Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

I think today I've gone 'troppo' - help!

I think today I've gone 'troppo' - help!

Old Jun 1st 2013, 3:41 pm
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I think today I've gone 'troppo' - help!

Originally Posted by Snap Shot
Hey, this is post 1,000 ! Woop woop Miss B x
Lol! Who'd have thought eh?!!! Everyone has been awesome on this thread so I hope it helps someone else one day who needs a bit of support and cheering up!!!
Old Jun 1st 2013, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

morayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond repute

well glad you sound happy. You'll probably hear a lot of negative comments, heads up!! When I went back last year quite a few people would say stuff like "why did you come back to this shithole" and "aw you're going to miss the weather", I had quite a few negative comments. People that had been on holiday to the U.S , never actually lived there!! I loved being able to walk places and whofan has posted such lovely pictures of her walks. I am envious but of course happy for her. Best of Luck to you.
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 4:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
Have you spoken to your children about this? They are both professionals with good incomes. Could they not help you transition to NI?
I am sick of my life...took 12 UK silver items to a consignment store today. Appraiser is from Cheltenham. Humiliating for me wow...one from 1780.... Still only worth $500. They get 50%. I just want to disappear.
Yes my children would always help me....but that's not their job...
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 5:15 am
Banned

sile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nice

Originally Posted by Celticspirit
I am sick of my life...took 12 UK silver items to a consignment store today. Appraiser is from Cheltenham. Humiliating for me wow...one from 1780.... Still only worth $500. They get 50%. I just want to disappear.
Don't you think they would be happy to help you out rather than to watch you suffering? They SHOULD help you really, especially if they are doing well. Do they know what's going on?
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

It may not be their job but I am sure they love you and would not want you to suffer. Give them the chance to help you. xx
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 1:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Celticspirit . . . in all honesty I think they would love to help their mother. They want to see you happy and living the life you want to live. There's no better gift you can give your children than living that life.

Sometimes being stuck in a rut, no matter how bad it is, feels comfortable. It then feels UNcomfortable to make the necessary moves to get out of it but . . . once you do . . . you will be EVER so glad you did.

Also, don't be too proud to ask them. They would help you in a heartbeat, so let them

Not all the changes I am making in my life feel totally comfortable but I know that the end result is definitely worth it.
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 2:19 pm
Banned

sile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nice

Originally Posted by windsong
Celticspirit . . . in all honesty I think they would love to help their mother. They want to see you happy and living the life you want to live. There's no better gift you can give your children than living that life.

Sometimes being stuck in a rut, no matter how bad it is, feels comfortable. It then feels UNcomfortable to make the necessary moves to get out of it but . . . once you do . . . you will be EVER so glad you did.

Also, don't be too proud to ask them. They would help you in a heartbeat, so let them

Not all the changes I am making in my life feel totally comfortable but I know that the end result is definitely worth it.
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 2:28 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it is.

You took care of them and now it's their turn.

If I found out that my mum was in need and hadn't told me, I would be angry and hurt. I owe her so much - my whole life! - and I will never be able to pay her back. Your children deserve the opportunity to help you and it's not fair to deny them that chance.
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 6:29 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Yes it is.

You took care of them and now it's their turn.

If I found out that my mum was in need and hadn't told me, I would be angry and hurt. I owe her so much - my whole life! - and I will never be able to pay her back. Your children deserve the opportunity to help you and it's not fair to deny them that chance.
+1
Old Sep 5th 2013, 10:53 pm
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not intending to resurrect this old thread but after the fab day I've just had - walked along the sunny seafront into town, lunch outdoors, a wander round the (awesome!) shops and a lovely visit to the library to stock up on books - I just couldn't resist a wee read through - right back from the beginning!

Jeez I really was in such a bad place wasn't I? I'm quite shocked after reading it and realising just how depressed, miserable and lonely I was back then, 3 months down the line and it almost feels like it was written by someone else not me!

I know I've said it before but you are all amazing - truly you are. I'm so grateful to every single person who posted on here with advice, kind words and heaps of encouragement.

I'm happy if the mods want to close this thread now but I just wanted to end it properly myself and say THANK YOU xx
Old Sep 6th 2013, 2:11 am
BE Enthusiast

morayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond repute

I am so HAPPY to know you are safe and in a place you love and are HAPPY. I love that you have settled and are enjoying your life in the U.K..
Old Sep 6th 2013, 5:51 am
Practical Paramedic

I am happy, really happy for the first time in years! So much has happened since I've been back and honestly most of it good!

Looking forward to some fab holidays but I swear I'm never moving again, I love my country, it's not perfect by any means but I love it here. Finally, I am HOME!
Old Sep 6th 2013, 7:36 am

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MissBetty
I am happy, really happy for the first time in years! So much has happened since I've been back and honestly most of it good!

Looking forward to some fab holidays but I swear I'm never moving again, I love my country, it's not perfect by any means but I love it here. Finally, I am HOME!
Old Sep 6th 2013, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MissBetty

You've helped us all as much as we have you, even during that rough time. It can feel pretty lonely out there being homesick, and it was good to know that that there were others feeling the same way. You were the one brave enough to share how downright gritty it can become. Now that you are home we appreciate hearing from you just as much, and revel in your happiness. Enjoy life to the fullest, Miss Betty - you deserve it!
Old Sep 6th 2013, 5:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

Wonderful that it worked all out for you! Now don't forget to keep these notes for your book

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.