Can we bring our dogs?

Old Nov 20th 2012, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

Padycosforbos is just really nicePadycosforbos is just really nicePadycosforbos is just really nicePadycosforbos is just really nicePadycosforbos is just really nicePadycosforbos is just really nicePadycosforbos is just really nicePadycosforbos is just really nice
Default Re: Can we bring our dogs?

We have a bullmastiff - and two bull terriers,alll house pets - soft as a brush.Just be warned, alot of Irish folk are afraid of anything except jack rusells n sheepdogs! I have long since given up taking my dogs out and about with me (except for the ride in the jeep ) People picking up kids, dirty looks - oh yes and threats of getting the Garda on me! Just not worth the hassle TBH, if your buying house fine, renting - and a dog IN the house? jesus you would think you were asking to keep a horse in the house lol!! where are you moving to?
Old Nov 20th 2012, 10:52 am
Account Closed

sickntired is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Padycosforbos
We have a bullmastiff - and two bull terriers,alll house pets - soft as a brush.Just be warned, alot of Irish folk are afraid of anything except jack rusells n sheepdogs! I have long since given up taking my dogs out and about with me (except for the ride in the jeep ) People picking up kids, dirty looks - oh yes and threats of getting the Garda on me! Just not worth the hassle TBH, if your buying house fine, renting - and a dog IN the house? jesus you would think you were asking to keep a horse in the house lol!! where are you moving to?
What could the guards do about the dogs if they were on a lead and muzzled? Anyway the fine guards have better things to be interested than dog complaints, ie munching on their breakfast rolls back in the warm barracks.
Old Nov 20th 2012, 3:26 pm
Banned

Cuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sickntired
What could the guards do about the dogs if they were on a lead and muzzled? Anyway the fine guards have better things to be interested than dog complaints, ie munching on their breakfast rolls back in the warm barracks.
Not around here they're not.
The police are under-funded and over-stretched,with limited resources and ageing equipment.
They have a thankless task which is probably why so many of them are rude and brusque.
But it's certainly not a job I'd fancy doing.
Old Nov 20th 2012, 4:12 pm
Account Closed

sickntired is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cuthbert Rizla
Not around here they're not.
The police are under-funded and over-stretched,with limited resources and ageing equipment.
They have a thankless task which is probably why so many of them are rude and brusque.
But it's certainly not a job I'd fancy doing.
The guards in Roscommon have an easy number, I know several personally and they don't break into a sweat I can tell you. Admittedly, just down the road in Athlone it's a different kettle of fish, and they earn their wages there.