I Think I've Made A Big Mistake

Old Jun 16th 2007, 11:58 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I Think I've Made A Big Mistake

Originally Posted by dunroving
Maybe I'm missing something, but these people are your work colleagues. What does your personal situation have to do with them?

Just focus on continuing to do a good job at work, and any time discussion of your personal life comes up, deflect it. Think of work as a place you work.

I'm guessing that maybe the work/personal life barrier is fuzzier in Oz than elsewhere. Bottom line is though that most countries have rules governing the workplace, that usually include the idea that your personal life is separate from from work issues.

Sorry, i missed this post earlier. A couple of weeks ago i got a bit upset (had a bit of a cry) at work because my pregnant daughter in UK was quite sick, so i explained the situation. A colleague the other day then asked how she was so i told him and added that its very hard to be so far from your kids at times. He replied " so why dont you go back to be with them". So i stupidly just blurted out "I am!" Big mistake