I Think I've Made A Big Mistake

Old Jun 16th 2007, 7:11 am
BE Enthusiast

megansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I Think I've Made A Big Mistake

Originally Posted by woodyinoz
get used to it..

When you get back to England all you will here is "what did you come back to this dump for"

People have said that to me. They have this pre-conception that Oz is some kind of paradise!! I admit that when you watch home & away & neighbours it certainly looks fab but when your living it, it does become boring & it certainly isnt paradise!!

Reading the comments made to fleaflyfloflum do not surprise me at all. People in oz are a strange breed on times. They have never been anyway apart from theree & have never experienced other cultures. they are so set in their ways hence why i think they are so laid back

I wouldnt worry that you have told them hun, Bugger them! You wont be there much longer anyway. Just imagine the UK & all its got & that will take your mind off things. Thats what i did from the time i was left in Oz waiting to come home!!
Old Jun 16th 2007, 8:20 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by megansmummy
People have said that to me. They have this pre-conception that Oz is some kind of paradise!!
A bit like us before we went - its the big Oz marketing machine in action and we believed it all
Old Jun 16th 2007, 10:24 am
ian

mabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jad n rich
I did a beauty this week, waiting for the car to be serviced other owners waffling on about camping, you know the same old spots where there is nothing really, certainly not anything special, just another bit of beach/scrub and a veeeery long drive to get to it.

I am just sitting there casually flicking though a magazine and after a speel of how you can spend a month at ayres rock, the dead beach town of 1770 is raised, half concentrating by now I chirp up " yeah we went there, long drive, bit disappointed really nowt there". OMG Woman goes nuts totally crazed that someone would dare say such a thing But its true, how many dead beach spots can a person do before going stark raving bonkers.
I remember speaking to you a while back Jade, I don't know if you remember me the one with the nephew who had a heart condition?

Where did you eventually settle are you enjoying it? Will you come back to the uk then?

We haven't even sold the house yet the thought of that scares me.

Is Oz really that boring when you move there?

Cheers for your reply

Carol
Old Jun 16th 2007, 12:23 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe I'm missing something, but these people are your work colleagues. What does your personal situation have to do with them?

Just focus on continuing to do a good job at work, and any time discussion of your personal life comes up, deflect it. Think of work as a place you work.

I'm guessing that maybe the work/personal life barrier is fuzzier in Oz than elsewhere. Bottom line is though that most countries have rules governing the workplace, that usually include the idea that your personal life is separate from from work issues.
Old Jun 16th 2007, 3:30 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
One said i was crazy as Australia is the best country on earth :curse: This from a bloke who has only ever left Aus once for a 4 week holiday in USA.

Another tried to make me feel guilty for getting Aus citizenship and now buggering off.
You said on a previous thread that you weren't an Australian citizen:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=440998
Old Jun 16th 2007, 8:14 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
You said on a previous thread that you weren't an Australian citizen:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=440998
That was my husband posting. I am a citizen he isnt. We share being a flea
But he hasnt been on for a couple of weeks. Maybe he should get his own name if it causes you a problem.
Old Jun 16th 2007, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

I thought he was kiwi, so wouldn't need to get his citzenship anyway?

That was my husband posting. I am a citizen he isnt. We share being a flea
But he hasnt been on for a couple of weeks. Maybe he should get his own name if it causes you a problem.
Old Jun 16th 2007, 8:27 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mercedes
Thats correct Mercedes, whereas i am British as he also stated on another post in that thread, so i got my citizenship which enables me access to both NZ and Aus now.
Old Jun 16th 2007, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Well the world is your oyster you have Europe and Aus and NZ. Don't forget to tell that to you colleagues, you aren't just restricted to UK and you are looking forward to exploring Europe and how cheap the costs are blah blah blah. You can turn the table on their negativity you know and make them reeeeallly jealous

Thats correct Mercedes, whereas i am British as he also stated on another post in that thread, so i got my citizenship which enables me access to both NZ and Aus now.
Old Jun 16th 2007, 8:52 pm
I don't give a damn

Well the world is your oyster you have Europe and Aus and NZ. Don't forget to tell that to you colleagues, you aren't just restricted to UK and you are looking forward to exploring Europe and how cheap the costs are blah blah blah. You can turn the table on their negativity you know and make them reeeeallly jealous
That's a very good point. I shall make sure i let them know the next time i get a dig.

I am a fully paid up member of the global village. They are not
Old Jun 16th 2007, 9:05 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

New Zealanders don't have full citizenship rights in Australia, unless they become Australian citizens.
Old Jun 16th 2007, 9:20 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by LouiseD
A bit like us before we went - its the big Oz marketing machine in action and we believed it all
It isn't only Aus. South Africans used to suffer from the same media brainwashing years ago. If you told them that S.A. was fine but there were other beautiful countries in the world, they'd take it as an insult. Many still do. The ones who have never set foot anywhere else that is!
Old Jun 16th 2007, 9:25 pm
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
It isn't only Aus. South Africans used to suffer from the same media brainwashing years ago. If you told them that S.A. was fine but there were other beautiful countries in the world, they'd take it as an insult. Many still do. The ones who have never set foot anywhere else that is!
OMG I'm working with a girl who is from SA and all she ever talks about all day, every day is how wonderful SA families are, what amazing cooks they are, how clever they all are, how brilliant they are at absolutely everything. Every conversation reverts back to South Africa. It's so irritating. Don't these people realise how up themselves they really are
Old Jun 16th 2007, 9:37 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by LouiseD
OMG I'm working with a girl who is from SA and all she ever talks about all day, every day is how wonderful SA families are, what amazing cooks they are, how clever they all are, how brilliant they are at absolutely everything. Every conversation reverts back to South Africa. It's so irritating. Don't these people realise how up themselves they really are

How long has she lived in the UK? She's probably homesick.

I refuse to associate with many over here who are still living their past lives there, and go on and on about how wonderful it is, when some haven't been there for over 20 years!!! It WAS a great country which is becoming a third world hellhole as I type. There are many stages to emigration and sometimes it takes people a little bit longer to get through them all.

I wish they'd take advantage of all the UK has to offer and especially cheap trips to the Continent to broaden their horizons and their minds. I'd give something to be in their shoes right this minute! Being able to be in Prague for the weekend for peanuts sounds heavenly to me!
Old Jun 16th 2007, 9:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodyinoz
get used to it..

When you get back to England all you will here is "what did you come back to this dump for"
And do you tell them....you dont know what you've got till it's gone....be proud your English, said with a

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.