Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Old Jan 10th 2011, 12:54 am
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56
I more of Treacle spong person, Rice and stuff reminds me of vomit, cant stomach it.
OMG my Mom makes the best treakle pudding too, with hot custard all over it...damn my butt is gonna be huge as a house after the first month home..;(
Old Jan 10th 2011, 1:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ldyinlv
OMG my Mom makes the best treakle pudding too, with hot custard all over it...damn my butt is gonna be huge as a house after the first month home..;(
As My Mum would say, "Many a true word said in Jest"

So be careful Jackie, maybe your parents can sit you three feet from the table so you have to reach for everything hahahahahaha...
Old Jan 10th 2011, 1:01 am
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56
As My Mum would say, "Many a true word said in Jest"

So be careful Jackie, maybe your parents can sit you three feet from the table so you have to reach for everything hahahahahaha...
Hey good idea..
Old Jan 10th 2011, 1:07 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DDL
Cheers, I'll have to look up our car ins. info tomorrow morning, but just chiming in here that petrol has skyrocketed recently. We filled up today and the best price we could find locally (at Sainsburys) was £1.29/litre.
The way I think. How much to fill up???
Old Jan 10th 2011, 1:14 am
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cheers
The way I think. How much to fill up???
Depends on the size of the tank dontheturner
Old Jan 10th 2011, 1:16 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

This forum went wild this afternoon (my time) and I don't know what I've read and not read.
I was on the chat with Hewlett Packard trying to fix my CD drive and it seems like I spent 2 hours with them and the conclusion is I need a new CD drive. '$50' not for awhile. What ticks me off is it went shortly after I bought the thing and I didn't find out about it until the warrentee had ran out. I'm not too hot on HP now.
Old Jan 10th 2011, 1:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dontheturner
Depends on the size of the tank dontheturner
I wanted Denise to tell me for her Renault.
Old Jan 10th 2011, 1:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Don,

What side of the road do they drive on Thailand? What is the most popular car there?
Old Jan 10th 2011, 2:55 am
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

DDL..You are an American citizen do they allow you all the facilities a UK citizen has when visiting the doctors.

Okay Trotty - I am going to "bite the bullet" so to speak and say what is on my mind. If we're not supposed to talk about healthcare on this thread, why are you asking DDL (Denise) about what healthcare she is entitled to (as an American citizen) in the UK? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to be okay for an American citizen to post comments about what they don't like about the UK healthcare system, but not okay for those of us Brits living in the US to talk about the US system. Doesn't seem very fair does it? Or do you feel, since you started this thread, that you can tell us what we can post or cannot post? Sorry - I just had to get this off my chest, so to speak. Have a good evening. I hope your house showing went well.

I didnt say Dr Visits or helpful hints on visiting the Dr could not be brought up what I said was indepth issues should be discussed on another link. Healthcare issues to me were those that some posters were experiencing and wanted to vent their anger and frustrations and also get helpful information on different types of insurance in the US how much it costs etc but you cannot do that in just a couple of posts. I actually thought it could become a really good place for information. How wrong was I. But this is a US issue not a UK issue and this forum is about returning to the UK.

Derrygirl....One last point the reason I asked DDL about her visit to the Dr.s because it is very important to me she is an American Citizen who is living in the UK and because she would have first hand knowledge of what I needed to know because my husband is also American Citizen. I hope she wasnt offended by your remarks she has done some wonderful posting since she has been in the UK and thats what we who are going back want the knowledge of what to expect when we get back we all know what we have here in the US.

Just because I started this thread had nothing to do with it, it does not belong to me but when I am trying to gather information and collect it in a folder for future reference it takes many hours to scroll through all the post you cannot just jump from one page to the next someone might have posted something good in the middle of a US Healthcare issue if you all want to jump back into this forum with your US Healthcare by all means do it but you will lose alot of people who are not interested in it and just want facts on going home and that includes UK healthcare and Dr. visits all relating to moving back to the UK. Perhaps I should have made that plain. But do what you want you really have been unkind today.

One last point I have been and am very sypathetic to ldyinlvs condition and situation but it got into much greater detail about her healthcare providers and then it went from one issue to another with others joining in and thats fine but thats when I said It would be a good idea to have its own forum. I thought you all understood I meant US Healthcare.
Old Jan 10th 2011, 3:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trottytrue
Quote:

DDL..You are an American citizen do they allow you all the facilities a UK citizen has when visiting the doctors.

Okay Trotty - I am going to "bite the bullet" so to speak and say what is on my mind. If we're not supposed to talk about healthcare on this thread, why are you asking DDL (Denise) about what healthcare she is entitled to (as an American citizen) in the UK? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to be okay for an American citizen to post comments about what they don't like about the UK healthcare system, but not okay for those of us Brits living in the US to talk about the US system. Doesn't seem very fair does it? Or do you feel, since you started this thread, that you can tell us what we can post or cannot post? Sorry - I just had to get this off my chest, so to speak. Have a good evening. I hope your house showing went well.

I didnt say Dr Visits or helpful hints on visiting the Dr could not be brought up what I said was indepth issues should be discussed on another link. Healthcare issues to me were those that some posters were experiencing and wanted to vent their anger and frustrations and also get helpful information on different types of insurance in the US how much it costs etc but you cannot do that in just a couple of posts. I actually thought it could become a really good place for information. How wrong was I. But this is a US issue not a UK issue and this forum is about returning to the UK.

Derrygirl....One last point the reason I asked DDL about her visit to the Dr.s because it is very important to me she is an American Citizen who is living in the UK and because she would have first hand knowledge of what I needed to know because my husband is also American Citizen. I hope she wasnt offended by your remarks she has done some wonderful posting since she has been in the UK and thats what we who are going back want the knowledge of what to expect when we get back we all know what we have here in the US.Just because I started this thread had nothing to do with it, it does not belong to me but when I am trying to gather information and collect it in a folder for future reference it takes many hours to scroll through all the post you cannot just jump from one page to the next someone might have posted something good in the middle of a US Healthcare issue if you all want to jump back into this forum with your US Healthcare by all means do it but you will lose alot of people who are not interested in it and just want facts on going home and that includes UK healthcare and Dr. visits all relating to moving back to the UK. Perhaps I should have made that plain. But do what you want you really have been unkind today.

One last point I have been and am very sypathetic to ldyinlvs condition and situation but it got into much greater detail about her healthcare providers and then it went from one issue to another with others joining in and thats fine but thats when I said It would be a good idea to have its own forum. I thought you all understood I meant US Healthcare.
Trotty - you are correct - Denise has done some wonderful postings on this thread and I have read all of them with interest and responded to many of them. TBH, I was very offended by her remarks when she complained about the NHS. And there is a double standard going on here - you can try to deny it, but it's there. I don't like double standards, and I don't like censorship.
Old Jan 10th 2011, 4:06 am
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

There are no double standards only for those who wish to make it so. This forum is for "50's & 60s Moving Back to the UK". Not "50's and 60's who live in the US and wish to discuss US Healthcare" and there is no censorship as you can see if you read this thread you have all had plenty to say and none of it has been deleted I am not able to do that. All I did was ask that US Healthcare be taken to a new link not deleted. I have no idea why you were so offended by her remarks on a visit she had to a UK facility she is there we are not she has the knowledge first hand we dont. I would love to know if you still have to sign on with a certain Dr in your area in the UK or do you have a choice. I know when we lived in the UK you could not choose which doctor you went to. Unless you went private. I wonder if she was offended by all the comments about US healthcare.
Old Jan 10th 2011, 4:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Derrygirl....One last point the reason I asked DDL about her visit to the Dr.s because it is very important to me she is an American Citizen who is living in the UK and because she would have first hand knowledge of what I needed to know because my husband is also American Citizen. I hope she wasnt offended by your remarks she has done some wonderful posting since she has been in the UK and thats what we who are going back want the knowledge of what to expect when we get back we all know what we have here in the US.

Just because I started this thread had nothing to do with it, it does not belong to me but when I am trying to gather information and collect it in a folder for future reference it takes many hours to scroll through all the post you cannot just jump from one page to the next someone might have posted something good in the middle of a US Healthcare issue if you all want to jump back into this forum with your US Healthcare by all means do it but you will lose alot of people who are not interested in it and just want facts on going home and that includes UK healthcare and Dr. visits all relating to moving back to the UK. Perhaps I should have made that plain. But do what you want you really have been unkind today.

Trotty.

Drs and Healthcare, US or UK I think you are splitting hairs, We compare just about anything and everything on this thread.

I know you sort through all the Info, but surely its no harder to sort through Healthcare posts as it is to sort through all other subjects, Taxes, Retirement, TV/radio, Flights, Luggage, Buses, Dogs, Pies, Cars, Driving licences, Houses for sale, to rent buy or clean etc.

Unkind, believe me you may think so, I for one would have liked to have said more, I just didnt want to stress you out.

All along Ive been baffeled that you of all people didn't want to discuss the heathcare issue as your husband is ill.
Old Jan 10th 2011, 4:17 am
BE Forum Addict

There are no double standards only for those who wish to make it so. This forum is for "50's & 60s Moving Back to the UK". Not "50's and 60's who live in the US and wish to discuss US Healthcare" and there is no censorship as you can see if you read this thread you have all had plenty to say and none of it has been deleted I am not able to do that. All I did was ask that US Healthcare be taken to a new link not deleted. I have no idea why you were so offended by her remarks on a visit she had to a UK facility she is there we are not she has the knowledge first hand we dont. I would love to know if you still have to sign on with a certain Dr in your area in the UK or do you have a choice. I know when we lived in the UK you could not choose which doctor you went to. Unless you went private. I wonder if she was offended by all the comments about US healthcare.
I dont think it was "U.S." Healthcare but Healthcare that you said should have its own thread, then you of all people asked DDL about a Dr visit, that seems very hypocritical to me.

Last edited by Fish n Chips 56; Jan 10th 2011 at 5:14 am.
Old Jan 10th 2011, 4:23 am
BE Forum Addict

The new link is headed US Healthcare. On here we discuss UK healthcare if you dont want to split hairs. The reason I dont discuss my husbands healthcare is because its fine. He gets good healthcare I have said that if you read back we have nothing to complain about we dont have cadillac insurance we pay $50 each a month I mention that here because you asked. As for my scrolling through most of those topics you mentioned do have great links which are important to many of us.

By the way this is a forum and remarks made by most posters do not stress me out I have more to worry about that whether or not folks are upset that a topic has been moved. How silly is that. Life is way to short for that. I said comments were unkind and thats it no more.
Old Jan 10th 2011, 4:31 am
BE Forum Addict

The new link is headed US Healthcare. On here we discuss UK healthcare if you dont want to split hairs. The reason I dont discuss my husbands healthcare is because its fine. He gets good healthcare I have said that if you read back we have nothing to complain about we dont have cadillac insurance we pay $50 each a month I mention that here because you asked. As for my scrolling through most of those topics you mentioned do have great links which are important to many of us.

By the way this is a forum and remarks made by most posters do not stress me out I have more to worry about that whether or not folks are upset that a topic has been moved. How silly is that. Life is way to short for that. I said comments were unkind and thats it no more.
Oh Now I see...

And for the record I didn't ask for the cost of your medical Insurance, thats your business, as youve stated before you are Happy with it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.