Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Old Jan 9th 2011, 11:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Originally Posted by Derrygal
Yes - I was thinking the exact same thing myself!!!
So, just so I am clear....it is ok to talk about Healthcare here???
Old Jan 9th 2011, 11:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windsong
Thanks, DDL. I know how to make rice pudding. The problem is how to make macaroni pudding in the U.S. - what grain to use.
Wind, Im not being rude but maybe you should google it.

Its mass confusion here today...
Old Jan 9th 2011, 11:44 pm
Forum Regular

aviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ldyinlv
With a permission slip.
Old Jan 9th 2011, 11:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aviva
With a permission slip.
LOL I guess so..
Old Jan 9th 2011, 11:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ldyinlv
Yes for some, but not you of course, LOL, Sally and I are also exempt and a few others Im sure, just be sure its facts we are talking and you May or May not be OK, youll have to ask the BOSS.
Old Jan 9th 2011, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

aviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56
Yes for some, but not you of course, LOL, Sally and I are also exempt and a few others Im sure, just be sure its facts we are talking and you May or May not be OK, youll have to ask the BOSS.
He's not logged on at the moment.
Old Jan 9th 2011, 11:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aviva
He's not logged on at the moment.
I think the boss is a "She".
Old Jan 9th 2011, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Derrygal
I think the boss is a "She".
No, not so much!
Old Jan 9th 2011, 11:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Nooo that was in my last lifetime in the UK, this time it will either be Cheshire with my sister or somewhere near to Heathrow.
No, No. Lets hear none of that. Your going to establish a beach (lake) front in the Lake District. You promised
Old Jan 10th 2011, 12:12 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Wind, Im not being rude but maybe you should google it.

Its mass confusion here today...
Googling it doesn't help me find out what sort of grain to buy in the US to make macaroni pudding in the US that tastes like macaroni pudding in the UK
Old Jan 10th 2011, 12:15 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

I have to ask . . . are you all tipsy today? Everyone (except me, of course) seems totally off the wall! Is this all because the healthcare topic got moved to a separate thread? We should all be thankful! Now, if we want to learn something about healthcare it can be found in one neat and tidy place.
Old Jan 10th 2011, 12:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trottytrue
Goodheavens considering I thought it was a good idea to start a new thread about healthcare and get into it deeper as some people wanted to and needed to I think what was forgotten was that I apologized to ldyinlv for not understand her post. I honestly thought this bunch were a nice bunch of people and would understand what I was doing but from the remarks posted on the other sight I really got it wrong.

DDL..You are an American citizen do they allow you all the facilities a UK citizen has when visiting the doctors.Rodney....Glad your computer is up and running what do you think of the bus service in your area. Did you say you Mum still drives.
Okay Trotty - I am going to "bite the bullet" so to speak and say what is on my mind. If we're not supposed to talk about healthcare on this thread, why are you asking DDL (Denise) about what healthcare she is entitled to (as an American citizen) in the UK? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to be okay for an American citizen to post comments about what they don't like about the UK healthcare system, but not okay for those of us Brits living in the US to talk about the US system. Doesn't seem very fair does it? Or do you feel, since you started this thread, that you can tell us what we can post or cannot post? Sorry - I just had to get this off my chest, so to speak. Have a good evening. I hope your house showing went well.
Old Jan 10th 2011, 12:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by windsong
I have to ask . . . are you all tipsy today? Everyone (except me, of course) seems totally off the wall! Is this all because the healthcare topic got moved to a separate thread? We should all be thankful! Now, if we want to learn something about healthcare it can be found in one neat and tidy place.
Not really, because its now in two places.
Old Jan 10th 2011, 12:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Not really, because its now in two places.
They're all tipsy on the other thread, too. I just checked.

I will look outside now . . . to see if there is a full moon
Old Jan 10th 2011, 12:22 am
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DDL
1. To make rice pudding in the States, all you need to use is long grain rice.

2. To make rice pudding in the UK, they sell what is called dessert rice.

Both the above based upon personal experience.
I find these comments ''Odd'' to say the least - in Morrisons Supermarket, and I guess others are the same, there are about ten kinds of Rice - including long Grain - the same as USA.-perfect for a rice pudding. if you want a macaroni pudding - just buy some macaroni, dontheturner

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.