British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Portugal (https://britishexpats.com/forum/portugal-89/)
-   -   Estrada da Fonte Salgada (Tavira) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/portugal-89/estrada-da-fonte-salgada-tavira-455145/)

Joao Oct 7th 2007 4:55 pm

Re: Estrada da Fonte Salgada (Tavira)

Originally Posted by TaviraTrog (Post 5397910)
Hi, I think you are referring to the Rotunda Nora Velha which is the next one along the main road from ours - the one with the waterwheel. As it happens we'll be there from 9 to 21 October. Our elder daughter and her crowd will be out for a week in the middle but.... And no, I don't play golf - I hadn't realised it was mandatory:p:p:p.

You can now refer to the Nora Velha roundabout as the Mini Preco roundabout, they have just completed the building of their new supermarket. Shopping on your doorstep!:D
Joao

TaviraTrog Oct 7th 2007 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by Joao (Post 5397959)
You can now refer to the Nora Velha roundabout as the Mini Preco roundabout, they have just completed the building of their new supermarket. Shopping on your doorstep!:D
Joao

Thanks Joao. I haven't heard of that supermarket. Is it a big one??

Joao Oct 7th 2007 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by TaviraTrog (Post 5397968)
Thanks Joao. I haven't heard of that supermarket. Is it a big one??

Not as big as Pingo, a bit like the one across the boader in Ayamonte, but without the fresh meat. Very handy for those who live local. The car park was full on Saturday and getting that way this morning.
They have built this supermarket within about 6 to 8 weeks, so the Portuguese can move quickly if they try!:D
Joao

chriswoods Oct 7th 2007 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by Joao (Post 5397997)
Not as big as Pingo, a bit like the one across the boader in Ayamonte, but without the fresh meat. Very handy for those who live local. The car park was full on Saturday and getting that way this morning.
They have built this supermarket within about 6 to 8 weeks, so the Portuguese can move quickly if they try!:D
Joao

Does anyone know if Carrefor sells electrical equipment etc.?
Christina

gazzer888 Oct 7th 2007 6:54 pm

sorry two rounabouts then !! not compulsory but what are you going to do with all that free time......

gazzer888 Oct 7th 2007 6:57 pm

christine...............
carrfour certainly do sell electrical stuff.

but shop around jumbo hypermarket in faro very good too........:thumbsup:

TaviraHopeful Oct 7th 2007 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by TaviraTrog (Post 5397968)
[F Sans MS]Thanks Joao. I haven't heard of that supermarket. Is it a big one??[/FONT]

Hi Trog
Not only do we have a supermarket near by, but apparently they have done alot of landscaping around our site and we have a large pool and fountain that is nearly finished. We also have a flash entranceway constructed off the hill road. :ohmy:Cant wait to get out there and have a proper look, only 3weeks and 5 days to go but who's counting.;) You go very soon dont you?:cool:

TaviraTrog Oct 8th 2007 6:11 am

Originally Posted by TaviraHopeful (Post 5398483)
Hi Trog
Not only do we have a supermarket near by, but apparently they have done alot of landscaping around our site and we have a large pool and fountain that is nearly finished. We also have a flash entranceway constructed off the hill road. :ohmy:Cant wait to get out there and have a proper look, only 3weeks and 5 days to go but who's counting.;) You go very soon dont you?:cool:

Yes indeed, very soon, tomorrow in fact. And needless to say looking forward to it.:rofl::rofl:

TaviraTrog Oct 8th 2007 6:13 am

Originally Posted by gazzer888 (Post 5398306)
sorry two rounabouts then !! not compulsory but what are you going to do with all that free time......

When we move out permanently I'm hoping to get some sailing in. I've found the sailing club in Tavira so all I need now is a boat.;);)

TaviraTrog Oct 8th 2007 6:16 am

Apropos of nothing, Gazzer, the road that runs up the back of the Eurotel past the furniture shop and the equestrian centre comes out at the roundabout next to our place.:p:p

TaviraTrog Oct 22nd 2007 3:02 pm

Got back to UK yesterday:ohmy:. What a difference in the weather:sneaky::sneaky:!

And the development at Fonte Salgada is moving on a bit, innit? Fancy new entrance, ponds with fountains (and mossies) and more landscaping:p:p.

And just to confuse the issue the flats have been renumbered. When we left we were in flat E and now we're in Primeiro Frente or 1F.:sneaky:

By the way, we still haven't got all our furniture:(:(; is there anyone one can complain to about delays like this??:confused:

gazzer888 Oct 22nd 2007 3:06 pm

we got back sat just in time for the rugby what a shame.......
yes mossies were bad thou they probably only go for rotten meat..........:p

i was ok but my wife wasnt..............:eek:

gazzer888 Oct 22nd 2007 3:07 pm

was furniture package included in sale ?????????

TaviraHopeful Oct 22nd 2007 4:01 pm

Hi Trog
Hope you had a good time, i'll be off a week on Saturday - cant wait.:D
You bought through Parador didn't you? i would get in touch and give them some earache.:mad: Your not the only person i've heard of, that has only got part of their furniture package. Glad i didn't go for that option after all.

TaviraTrog Oct 23rd 2007 7:36 am

Hi Guys,

We used a company called Je Ne Sais Quoi which was "recommended" by Parador. We only have a couple of items outstanding but every time I contact them I am assured they will be delivered "next week" - when we're not there:mad::mad:. Fat lot of good that is.

We will be moving out permanently in December so they'd better deliver then. If they don't I'll be on their doorstep every day making a fuss. That should be good for business;);).