Wikiposts

here we come

Old Apr 5th 2010, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Titleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: here we come

Originally Posted by olivia
Hi
You have just re confirmed that we will not be going to make our journeys when we retire to spend more time in Ayamonte. Via the Bay of Biscay!!! I have heard of so many people being so ill. How much in time and fuel does it take off the journey?
Actually the bay of biscay was only a swell, the worst was from the IOW , and around brittany, when we left portsmouth, they had cancelled all the sea cats, and some of the french crossings, compaired to that Biscay was a mill pond
Old Apr 5th 2010, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Titleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cleri
Welcome to Portugal
thank you hun, good to be here , at last
Old Apr 5th 2010, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Supremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud of

Yay! Sorry not been on, will go read pms etc now, sooooo glad I never did the ferry crossing and left it to the OH!

Gx
Old Apr 5th 2010, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

anna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud of

I've done the sea crossing loads of times and to me it's a doddle (even in bad weather when they have delayed it hours) compared with flying. I love the sea crossing>
Old Apr 6th 2010, 5:51 am
C'est la vie

TaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anna58
I've done the sea crossing loads of times and to me it's a doddle (even in bad weather when they have delayed it hours) compared with flying. I love the sea crossing>
So do I
Old Apr 6th 2010, 8:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: here we come

Originally Posted by olivia
Hi
You have just re confirmed that we will not be going to make our journeys when we retire to spend more time in Ayamonte. Via the Bay of Biscay!!! I have heard of so many people being so ill. How much in time and fuel does it take off the journey?
We have done this trip Portsmouth/Bilbao/Santander several times now. Kath is a very poor sailor and tha Portsmouth Bilbao on Pride of Bilbao made her very ill. Next we did Santander/Portsmouth on Pont Avon not too bad and last week the same route on Cap Finistre just after the big storm and she was ok, Its a case of preparation wear the wrist bands take the pills early and don't go to the cinema.

In terms of cost we have priced it several times and at non-peak times the price equates to the tolls, diesel and one overnight in France. We would make two stops onthe way down one in France one in Spain. So we reckon we break even. Try Via Michelin for routes times and costs.

At 65 a three day dash over 1500 miles certainly takes the toll so last time we did it over 5 days and that was more relaxed but we went back via Santander and I think that was even less taxing.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Originally Posted by John & Kath
We have done this trip Portsmouth/Bilbao/Santander several times now. Kath is a very poor sailor and tha Portsmouth Bilbao on Pride of Bilbao made her very ill. Next we did Santander/Portsmouth on Pont Avon not too bad and last week the same route on Cap Finistre just after the big storm and she was ok, Its a case of preparation wear the wrist bands take the pills early and don't go to the cinema.

In terms of cost we have priced it several times and at non-peak times the price equates to the tolls, diesel and one overnight in France. We would make two stops onthe way down one in France one in Spain. So we reckon we break even. Try Via Michelin for routes times and costs.

At 65 a three day dash over 1500 miles certainly takes the toll so last time we did it over 5 days and that was more relaxed but we went back via Santander and I think that was even less taxing.
I have been sea sick once and can still remember it! also the smell of all the others being sick too! I won't risk it.
We intend to use the tunnel and buy a V.W. California campervan and take as long as we want over the journey. Using the camper or staying in hotels as we please. Thats the master plan. We just have a house here to sell, and a couple more years to work!
Old Apr 8th 2010, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi all,
We have been so busy sorting ourselves out, but it is so good to be here
Old Apr 8th 2010, 11:55 pm
eheheheeeeeeeeeer!

gazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Titleist
Hi all,
Aye up Portugeezers
Old Apr 9th 2010, 12:25 am

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Titleist
Hi all,
Have you pikey lot erected an awning for the teabags?
Old Apr 9th 2010, 12:54 am
BE Enthusiast

steppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of light

The awning is so big it looks like Billy Smarts circus
Old Apr 9th 2010, 1:03 am

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steppitoe

The awning is so big it looks like Billy Smarts circus
Lowering the tone eh?...watchout for Tits (Mr) parading around in a sequinned tutu looking for his trapeze wire.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 6:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Lowering the tone eh?...watchout for Tits (Mr) parading around in a sequinned tutu looking for his trapeze wire.
have you seen his belly a tutu if defo off limits
Old Apr 9th 2010, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

the tea bags are not going in the awning, they are safe in the caravan
Old Apr 9th 2010, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

steppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of light

For those of you who donĀ“t know these guys, to give you an idea,

Their mail is being redirected to us until they get sorted with a place. We picked it up yesterday and their old postman had written a note saying how lovely they are, how much he will miss delivering their post and wishing them all the best in their new lives.

I doubt my old postman has even noticed I have moved and that was nearly four years ago!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.