Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Old Jan 19th 2011, 10:15 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Originally Posted by cheers
Mommy,
Where in Wales are you from?
North. Colwyn Bay
Old Jan 19th 2011, 11:11 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ldyinlv
Las Vegas is a beautiful, vibrant town..it is in the Desert yes, but its an amazing, one of a kind city. There are many things I will miss about living here, but its time to go...just sayin!!
And it has some of the most beautiful scenery in the world right on its doorstep! We spent a lot of time in Zion national park and it's amazing there. Las Vegas wasn't my favorite I have to admit, but by mum visited a few years ago and just loved it.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 11:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
And it has some of the most beautiful scenery in the world right on its doorstep! We spent a lot of time in Zion national park and it's amazing there. Las Vegas wasn't my favorite I have to admit, but by mum visited a few years ago and just loved it.
I must be the only person in the US who hasn't visited Las Vegas! Both my kids have gone there and I believe one of them took a side trip to see the Hoover Dam. I must put it on my "bucket list"
Old Jan 19th 2011, 11:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Derrygal
I must be the only person in the US who hasn't visited Las Vegas! Both my kids have gone there and I believe one of them took a side trip to see the Hoover Dam. I must put it on my "bucket list"
I'll match you.
I think Zions National Park is only 40 miles away and I've never been there. Now if only the Lake District was that close.

Last edited by cheers; Jan 19th 2011 at 11:24 pm.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 12:25 am
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

I'll match you.
I think Zions National Park is only 40 miles away and I've never been there. Now if only the Lake District was that close.
If you would like to see some pictures of Zion N.P. take a look in my gallery. There are several shots there.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 1:11 am
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by islandwoman120
I like Greggs here in Frome - Don, I forgot to tell you they were here, and because of you writing about them, I have gone there many times - usually for the pasties and cheese + onion items. Nice - really nice, fresh, hot - and friendly people.
Hope you have a Morrisons, not too far away. Their ''Rhum Babas'', are totally to die for, when they have them - but they don't have them every day. Love (31 days to go) don
Old Jan 20th 2011, 1:29 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dontheturner
Hope you have a Morrisons, not too far away. Their ''Rhum Babas'', are totally to die for, when they have them - but they don't have them every day. Love (31 days to go) don
Don,
I had access to my grandsons atlas-globe yesterday and it shows Thailand is next to Cambodia, Burma and Vietnam and is a long way from Shrewsbury. I think it is all called Indonesia. Just though you would like to know.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 2:25 am
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

Derrygal, Vegas is worth a visit - no place like it on earth. i have only been about 4 times in my 26 years in US. to me there are the glitzy like MGM etc and then the other Vegas which is downtown and I love staying there.. Well worth the visit but for some might be after one visit it might be enough.I dont gamble except when go to Vegas and love it..Hoover Dam worth a gander..Of course our own Rodney is resident Vegas expert.. give it a shot..
Old Jan 20th 2011, 2:34 am
Just Joined

Miss Marple is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone,
I came across the BritExpat site just a few days ago and am so happy to have found it. You all seem like such a nice bunch of people and I am amazed that I have connected so much with most everything that has been said about the longing to go home. I have been away for over 30 years and have been more or less home sick all that time, but it has got much worse in the last few years. I have not read all the posts on here yet, just want to say to
LILV...congratulations on being cancer free and leaving soon,
Island Woman...I am following your story with delight,
Dontherunner...hope all goes well with your plans for next month

Now I have to get back to reading the rest of the threads.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 2:37 am
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
North. Colwyn Bay
Then you need to join the ''Three Towns Forum'' - and I will see you on there. ( Same name) dontheturner
Old Jan 20th 2011, 2:39 am
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

Miss Marple... So nice to have you with us. I think you are like most of us feeling homesick must be that time in our lives. Are you thinking o going home. Your might like to look up Part 1 of this thread that will give you an idea as to how we all got together on here. We have great input from those who have already made it home and they give us plenty of tips and ideas. Enjoy yourself.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 2:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Don,
I had access to my grandsons atlas-globe yesterday and it shows Thailand is next to Cambodia, Burma and Vietnam and is a long way from Shrewsbury. I think it is all called Indonesia. Just though you would like to know.
No! Keep you voice down - it is not Indonesia. - just part of Asia. It is the Royal Kingdom oF Thailand- they say -has never been invaded. - but has many things English about it.- presumably because the heads were educated at Oxford. I think the King ( 86) was born in America, but I may be corrected. - Drive on the Left, and the Post Boxes look English! Have same pedestrian Crossings, but traffic NEVER stops. - But just posted an 8kg box home - cost £50...(by Sea - will arrive in March)

Never see old ''bangers'' most vehicles look new! dontheturner
Old Jan 20th 2011, 4:51 am
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute

As much as I want to go home, it is breaking my heart saying goodbye to the friends I have..I didnt know it was going to be this hard to say goodbye...such is the life of the expat.....all my life i have said goodbye to people I love...it never gets easier....
Jackie
Old Jan 20th 2011, 5:02 am
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fulwood
Derrygal, Vegas is worth a visit - no place like it on earth. i have only been about 4 times in my 26 years in US. to me there are the glitzy like MGM etc and then the other Vegas which is downtown and I love staying there.. Well worth the visit but for some might be after one visit it might be enough.I dont gamble except when go to Vegas and love it..Hoover Dam worth a gander..Of course our own Rodney is resident Vegas expert.. give it a shot..
I have lived in Vegas for 28 years..I can definitely say its worth a visit....
Old Jan 20th 2011, 5:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Miss Marple
Hello everyone,
I came across the BritExpat site just a few days ago and am so happy to have found it. You all seem like such a nice bunch of people and I am amazed that I have connected so much with most everything that has been said about the longing to go home. I have been away for over 30 years and have been more or less home sick all that time, but it has got much worse in the last few years. I have not read all the posts on here yet, just want to say to
LILV...congratulations on being cancer free and leaving soon,
Island Woman...I am following your story with delight,
Dontherunner...hope all goes well with your plans for next month

Now I have to get back to reading the rest of the threads.
thank you Miss, and welcome..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.