Good news Britain

Old Sep 28th 2012, 11:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Good news Britain

Amongst the 'heavier' items of the Telegraph web pages I've found this section.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/good-news/
Old Sep 29th 2012, 7:48 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good news Britain

Alongside falling inflation and unemployment and last quarters GDP drop being downgraded from -07% to -04% it is welcome news
Old Sep 29th 2012, 10:11 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bud the Wiser
Amongst the 'heavier' items of the Telegraph web pages I've found this section.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/good-news/
That's interesting - is the "Good News" section of the Telegraph related in any way to the Good News newspaper I was hearing about recently? (there was a newspiece on telly the other day about this new newspaper that focuses on good news, but I wasn't paying much attention at the time so don't remember the detail).
Old Sep 29th 2012, 10:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Bud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
That's interesting - is the "Good News" section of the Telegraph related in any way to the Good News newspaper I was hearing about recently? (there was a newspiece on telly the other day about this new newspaper that focuses on good news, but I wasn't paying much attention at the time so don't remember the detail).
I have no idea Dunroving. I just happened to chance upon the section whilst browsing through the telegraph online. Snippets of good news are always welcome, whether they can balance out the no so good news over time remains to be seen.
Old Sep 29th 2012, 11:31 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

I have no idea Dunroving. I just happened to chance upon the section whilst browsing through the telegraph online. Snippets of good news are always welcome, whether they can balance out the no so good news over time remains to be seen.
Found it!

http://positivenews.org.uk/

Funny, this also came up in my search:

http://www.goodnews-paper.org.uk/

- not quite what I was thinking about, but some people might be interested.
Old Oct 4th 2012, 1:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Not entirely British, a little help from our European friends, but is was great to see the Ryder cup win. Add this to the great sporting achievements this summer, the Olympics and Paralympics and the excellent medal tally, Murray winning the US open etc.

Hard to guess the sports personality of the year this year.

Some great sporting achievements.

( pity about the football )
Old Oct 5th 2012, 4:40 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

i am coming home in 2013 so thats got to be good news for Britain
Old Oct 5th 2012, 4:49 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone coming home is good news for the country, good luck with it.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 6:45 pm
Banned

Pit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to all

It does look as though the UK is turning the economic corner at long last which is good news for us, we will be wanting to sell our house next year.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 7:11 pm
Banned

You sounded almost positive Good luck with the house sale.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 7:45 pm
Banned

Pit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to all

Cheers about the house fingers crossed.
Old Oct 8th 2012, 5:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey
i am coming home in 2013 so thats got to be good news for Britain
Very good.

Here's some more good news......... from the Daily Mail no less.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-000-jobs.html
Old Oct 8th 2012, 5:35 pm
Banned

Very good.

Looks great that, 27,000 jobs created as well, pity it's down south, we need more initiatives up North.
Old Oct 9th 2012, 2:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pit Bull.
Looks great that, 27,000 jobs created as well, pity it's down south, we need more initiatives up North.
Nice to see the possible development being in Kent and the location lends itself so beautifully to tapping into Continental rail traffic coming into Ebbsfleet and maybe even the future airport if it happens at Boris Island.

I see the land is owned by the French cement company Lafarge.

The North already has the #1 UK theme park at Alton Towers (Staffs admittedly) and a few others but tapping into additional numbers coming into the London area (new money source) would seem to be more sensible even though I do have a dislike for the fact it hogs so much of the action every which way.
Old Oct 9th 2012, 2:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute

Very good.

Big article on it in the DM, big article in the Independent, little snippet in the DT, nothing in the Guardian, it seems.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.