Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Old Nov 5th 2010, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Originally Posted by charleygirl
Hi everyone, only fish commented on my posts the last time, so maybe you have all forgotten me but I want to let you know, everything is going well, about the driving.........maybe it is because I am older but OMG, everyone drives so fast and the roads are so small hahaha, but I drove the day i got home, but then I did drive in March....only gone on the wrong side once and my dear brother reminded me, thank god he was with me or who knows how far I would have driven.
My times has flown by, Rod you must be very excited.
Not looking forward to winter in NH, the weather has been very mild here, well as far as I am concerned it is, few people have moaned about how cold and I am still out in just a sweater!
Hightide, 2 days till your trip, have a lovely time,
Trotty, did you get my email, been thinking of you and is there anything small you want me to bring you back, looking like I may have excess baggage, got some great clothes and shoes in the Charity shop!!!!!!!!! I reckon a rich lady my size dumped a load of,
I still think people can eat here quite cheaply if you buy basic range which I do for my mum and I, love the bread and choices of everything seems far more than US. Lots of good deals in the grocery stores, and lots of Buy one get one free too.
Love the fashion here.
Going to be a sad day when I go back to US. Trotty need to see you asap!!!!!!
Good luck to everyone with their dreams and plans.
Charleygirl in Leicester!
Charleygirl,
We havent forgot you, I know I have been folowing your travels and time in UK as I remember your holiday is for 6 weeks, and you have I think a little over a week to go,
All your posts have been very interesting and informitive, and thats what we need here, were all in the same boat, some of us are going back to check things out and maybe one day go home for good, and some of us are leaving shortly like me who intends on going home for good, and of course all the others who have been over there for a while too like Ed and DDl/Denise and others, and of course all the others who have there dream for later,
Take care and thank you, and when you come back I hope you have a safe and comfortable flight,
Rodney.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

RichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by trottytrue
This is the new thread for all us oldies moving back. Those who have moved back and those who do in the near future can leave information that might help the rest of us on our new venture.

I am 66 and was supposed to moved back 10years ago but got derailed by one thing and another. Sometimes I think I have left it to late but I will do it.

I have worked in nursing home where many pensioners end up either because they can no longer cope on their own and relatives live to far away to be of help. What I mean by can no longer cope is they could no longer drive some became housebound and fell into depression. Once in a nursing home its almost impossible for them to get out without the help of a relative. I never want to end up like that.

Leaving it too long. I had a friend who wanted to move back home but kept putting it off. When she got into her 70's she felt that the upheavel would just be too much for her. She had no family close and those who she thought would welcome her into their homes did no such thing. Shen ended up in a nurising home and went down hill really quickly.
Bloomin eck, Whats the matter with you ??????, I am a 71 year old man, I live here in France, I love it here, expect to be around for another 20/30 years.

Why on earth do I want to think about my dotage, Life is too short to worry about such things, Yes i am married, have been for 43 years, if my wife starts to fail, I will look after her, no problem, if i start to fail I am sure she'll do the same for me, if either of us find we can't cope we'll move into a nursing home, end of story.

Whats the point of going back from whence you came ????, your family, if any have a life of their own, are they going to want to be lumbered with an aging parent that has decided to return in order to be cared for, I think not, so they'll put you in a nursing home, and believe me, they are 10 times worse than the ones over here.

And as far the inability to get around, well thats just tosh, here's what you do ---------- When you think you are reaching the stage of immobility, sell your property, move into town and rent, you'll have enough money in the bank from the sale of your property to take a ruddy taxi wherever you want go, enough money in the bank to have a "plat du Jour" every day at the local restauraunt, you will have enough money to pay for someone to shop ,or whatever for you. Don't worry about spending the kids inheritance, they can have whats left, you'll be dead and not bothered.

So, in essence, stop worrying about what MIGHT happen (( you could run over tomorrow)) live just for today ---- smell the bloody roses ---- tomorrow is a long way away ------- mind you ---- if you don't like living here as much as we do ---go back and lumber the kids and grandkids---make them work for their inheritance.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 10:12 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jasper123
Hi Sally,
The last thing I want to do is offend you or anyone else on this thread --- and thank you for going through the trouble of finding this on utube, I watched the entire part one and part two of this as you say it is a new British comedy show, I listened and watched and I am afraid even me being a senior citizen British man living in America --- I found the whole thing boring and I couldent hear a single line that was in the least bit funny, ----- Im sorry, but everyone on here that has read my posts must know by now that I am a straight shooter and I speak my mind,
I have never heared of these two actors bydon and ? and the whole thing for me was a compleat waste of time, I love dry humar from UK but the ultimate word is humar, and just my opinion of course only, for me it was not at all funny, but the impersanations of Al pachino and Michael Cain were very good I thought, and the Northern Countryside pics were very beautiful,
I dont know maybe its just me, I also dont like American comedy shows today, all the sit-coms here are to my mind also a waste of time, nothing funny at all about them,
But up until now I had no Idea that through the generations that I have missed, --- the British comedy shows have got bad too,
Please someone take me back in time to the 60's & 70's and 80's in the UK when comedy was actually very funny,
Hancock half hour, Steptoe & Son, Tommy cooper, Norman Wisdom, Benny Hill, and the master of stand up comedy himself Ken Dod, you cant get better then that, ---- and of course all the other stand ups and comedy trios like acts like Morcome and wise and --- oh I just cant remember but there were so many, but they were all so good, and how about all the British variety shows like the Billy Cotton band show, Man what a show that was, he was a little crued but the show was great, and kids could watch everything in those days, no adult rating stuff like now before TV came to the UK we listened to the radio only and there was a great weekly SI-FI drama called (Journey into space) my goodness this was so good, I could not miss a single program, it went on for years while I was a kid,
And what about all the American sit coms these days, nothing even remotley close to funny, even two and a half men and thats starring a major star Martin Sheens Son,
Please somone take me back in time to the real quality funny days in the USA, in the 70's & 80's on TV, like the American version of steptoe & Son, Sanford & Son starring Red Fox, the Jeffersons, All in the family, Lavern & Shirley, Married with children, Threes company, and the tonight show with Johny Carson, there were so many and all were so good, and all the variety shows like the perry como show and the Andy William show, but I think they were more in the 60's, and the Liberache Show on TV, wow what a true showman he was,
The point I am making is simply this, that these days people in genaral wherever they live have excepted a much lower form of comedy and entertainment in Genaral on TV, the trouble is you see is that most TV these days at least in the US is geared to the younger genaration, they do not know of the days when entertainment on TV had to be really good otherwise it flopped within weeks, the standard was so much higher, it had to be to survive, the writers for sit coms in those days were of the highest caliber, you see these days there not, and to find a good one is like finding a needle in a hay stack, Unfortunatly these days the young people think even a very poor sit com is funny --- mostly cause this is all they know or have seen, the fake laughter machines control there mind on TV, --- So Sad,
Oh I do go on dont I --- sorry but please remember this is (ONLY MY OPINION)
Take care everyone and goodnight to all,
Rodney.
Darn it --- my spell check is not working again,

Rodney you are in for a very big shock if you think the UK is all The Billy Cotton Band Show and Norman Wisdom and Ken Dodd!! I too don't like a lot of these alternative comedy shows but if you search around you may find little gems like Peter Kay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Exp81iotSI&feature=fvw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfrNI...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CA0q_...eature=related
Old Nov 5th 2010, 10:21 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RichardP
Bloomin eck, Whats the matter with you ??????, I am a 71 year old man, I live here in France, I love it here, expect to be around for another 20/30 years.

Why on earth do I want to think about my dotage, Life is too short to worry about such things, Yes i am married, have been for 43 years, if my wife starts to fail, I will look after her, no problem, if i start to fail I am sure she'll do the same for me, if either of us find we can't cope we'll move into a nursing home, end of story.

Whats the point of going back from whence you came ????, your family, if any have a life of their own, are they going to want to be lumbered with an aging parent that has decided to return in order to be cared for, I think not, so they'll put you in a nursing home, and believe me, they are 10 times worse than the ones over here.

And as far the inability to get around, well thats just tosh, here's what you do ---------- When you think you are reaching the stage of immobility, sell your property, move into town and rent, you'll have enough money in the bank from the sale of your property to take a ruddy taxi wherever you want go, enough money in the bank to have a "plat du Jour" every day at the local restauraunt, you will have enough money to pay for someone to shop ,or whatever for you. Don't worry about spending the kids inheritance, they can have whats left, you'll be dead and not bothered.

So, in essence, stop worrying about what MIGHT happen (( you could run over tomorrow)) live just for today ---- smell the bloody roses ---- tomorrow is a long way away ------- mind you ---- if you don't like living here as much as we do ---go back and lumber the kids and grandkids---make them work for their inheritance.
Not everybody has a "property" to sell, not everybody has "enough money in the bank"

Not everybody has any "inheritance" to leave their kids....or the money to "take a ruddy taxi into town to a lovely restaurant for the plat du jour"

Please do not come on here with this attitude in this peaceful space........please be mindful that not all people are quite as comfortable as yourself and your wife....
Old Nov 5th 2010, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

RichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Not everybody has a "property" to sell, not everybody has "enough money in the bank"

Not everybody has any "inheritance" to leave their kids....or the money to "take a ruddy taxi into town to a lovely restaurant for the plat du jour"

Please do not come on here with this attitude in this peaceful space........please be mindful that not all people are quite as comfortable as yourself and your wife....
Excuse me, but surely, if people leave the UK to come and live here, especially if they are close to retirement etc, then they would have had, either, a property to sell, or savings.

My inheritance to my children is the house we own here, plus a small, very small, amount in the bank.

My attitude is one of reality,I don't look at life through rose coloured spectacles, but there again I don't waste my time thinking as to what "might be", at 71 years of age life is very sweet and I intend to 'smell the roses of life".

One thing I am sure of though , would be the willingness of my siblings to want to look after an aging parent, and more to the point, I wouldn't want them to, they have their own lives to lead.

Which leads back to the point in question ???, why move back to the U.K. just so's you can go in an English nursing home, as opposed to staying here ????

My very elderly father in law is in a "home", he has Alzheimers, so he is not really botherd as he knows not of this world anymore. Two of his placements were, to say the least, disgusting, the staff were very pleasant, but the enviroment was terrible, perhaps these were the exception to the rule???.

My elderly Mother in law lives in a warden assisted apartment, and that is fantastic, she is immobile, needs a zimmer to get around, she is cared for very well and has ample help from her children.

You see, I have experienced both sides of the coin, so I do know what i am talking about, but for someone to leave France, or wherever and expect to walk into a warden assisted home, is, i would suggest, dreaming the dream, so why not stay where you are, you will be just as depressed here --or there.

Finally, and with no direspect to you intended, I would suggest it ALWAYS best to exchange views in a FORUM-- instead of expecting everyone to be twee and sweet------------ just a thought.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 12:23 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Beedubya, Peter Kay is my all-time favorite. I just adore him!

Fish, I hope you can get it working so you can see the end. I think there's some lovely scenery in the last few minutes.

My favorite part was when Coogan said he wanted to bring his girlfriend up and show her where he was from, waving his hand out at the beautiful scenery. Brydon said 'you're not from round here, you're from Manchester ... I suppose you could show her the gun crime sites.'

Charleygirl, I'm sorry if I didn't comment on your last update but trust me it would only have been because I didn't have time or couldn't think of anything to say. I wait eagerly to hear of your experiences and I'd be happy if you wrote pages about what you're up to. You mentioned food prices - we found eating out to be very reasonable. We took friends and family out a few times and were always pleasantly surprised when the check came.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 12:34 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Richard P, I don't know if you noticed but this is a thread for people who want to move back to the UK. If you're happy where you are, why butt in and start lecturing people who are not? Surely you don't have time for that when your life is so wonderful.

you will be just as depressed here --or there.

Finally, and with no direspect to you intended, I would suggest it ALWAYS best to exchange views in a FORUM-- instead of expecting everyone to be twee and sweet------------ just a thought.
It's also a good idea to treat other people with respect when you go into their home, rather than barging in, taking your shoes off and immediately telling them what's wrong with their decor. A little politeness goes a long way when talking to strangers about sensitive subjects.

Also the lady you were addressing lives in the US not France, so I'm not sure you're qualified to know anything about what it's like to grow old where she lives. Trust me, it's not pretty.

Last edited by sallysimmons; Nov 5th 2010 at 12:42 pm.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 2:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute

Charleygirl, I did notice your last post and meant to reply...you said how your teenagers back in US had lost a friend and how you felt bad you couldn't be there to help them deal with their first death/viewing/funeral, and I do understand that--however independent they are, this is always a horrid thing to cope with.

Great to hear that otherwise you are having a lovely time....along with others, I wonder if the visit has helped you feel firmer in what you want to do next, and if it is to go back to live in UK, I hope this can be achieved with the minimum amount of pain...

...I think you gave us the impression (please correct me if I'm wrong or misunderstood or have the wrong person) that your marriage was under stress due to this issue, so my heart certainly goes out to you....

RichardP, in that brusque way, which I too hope you'll tone down, you have made some interesting points....when you say "just smell the roses" and appreciate the life you have, you are hitting a nerve.

This is the struggle we all have....feelings of deep-seated homesickness, combined (at least speaking for myself, and I think Beedubya has said something similar)) with a sense of guilt over it.

We know so many people are so much worse off, and we know many people are longing to come to the countries we live in (USA and Australia, mostly).
And yet we still can't shake the longing for our native land. And it gets worse with age.

So, as I've said before, I myself have come to accept that this homesickness is just part of who I am, and I just can't eradicate it, however hard I try.
So I'm not going to feel guilty about it---though I will still try to appreciate my good fortune in so many aspects.

I am going to be living in France for a couple of years, so perhaps then I will feel more like Richard does!

I think France has much of what we in USA and Australia miss about England--the sense of history, the old villages, churches, cathedrals etc...
so perhaps living there one's nostalgia would be less acute.

Plus France is so much nearer England--for us in USA and Australia, I think a huge part of the problem is the distance, the effort and expense of going back and forth to K from those places is great (esp from Oz).

Tina
Old Nov 5th 2010, 3:09 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

You do realize in this economy many people have lost their homes or are upside down on their mortgage, or have huge mounting debts for health care costs or lost out from divorce right?
Not everyone owns their home outright already, and will have anything to give the kids for an inheritance even if they wanted too?
You are in a very lucky situation if all these things are true for you.
Many planned for years to live how you have described only to have the rug pulled out from under them.
Our own plans went belly up with the economy. Our home of almost 18 years is now worth only marginally more than what we payed for it 18 years ago, so for us a retirement bungalow paid in cash may never happen unless things fall into place, it makes things a little more dodgy, and a lot less secure.
As for going back from whence you came, well it's home and in retirement many of us know we will not be financially secure ever where we are, bankruptcies from illness even when retired and on medicare happen more often than anyone cares to mention. Some of us actually like and get along with family enough to want to live near them and for us, an aging parent (who is the same age as you) who is now left without a partner will be needing us to help with daily activities at some point in the future.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jasper123
Hi Sally,
The last thing I want to do is offend you or anyone else on this thread --- and thank you for going through the trouble of finding this on utube, I watched the entire part one and part two of this as you say it is a new British comedy show, I listened and watched and I am afraid even me being a senior citizen British man living in America --- I found the whole thing boring and I couldent hear a single line that was in the least bit funny, ----- Im sorry, but everyone on here that has read my posts must know by now that I am a straight shooter and I speak my mind,
I have never heared of these two actors bydon and ? and the whole thing for me was a compleat waste of time, I love dry humar from UK but the ultimate word is humar, and just my opinion of course only, for me it was not at all funny, but the impersanations of Al pachino and Michael Cain were very good I thought, and the Northern Countryside pics were very beautiful,
I dont know maybe its just me, I also dont like American comedy shows today, all the sit-coms here are to my mind also a waste of time, nothing funny at all about them,
But up until now I had no Idea that through the generations that I have missed, --- the British comedy shows have got bad too,
Please someone take me back in time to the 60's & 70's and 80's in the UK when comedy was actually very funny,
Hancock half hour, Steptoe & Son, Tommy cooper, Norman Wisdom, Benny Hill, and the master of stand up comedy himself Ken Dod, you cant get better then that, ---- and of course all the other stand ups and comedy trios like acts like Morcome and wise and --- oh I just cant remember but there were so many, but they were all so good, and how about all the British variety shows like the Billy Cotton band show, Man what a show that was, he was a little crued but the show was great, and kids could watch everything in those days, no adult rating stuff like now before TV came to the UK we listened to the radio only and there was a great weekly SI-FI drama called (Journey into space) my goodness this was so good, I could not miss a single program, it went on for years while I was a kid,
And what about all the American sit coms these days, nothing even remotley close to funny, even two and a half men and thats starring a major star Martin Sheens Son,
Please somone take me back in time to the real quality funny days in the USA, in the 70's & 80's on TV, like the American version of steptoe & Son, Sanford & Son starring Red Fox, the Jeffersons, All in the family, Lavern & Shirley, Married with children, Threes company, and the tonight show with Johny Carson, there were so many and all were so good, and all the variety shows like the perry como show and the Andy William show, but I think they were more in the 60's, and the Liberache Show on TV, wow what a true showman he was,
The point I am making is simply this, that these days people in genaral wherever they live have excepted a much lower form of comedy and entertainment in Genaral on TV, the trouble is you see is that most TV these days at least in the US is geared to the younger genaration, they do not know of the days when entertainment on TV had to be really good otherwise it flopped within weeks, the standard was so much higher, it had to be to survive, the writers for sit coms in those days were of the highest caliber, you see these days there not, and to find a good one is like finding a needle in a hay stack, Unfortunatly these days the young people think even a very poor sit com is funny --- mostly cause this is all they know or have seen, the fake laughter machines control there mind on TV, --- So Sad,
Oh I do go on dont I --- sorry but please remember this is (ONLY MY OPINION)
Take care everyone and goodnight to all,
Rodney.
Darn it --- my spell check is not working again,
Rod...

Youve got to know Coogan and Brydon to get it, they are very dry, I honestly think it will take you some time to get back into the swing of things as far as humour is concerned, I know after living here that my tastes changed, some American comedy that I put on for my Brit in laws that I thought was funny they thought was rubbish, not a laugh... and yes we all Love Steptoe and other oldies you mentioned.

As Sally mentioned, some may like it just for the English countryside...
Old Nov 5th 2010, 4:51 pm
Finally Home!

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56
Rod...

Youve got to know Coogan and Brydon to get it, they are very dry, I honestly think it will take you some time to get back into the swing of things as far as humour is concerned, I know after living here that my tastes changed, some American comedy that I put on for my Brit in laws that I thought was funny they thought was rubbish, not a laugh
So true!

We once played a Peter Kay video when we had friends staying from England, but an American friend was also there that evening and he never cracked a smile. Meanwhile, we were all literally crying we were laughing so hard. We were shouting "GARLIC BREAD? GARLIC ... WITH BREAD???" and then collapsing into giggles but if you weren't brought up in England, I'm sure it all sounded like complete rubbish.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 5:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Rodney,

I agree the quality of comedy is down the toilet. Even when I flip the remote I get disgusted when I see all the crime related shows. Crime is entertainment?

So we have the latest technology for TV, HD and now 3 D but whats the point if the programs are no good. It can be compared to having a swimming pool but no water.

I went to a TV show in Las Vegas recently. It was Regis and Kathy Lee?. You find the producer works the audience for applause. They even have plants in the audience to manipulate the people. How phony is that? Someone holds up a sign "applause" and like robots they applause. What is becoming of people?

As others on here have mentioned we are having a lot of very good imported British shows even though they are crime related. MI 5, Morse, Midsummer Murders and the present day Sherlock Holmes.
I hate "Top Gear" it is so stupid in my opinion. It is pathetic.

Last edited by cheers; Nov 5th 2010 at 5:19 pm.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 5:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Richard,

What part of France do you live in? I only know Normandy and Paris!
Old Nov 5th 2010, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

HighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
So true!

We once played a Peter Kay video when we had friends staying from England, but an American friend was also there that evening and he never cracked a smile. Meanwhile, we were all literally crying we were laughing so hard. We were shouting "GARLIC BREAD? GARLIC ... WITH BREAD???" and then collapsing into giggles but if you weren't brought up in England, I'm sure it all sounded like complete rubbish.
Having a bit of digestive biscuit addiction I can relate to the following Peter Kay video. My morning cannot start without my tea and bicky. Now my spell check is telling me "bicky" is not a word. I'm sorry it has been in my vocabulary since I was very young.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJr9ekTf0xc
Old Nov 5th 2010, 6:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

charleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond repute

very funny Richard, ruddy taxi to town, hey if only Trotty.......... haha, no buses no taxis no trains no nothing where we live!

Friends, thanks for comments was feeling a little forgotten hahaha, I need you lot when I get back.
I most definitely would love to live back here, my situation makes it very hard, but I love everything. And really will be working towards it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.