Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

exchanging driving licence - where and when to make appointment?

exchanging driving licence - where and when to make appointment?

Old Oct 9th 2020, 8:03 am
Time is always a problem

jogl will become famous soon enoughjogl will become famous soon enough
Default Re: exchanging driving licence - where and when to make appointment?

Originally Posted by Geronimal
Here is a list of everything I sent and mine has begun the process without any problems:

Scans of:
1. Driving Licence
2. IMT 37
3. CRUE
4. Passport
5. Mod Agend. IMT

all completed and signed.

They requested €30 euros a few days later, I paid and have received receipt and confirmation of the process.
Forgive my ignorance but what is a CRUE and Mod Agend IMT
Old Oct 9th 2020, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

Geronimal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jogl
Forgive my ignorance but what is a CRUE and Mod Agend IMT
CRUE is the residency certificate(CERTIFICADO DO REGISTO DE CIDADÃO DA UNIÃO EUROPEIA)
and Mod Agend IMT is this form:
http://www.imt-ip.pt/sites/IMTT/Port...ENDAMENTOS.pdf

But tbh I’m not even sure that last form is needed as it only came up at the start and I don’t see it in the process anymore. You see I applied on the day it launched and I think it was still in a state of flux. Anyhow, above is what I sent and its all working so far.
Old Oct 9th 2020, 8:44 am
Time is always a problem

Thank you for that.

However, it still leaves the 'Certificate of Authenticity' unexplained.
Old Oct 9th 2020, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

Thank you for that.

However, it still leaves the 'Certificate of Authenticity' unexplained.
Where on this page does it ask for that certificate?
http://www.imtonline.pt/index.php/tr...st-situation-2
Old Oct 9th 2020, 8:54 am
Time is always a problem

Originally Posted by Geronimal
Where on this page does it ask for that certificate?
http://www.imtonline.pt/index.php/tr...st-situation-2
By clicking on your link - about half way down is highlighted 'Form'. This opens up MOD 37 IMT and the first box to be ticked out of 5 is the one asking for 'Certificate of Authenticity'
Old Oct 9th 2020, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

By clicking on your link - about half way down is highlighted 'Form'. This opens up MOD 37 IMT and the first box to be ticked out of 5 is the one asking for 'Certificate of Authenticity'
I think you are over complicating things. If you look you will see two things about that form, the first is that the medical is already checked by them and the second is that the signature box is closed off. This tells me that this section of the document is their cross-check (official use only) and this form would have been completed at the IMT office by them, only now that we are online they are using that same form to process an online application. Its not well thought out and I suspect a new form or MOD will come out to reflect that but it is what it is.
As I said, I didn’t send one and its all working to plan. I shouldn’t worry about it and send the above docs asap before your 90 days runs out. If you have class C’s that you have had tests for and can prove it then you will need to do more to prove it. I don’t so can’t help there.
Old Oct 9th 2020, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

From another part of the IMT website I found this:

‘Certificate of authenticity of the driving licence issued by the issuing entity or consular services.’

Sounds like official speak for the info supplied to DVLA on request, or as mentioned earlier this:
https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence

Which is what they do, at IMT.
Old Oct 9th 2020, 9:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond repute

One other thing we were told by our solicitor regarding the new law which came into force on 01 Oct, in addition to applications now being made online, IMT are no longer accepting registrations of UK licences, you must change it. They will not do it after the end of the transition period, so if you haven't done it, do it now.

Re. some of the discussion above, we were told we need medicals, regardless of age, to confirm that point. You can do it at a doctors surgery if you have registered, or pay a private practice if you do not have a doctor yet, so long as they know what the medical is for in order to complete the correct form.
Old Oct 10th 2020, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

Pilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know........?

I rang IMT at Faro earlier in the week to ask for an appointment the lady said they were arranging no more appointments from 01 Oct, exchanging driving licences is now to be done online.

So I duly pulled off Mod 37 IMT. Now this form asks that you append a scan of a number of documents all of which I can do EXCEPT one.

So can anybody tell me what a 'Certificate of Authenticity' is and where can I get one?

regards
I don't suppose they clarified whether it was Faro branch not issuing appointments or whether it was all IMT offices?
Old Oct 11th 2020, 6:20 am
Time is always a problem

Originally Posted by Pilotabroad
I don't suppose they clarified whether it was Faro branch not issuing appointments or whether it was all IMT offices?
The lady at IMT Faro didn't say but it is fair to assume it was all IMT offices.
Old Oct 12th 2020, 8:04 am
Just Joined

planky is an unknown quantity at this point

That really is a change if the entire process can now be done online. I had the feeling the first stage could, but that they need to see you in person after that to check identity ?
Old Oct 12th 2020, 4:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute

Does this ruling still apply, if it ever did??

https://dre.pt/web/guest/pesquisa/-/...F7CT0TLiYA0c7M
Old Oct 12th 2020, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wellinever
Does this ruling still apply, if it ever did??

https://dre.pt/web/guest/pesquisa/-/...F7CT0TLiYA0c7M
The link you have posted is about the new car number plate system that came into force this year - not about driving licences .
Old Oct 12th 2020, 5:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute

so what does this mean???The services of issuing, revalidation, replacement, second copies and exchanges of national and foreign driving licenses will now be available in the Citizen Spots.

The period of exchange of national and foreign driving licenses is also extended, after obtaining residence in national territory, without the need to perform the practical test, going from 90 days to two years.
Old Oct 13th 2020, 6:58 am
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, that does apply and is on the IMT website under the Drivers / Exchange of Foreign Licence / Other Situations menu.

It applies to licences issued by countries signatory to bilateral agreements with Portugal, and to holders of international driving permits issued in accordance with the Geneva or Vienna Conventions on Road Traffic.

Other Situations

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.