Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Is the situation in the UK really that bad?

Is the situation in the UK really that bad?

Old Oct 16th 2013, 4:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is the situation in the UK really that bad?

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Are you ever happy?
What has my happiness got to do with what was being reported in the BBC news article? I was simply relaying information from that news source.
Old Oct 16th 2013, 4:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
What has my happiness got to do with what was being reported in the BBC news article? I was simply relaying information from that news source.
Right.
Old Oct 16th 2013, 4:24 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Right.
Do what I do, totally ignore, its not worth it.
Old Oct 16th 2013, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
Do what I do, totally ignore, its not worth it.
To ignore is ignorance.
Old Oct 16th 2013, 4:27 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

To ignore is ignorance.
I've no dog in this fight but I do have to pick on this one.

Ignorance is the lack of knowledge or information. To ignore may lead to ignorance but it does not equal ignorance.

Now as you were. By the way, my dad can beat up your dads
Old Oct 16th 2013, 4:29 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I've no dog in this fight but I do have to pick on this one.

Ignorance is the lack of knowledge or information. To ignore may lead to ignorance but it does not equal ignorance.

Now as you were. By the way, my dad can beat up your dads
Old Oct 16th 2013, 4:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Considering I was simply quoting statistics from a news article in regards to the topic of what the poster had posted, then ignoring my post (and therefore those stats) as the poster said he did is indeed lacking information or knowledge in this context.

Apparently to him, such information is not worth it.
Old Oct 16th 2013, 4:38 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Considering I was simply quoting statistics from a news article in regards to the topic of what the poster had posted, then ignoring my post (and therefore those stats) as the poster said he did is indeed lacking information or knowledge in this context.

Apparently to him, such information is not worth it.
Therefore ignoring the post lead to ignorance of the contents of the artice you were quoting but you had implied an equivalency.

I'm being needlessly pedantic but that's what I do.
Old Oct 16th 2013, 4:41 pm
Banned

Therefore ignoring the post lead to ignorance of the contents of the artice you were quoting but you had implied an equivalency.

Not being pedantic, just accurate.
Old Oct 16th 2013, 4:42 pm
Banned

Just getting back to the original post, the answer is still a big fat capitalised NO.
Old Oct 16th 2013, 4:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Being pedantic, I think you might mean led not lead?
Old Oct 16th 2013, 4:44 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Just getting back to the original post, the answer is still a big fat capitalised NO.
Shouldn't that be for you - I'm sure that for some people in the UK the situation is that bad, or worse
Old Oct 16th 2013, 4:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

In your quest to relay information, it's odd that you left this out:

"The number of people in work, both full-time and part-time, reached a record high of 29.87 million in the quarter, up 155,000."

Otoh, we're seeing a pattern of the recovery in many western countries not leading to significant falls in unemployment. It's a troubling situation.
Old Oct 16th 2013, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Shouldn't that be for you - I'm sure that for some people in the UK the situation is that bad, or worse
Indeed - I have mentioned a few times on this thread that I am of the view that there's no definitive yes or no answer, and is dependent on many factors.
Old Oct 16th 2013, 4:46 pm
I have a comma problem

In the interest of balance - you must at least qualify that by saying it is anecdotal.

As I have posted earlier, it might be generally OK but if I, for example, were to attempt a return there is a good chance I'd be unemployed for a while. I'd not consider that 'not too bad', at least for the duration.

Being pedantic, I think you might mean led not lead?
Did I really just type that ?

Yes, it should have. Why the hell was I thinking of plumbum?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.