British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Portugal (https://britishexpats.com/forum/portugal-89/)
-   -   Estrada da Fonte Salgada (Tavira) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/portugal-89/estrada-da-fonte-salgada-tavira-455145/)

Joao Sep 11th 2007 11:43 am

Re: Estrada da Fonte Salgada (Tavira)

Originally Posted by TaviraTrog (Post 4862813)
I thought it was about time we started a thread for those of us not fortunate enough to be Quinta de Pegada:).

Any road up - what I wanted to know is has anyone heard of the developer's plan to instal a swimming pool. When we were over in November there he said no but when we were there in March we were told it was highly probable.

It would be good for us if they do as the grandbrats would love it when they come to visit. On second thoughts perhaps I won't tell them about the pool:p.

There should be a pool once the whole development is completed. Go and look at the plans in the Obris department.

TaviraHopeful Sep 11th 2007 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by Joao (Post 5297757)
There should be a pool once the whole development is completed. Go and look at the plans in the Obris department.

Hi Joao
Thanks for replying. Finally someone who seems to know what is going on.
Do you know the Estrada Da Fonte Apartments?
You seem pretty sure there will be a pool, have you seen the final plans?
Also were exactly is the Obris Dept?
Regards TH

Joao Sep 12th 2007 9:22 am

Hi
Yes I know the Estrada da Fonte apartments very well. The pool, fitness facility, bar and restaurant will be located at the top end of the complex (near to the Urb Miramar). I understand that the pool complex will not be started until the final apartment blocks have been built in that area, but they have started to dig out in that area so may be in a couple of years the pool will be built. However, the situation is fluid and really depends on whether any developer has bought the land to build the final apartments - land is very, very expensive.
If you go to the Camara building in Tavira centre, take the stairs to the 2nd floor you will see the Obras department on your left hand side. You will need to take some form of identification with you and documents to show that you own a property on Estrada da Fonte before they will give you any information. Take a ticket firsts and wait your turn. There are people in this department who can talk to you in English. Be polite and I am sure they will help you with what information you need.
Regards

Joao

TaviraHopeful Sep 12th 2007 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by Joao (Post 5301385)
Hi
Yes I know the Estrada da Fonte apartments very well. The pool, fitness facility, bar and restaurant will be located at the top end of the complex (near to the Urb Miramar). I understand that the pool complex will not be started until the final apartment blocks have been built in that area, but they have started to dig out in that area so may be in a couple of years the pool will be built. However, the situation is fluid and really depends on whether any developer has bought the land to build the final apartments - land is very, very expensive.
If you go to the Camara building in Tavira centre, take the stairs to the 2nd floor you will see the Obras department on your left hand side. You will need to take some form of identification with you and documents to show that you own a property on Estrada da Fonte before they will give you any information. Take a ticket firsts and wait your turn. There are people in this department who can talk to you in English. Be polite and I am sure they will help you with what information you need.
Regards

Joao

Hi
I am totally confused now. The Estrada Da Fonte apartments are built in a U shape and we were told we would be having our own pool in the middle of the U. Nothing was ever mentioned about a seperate building complex. Are we talking about the same building, as we cant think of any land that is undeveloped close to were we are. Other than the Orange Orchard across the road and they definatly wont be building there will they?

TaviraTrog Sep 13th 2007 6:32 am

I'm confused too:confused:. Don't know where the Miramar is but Fonte Salgada is the last development at the top of the hill where the newish roundabout is. If it helps the road name is R. General Jose Carlos Chelmicki. At least it is for our entrance; not sure about the ones around the corner.

Joao Sep 13th 2007 11:25 am

Hi to you both

Estrada da Fonte is made up of 26 appartment blocks (buildings) plus 21 town houses. I have to presume that you are refering to the apartments that are numbered 20 thru to 26 owned and built by Luis Ferreira and located by the new roundabout with the olive tree. When I mentioned the swimming pool, restaurant, sports facilities etc, then this will be for the WHOLE complex of Estrada da Fonte and will be located at the top end of the complex where the internal road joins the yellow and white houses on the complex called the Miramar.
The swimming pool you refer to might, and I mean might be constructed by Luis Ferreira inside the U of blocks 20 thru to 26. What you have to understand is that the land around ALL the apartments and within the U of ALL the apartments is owned and the responsibility of the developer who sold the building areas on which the all apartments are have been constructed, that is why at the moment his work force are planting trees, flowers and digging out for the small ponds that were in the original plan. If you bought on of the apartments from Luis Ferreira (via an agent I prusume) then you are lucky that he owns and developed 20 thru to 26 because, he can now approach the Tavira Mayor and ask his permission to construct a swimming pool, but first he has to buy the middle bit of land from the developer who owns this piece.
That is why I say there might be a pool built within the U of blocks 20 thru to 26, it all depends on the Tavira Mayor and the cost of the land. But you should consider that the cost of the land and the construction of a pool might have to be offset in some way and that might mean an incease in the condomimium fees (even if you don't use it).
Remember, there will be a pool on the complex and you have a choice to join it or not, but a pool in the U then who knows.
Hope this helps. But if you want to know the latest then why not call Luis Ferreira or his brother Eduardo Ferreira then you will get it from the horses mouth so to speak.
Regards
Joao

TaviraTrog Sep 13th 2007 11:43 am

Joao,

thanks for that. I've just had a look at the Ficha Tecnica but it doesn't help. I can't really see where the pool complex you mention will be. Perhaps when we're out next month I'll have a wonder round and see if I can find the location.

Joao Sep 13th 2007 11:57 am

Hi

You need to look at the whole complex plan and then you will see it.
Joao

TaviraTrog Sep 13th 2007 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by Joao (Post 5306255)
Hi

You need to look at the whole complex plan and then you will see it.
Joao

There is plan of the whole complex showing plots 1 - 47 but I still can't envisage where the pool complex will be.

TaviraHopeful Sep 13th 2007 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by TaviraTrog (Post 5306265)
There is plan of the whole complex showing plots 1 - 47 but I still can't envisage where the pool complex will be.

Hi Joao & Trog
Well i'm with you Trog i haven't got a clue were there would be space left for a pool complex either. But obviously Joao you are very clued up on the area and the development are you a mole? We have had our apartment a year and this is the first we've heard of Estrada Da Fonte being all of the building you mention. We were under the impression it was just our building. We were told by Eduardo that there would be a pool inside the U so now i dont know what to believe. :confused::confused:

Joao Sep 13th 2007 5:56 pm

Hi
When you bought your apartment did you not see all the roads and infrastructure, i.e. pathments, lights, drains all in place? Surely you must have realised that more was to be built.
Here are details of how you get to the area where the communal pool/leisure facility is going to be built. As I presume you own an apartment in block 20 thru to 26 I will take you from there. Go out of the apartment building main door on the ground floor and you are facing the Orange Orchard. Turn left. walk along to the end of the block and turn left, you are now walking down the outside the bottom part of the U. Walk straight on and on the right are newly built town houses (I think there are 4). The road you are on is the main spine road going up through the blocks. At the of your U of blocks the road begins to rise. You will pass newly constructed blocks on your right and left. Concentrate on the right hand side of the road and walk to the end of the last block that is built and lived in. After this block there is spare ground where two more blocks will be built in the future. Behind the last lived in block and this spare ground is the the location of the Pool/leisure facility for the WHOLE of Urbanizacao (Urbanisation) Estrada da Fonte. At the top of the spin road up which you have walked you will see in front of you a development of houses and some apartment buildings and this area is called Urbanizacao Miramar. They have nothing to do with each other and have been constructed by completely different building companies. I should add that Estrada da Fonte apartment blocks (with the exception of blocks 20 thru to 26 - Luis Ferreira) are being built by individual builders.
I am sure Eduardo Ferreira would not have been definate about the pool in the U a year ago.

TaviraHopeful Sep 13th 2007 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by Joao (Post 5307850)
Hi
When you bought your apartment did you not see all the roads and infrastructure, i.e. pathments, lights, drains all in place? Surely you must have realised that more was to be built.
Here are details of how you get to the area where the communal pool/leisure facility is going to be built. As I presume you own an apartment in block 20 thru to 26 I will take you from there. Go out of the apartment building main door on the ground floor and you are facing the Orange Orchard. Turn left. walk along to the end of the block and turn left, you are now walking down the outside the bottom part of the U. Walk straight on and on the right are newly built town houses (I think there are 4). The road you are on is the main spine road going up through the blocks. At the of your U of blocks the road begins to rise. You will pass newly constructed blocks on your right and left. Concentrate on the right hand side of the road and walk to the end of the last block that is built and lived in. After this block there is spare ground where two more blocks will be built in the future. Behind the last lived in block and this spare ground is the the location of the Pool/leisure facility for the WHOLE of Urbanizacao (Urbanisation) Estrada da Fonte. At the top of the spin road up which you have walked you will see in front of you a development of houses and some apartment buildings and this area is called Urbanizacao Miramar. They have nothing to do with each other and have been constructed by completely different building companies. I should add that Estrada da Fonte apartment blocks (with the exception of blocks 20 thru to 26 - Luis Ferreira) are being built by individual builders.
I am sure Eduardo Ferreira would not have been definate about the pool in the U a year ago.

Hi Joao
You certainly seem to know alot about this development and who the builders are etc. but as far as saying Eduardo did not tell us there would be a pool, it is written into our contract of sale, so he must have been pretty certain a pool would be built. We have also been in touch with our lawyers regarding this. Do you own a property in this development?

TaviraTrog Sep 14th 2007 6:39 am

Okay Joao,

Having consulted the Ficha Tecnica again I now know the area to which you are referring. You're right, when we signed up last November Eduardo said there would NOT be a pool. However, when we came out in March to complete he said there would.

I also noticed on the FT that one Lote is designated "comercio" which my dictionary tells me means business. So, will that be shops or offices?

To reiterate Hopeful's question: how come you know so much about the development? I realise you are local and so have the time and inclination to go to the camara to find out and that is very useful to those of us who are yet to move there. Keep it up:thumbup:.

Joao Sep 14th 2007 8:33 am

Hi

Regarding your contract of sale I would suggest that the reference to the pool is the one associated with the Estrada da Fonte complex of apartment blocks and houses and possibly not the pool in the U. However, as I have never seen your contract of sale I can not comment further.
No I do not live in Estrada da Fonte nor anywhere near there, however, as I have been here for more than several years and have witnessed a vast amount of changes within Tavira and the immediate area around I have found it necessary to keep abreast of developments as you will need to do when you live here.
I think you will find that the "comercia area" is where the pool might be and possibly a shop - who knows as "comercia" covers a multitude of businesses.
The city, and yes Tavira is a city, has neither the public infrastructure nor the private investment to sustain all this building that is going on. You do not live here yet, but wait until you do when you have to queue for 45 minutes in the supermarket during the summer to pay for your groceries and anything up to 2 hours or some times longer in the public offices. I.e tax department etc. But if you can live with all this - then it is a GREAT place!!! And just a positive note to finish with - we have no intention of leaving here.

Good luck

Regards

Joao:)

TaviraHopeful Sep 14th 2007 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by Joao (Post 5310106)
Hi

Regarding your contract of sale I would suggest that the reference to the pool is the one associated with the Estrada da Fonte complex of apartment blocks and houses and possibly not the pool in the U. However, as I have never seen your contract of sale I can not comment further.
No I do not live in Estrada da Fonte nor anywhere near there, however, as I have been here for more than several years and have witnessed a vast amount of changes within Tavira and the immediate area around I have found it necessary to keep abreast of developments as you will need to do when you live here.
I think you will find that the "comercia area" is where the pool might be and possibly a shop - who knows as "comercia" covers a multitude of businesses.
The city, and yes Tavira is a city, has neither the public infrastructure nor the private investment to sustain all this building that is going on. You do not live here yet, but wait until you do when you have to queue for 45 minutes in the supermarket during the summer to pay for your groceries and anything up to 2 hours or some times longer in the public offices. I.e tax department etc. But if you can live with all this - then it is a GREAT place!!! And just a positive note to finish with - we have no intention of leaving here.

Good luck

Regards

Joao:)

Hi Joao
I've checked the contract again and it definately says a swimming pool for the apartments:unsure: so your quess is as good as mine.
You are probably in a better position of understanding how things
work in Portugal because we're totally baffled as nothing seems to happen the way we were told it would. Just hope things fall into place eventually as it gets very frustrating:curse:
Thanks for the info tho' at least we have learnt that Estrada da Fonte is the whole place and not just our block of apartments. Will make a point of having a better look round when we go out next. We haven't been as far down as were you say the pool etc will be.
Appreciate any info in the future.:thumbsup: