British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Portugal (https://britishexpats.com/forum/portugal-89/)
-   -   Estrada da Fonte Salgada (Tavira) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/portugal-89/estrada-da-fonte-salgada-tavira-455145/)

TaviraTrog Feb 14th 2008 2:14 am

Re: Estrada da Fonte Salgada (Tavira)

An update on the pool saga: yesterday we went into a shop in the commercial centre just up the road from the PT shop and saw poster of the Estrada da Fonte development. The guy in the shop designs brochures for developers. Unfortunately he didn't have any to give away. Anyway, according to the poster the pool will be behind the block at the top of the road that leads up through the Estrada da Fonte gateway.

Allegedly there will be a pool, restaurant and gym/health centre.:blink:

Joao Feb 14th 2008 8:20 pm

I think if you look back at the threads you will see that I said something about this earlier. The plan as always been to put a pool and fitness building in that area, but until ALL the apartments are built - and that coud take years.:D
Joao

TaviraTrog Mar 18th 2008 3:49 am

Originally Posted by Joao (Post 5935776)
I think if you look back at the threads you will see that I said something about this earlier. The plan as always been to put a pool and fitness building in that area, but until ALL the apartments are built - and that coud take years.:D
Joao

Shan't hold my breath then but I know that will come as a disappointment to a number of people:p:p:p

TaviraTrog Apr 24th 2008 5:58 am

Blah blah blah

TaviraTrog May 24th 2008 11:16 pm

Does anyone know when the new exhibition area near Estrada da Fonte will come into operation? It looks complete and has done since December but there are still no signs of activity. I thought the monthly market was supposed to be moving there.

TaviraTrog May 29th 2008 7:02 pm

The thot plickens. Went past the exhibition grounds yesterday and there are workmen there erecting a huge marquee there. So what's going on now (no replies referring to erections, thank you):p:p:p.

masterjoiner May 29th 2008 7:27 pm

ooooh not at this time of the morning!!

haha

H

Jajuliz Sep 6th 2008 4:03 am

Originally Posted by Joao (Post 5297757)
There should be a pool once the whole development is completed. Go and look at the plans in the Obris department.

Talking of pools, can you tell me where the municipal pool is in Tavira?

anna58 Sep 6th 2008 4:25 am

Near the gypsy market.

Joao Sep 6th 2008 5:01 am

Originally Posted by Jajuliz (Post 6755792)
Talking of pools, can you tell me where the municipal pool is in Tavira?

On the EN125 at the roundabout with the water wheel, take the turning into Tavira which goes across the railway track. Once across the track take the first turning left, go to the bottom of the hill (past apartments on the right and left). At the bottom of the hill the road widens and the pool is on your left hand side. It has Piscinas Muncipas in big letters on top of it.
It opens at 0800 each week day, closes at 1300 to 1500 and then stays open until 2000. On Sat and Sun it opens at 0900 and on Sat closes at 1800(?) and on Sun it closes at 1300.
Don't know the individual cost, but for a Resident you can buy 20 entries for €17.33.
Joao:D

Jajuliz Sep 6th 2008 7:14 am

Many thanks for that Joao.
May I ask?
The name sounds Portuguese, but you're on a british ex-pat site?

TaviraTrog Sep 6th 2008 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by Jajuliz (Post 6756283)
Many thanks for that Joao.
May I ask?
The name sounds Portuguese, but you're on a british ex-pat site?

It's a long story. And hello by the way:rofl::rofl::rofl:.

b.b.vast Mar 12th 2009 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by TaviraTrog (Post 6079665)
Shan't hold my breath then but I know that will come as a disappointment to a number of people:p:p:p

Definately no pool between the u shape blocks. Its going to be a car park area. The council would not grant planning permission so the builder wouldnt buy it. The council dont want to pay out each year to maintain gardens so it looks like a car park is inevitable. This was the latest info. in February 09.

TaviraTrog Mar 12th 2009 9:45 pm

It's a puzzle. A number of estate agents have properties in the Estrada da Fonte development on their books. They all say there will be a pool complex. I have seen a plan that shows it behind the block facing you as you come up the hill from the walls that used to have Estrada da Fonte on them.

Unfortunately the norm is that such complexes are only built when all the properties on the development have been sold. That could be some time. And, as some of the developers have stopped short of completing their U-shapes it could be even longer.

As for the car park; I gather from one of the tenants in Nr 3 that their condominium is taking the matter up with the council. I hope ours will as well.

By the way, I take it you have property there. Would you mind telling me where?

jdr Mar 13th 2009 12:34 am

Originally Posted by TaviraTrog (Post 7375015)
It's a puzzle. A number of estate agents have properties in the Estrada da Fonte development on their books. They all say there will be a pool complex. I have seen a plan that shows it behind the block facing you as you come up the hill from the walls that used to have Estrada da Fonte on them.

Unfortunately the norm is that such complexes are only built when all the properties on the development have been sold. That could be some time. And, as some of the developers have stopped short of completing their U-shapes it could be even longer.

As for the car park; I gather from one of the tenants in Nr 3 that their condominium is taking the matter up with the council. I hope ours will as well.

By the way, I take it you have property there. Would you mind telling me where?

A slight miss selling of the property then ?