British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Portugal (https://britishexpats.com/forum/portugal-89/)
-   -   Estrada da Fonte Salgada (Tavira) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/portugal-89/estrada-da-fonte-salgada-tavira-455145/)

bandb67 Jun 25th 2009 9:57 pm

Re: Estrada da Fonte Salgada (Tavira)

well we can only pray, do u have an idea how many properties are still unsold

TaviraTrog Jun 26th 2009 4:43 am

Can't say really but there appear to be more unsold than there are sold. And some of the developers have stopped building:unsure:.

bandb67 Jun 26th 2009 7:40 am

cheers trogg no of at least 4 in our block that are sold so hopefully no long to we get pool

TaviraTrog Jun 26th 2009 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by bandb67 (Post 7702758)
cheers trogg no of at least 4 in our block that are sold so hopefully no long to we get pool

To be honest I'm more interested in when the site is going to be cleaned up and the landscaping completed. The whole area is a tip at the moment:unsure:.

bandb67 Jun 28th 2009 11:16 pm

when we were over 2 weeks ago they seem to be cleaning up sum of the site next to the fountain, well i hope they were

TaviraTrog Jun 29th 2009 3:38 am

They've dumped lorry loads of what looks like topsoil. No idea what they're going to do with it:confused:.

bandb67 Jun 30th 2009 1:58 am

aye heard they are no building there for the time being, so looks like landscaping, think they had too as it was a site, should build swiming pool that will sell rest of properties

TaviraTrog Jun 30th 2009 3:02 am

I asked our condominium man to pursue this matter. He says it has been very hard to pin down the main contractor - they say they're out of money as the properties aren't selling. So don't hold your breath:sneaky:.

bandb67 Jun 30th 2009 3:05 am

cheers trogg, ours keep saying it will happen, at end of year but am no happy about it

TaviraTrog Nov 3rd 2009 6:03 am

At our condominium meeting last Friday our condo company guy told us he had spoken with the developer for EdF and he had guaranteed he would start the landscaping in January 2010 and complete it by March. Fingers crossed;).

bandb67 Nov 5th 2009 2:15 am

Hi Trog was over last week and it looks as thou they have started at the first fountain as u walk up from tavira, will make a big difference wonce work is dun. hopefully pool next:ohmy:

TaviraTrog Nov 5th 2009 10:29 pm

Yes, we noticed that a bit of work had been done there. Let's hope they keep their word. It would make all the difference to the urbanisation if it were landscaped. Perhaps it'd even help them sell a few more properties:p:p:p.

LindaandJohn Nov 14th 2009 5:08 am

Originally Posted by TaviraTrog (Post 8075523)
[F Sans MS]Yes, we noticed that a bit of work had been done there. Let's hope they keep their word. It would make all the difference to the urbanisation if it were landscaped. Perhaps it'd even help them sell a few more properties:p:p:p.
[/FONT]

Hi everyone who is involved in the saga of the swimming pool and landscaping. We have just bought at Block 9. Nearly pulled out 'cus of the lack of pool and scruffy area. Have been assured that it has to be completed by the end of next year - that is the pool and the landscaping otherwise the main developer will forfeit his bond. I am not sure what that means. I do know that there has been a great delay. I have even offered to come out and help with the gardening!
Am writing this at home in the UK with a howling wind and rain outside. Dark grey all day and horrible! Am hoping I have something good to look forward to next spring in Tavira.

Has anyone got a good contact for electrical lights and fitting them. We need to get three or four done when we come out? thanks.
Linda and John

bandb67 Nov 15th 2009 2:55 am

Hi Linda and john we are in block 9 also, love it same as u waiting on them clearing up and get that crane out the road. see u sumtime out their

LindaandJohn Nov 15th 2009 5:27 am

Originally Posted by bandb67 (Post 8099811)
Hi Linda and john we are in block 9 also, love it same as u waiting on them clearing up and get that crane out the road. see u sumtime out their

Hi there. We are hoping to be out there April time onwards. It would be good to catch up with people so that we get the full picture. I have no intention of buying a new place and letting it go. What floor are you on? we are on Flr 2.:cool: