell myself that it is irrational fear but it still stands in my way.
Hi

Hi we lived in Suffolk and found it a very safe and easy going place to bring up a family. My family never worried about crime or locking everything up all the time. We then spent 8 years in Canada and returned to the UK 2 years ago.
We now live in rural Oxfordshire and it find it a clean, safe and uncrowded place to live. We are planning to move to SE Kent in the next few months.
We feel safe living in the UK and kids seem to be treated well at school.

I had a look at a copy of the Daily Mail and what is written about the UK, gives me the impression that for 31 years of my life I lived in a different country than written in the tabloids.

Just move to the right places in the UK and your family should be ok.

hudd

Last edited by hudd; Jan 25th 2008 at 7:40 pm. Reason: ty
Old Jan 25th 2008, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hudd
Hi

Hi we lived in Suffolk and found it a very safe and easy going place to bring up a family. My family never worried about crime or locking everything up all the time. We then spent 8 years in Canada and returned to the UK 2 years ago.
We now live in rural Oxfordshire and it find it a clean, safe and uncrowded place to live. We are planning to move to SE Kent in the next few months.
We feel safe living in the UK and kids seem to be treated well at school.

I had a look at a copy of the Daily Mail and what is written about the UK, gives me the impression that for 31 years of my life I lived in a different country than written in the tabloids.

Just move to the right places in the UK and your family should be ok.

hudd
Thanks for the reassurance, it was especially interesting because Suffolk is on our list of places to consider.
Possibly round the stowmarket or sudbury areas.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

hudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the reassurance, it was especially interesting because Suffolk is on our list of places to consider.
Possibly round the stowmarket or sudbury areas.

Bramblebush

I lived in a numbers of areas in the UK including West London, Hampshire, Surrey, Oxfordshire, Essex, Kent and always Suffolk was my wife and I favourite place we have lived.

Enclosed a link about Stowmarket which I would say there some nice villages around this town.

hudd

http://www.upmystreet.com/l/stowmarket.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.