Custard

Old Jun 17th 2007, 4:28 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Custard

OK,ok, i'm a saddo, but due to the wet and windy weekend i have decided to make large batches of food for the coming week.
Being the kind of girl who cant boil an egg, this is quite an undertaking for me

As we all know you cannot buy a decent thick creamy custard here, so i was thinking of trying to make up a batch of it, but i am not sure whether or not you can freeze it? I doubt it to be honest, but was hoping theres a culinary expert out there who will make my day! I want it to go with a huge apple and rhubarb crumble that is in the oven right now.
Old Jun 17th 2007, 5:41 am
Wanderer

Location: Australia, Scotland, NZ, China, Spain, Scotland again wha hae!
saoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Custard

Ha! and there I was in the Uk complaining every day that I couldn't get "decent custard" ...humans are so weird!

Britain did teach me to appreciate rhubarb though. Never, ever liked it in Oz, but loved it when I got to Scotland.

My mum used to make custard and it never even kept in the fridge, let alone the freezer, so you might have to eat it ALL!!!
Old Jun 17th 2007, 6:22 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saoghalbeag
Ha! and there I was in the Uk complaining every day that I couldn't get "decent custard" ...humans are so weird!

Britain did teach me to appreciate rhubarb though. Never, ever liked it in Oz, but loved it when I got to Scotland.

My mum used to make custard and it never even kept in the fridge, let alone the freezer, so you might have to eat it ALL!!!

Well, we can cancel everything, my fat bloater husband just came home form work and has finished half of the entire crumble pie ALL to himself!!!
Old Jun 17th 2007, 8:00 am
Wanderer

saoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to behold

bet this was him:

and you:
Old Jun 17th 2007, 8:04 am
Wanderer

hmm, my msg sent b4 i was finished!!

my daughter an i were inspired by your baking and made biscuits (jam drops). the measurements in the book never make any sense to me (why can't they just say "1 cup" or "a little bit less than a cup") so the mixture wasn't quite right. Daughter liked it tho, and has a large amount smeared round her cheeks and down the front of her dressing gown (it's cold in Alice!)

We got a cup of tea and a biscuit and are rugged up watching The Snowman...and it's raining and overcast outside. We are feeling very British in our house just now...oh, and we also have shocking head colds, so that adds to my general feeling of being back in Scotland, lol!
Old Jun 18th 2007, 3:38 am
BE Enthusiast

PLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Well, we can cancel everything, my fat bloater husband just came home form work and has finished half of the entire crumble pie ALL to himself!!!
I was just going to reply and say that in our house custard doesn't keep for very long so I have no idea if you can freeze it but its easy enough to make in small batches anyway if someone wants some. One son just loves it cold!

Cor crumble and custard! yum!

Di