Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

CABANAS GOLF DEVELOPERS DUJA

CABANAS GOLF DEVELOPERS DUJA

Old Jan 3rd 2012, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Joao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud of
Default Re: CABANAS GOLF DEVELOPERS DUJA

Thank you maria D.C. No one wants to dampen peoples enthusiasm for buying property overseas, it is a dream for a lot of people to own their own property in a country where the culture and climate are so different from there own, where they can go for rest and relaxation after working hard. However, like you I knew there was a problem with DUJA, but I to got short shrift from Snr Louis and so did not continue with my fears of what might occur.
It is interesting to read from your comments that the company is now trading under two new names, I presume they are are Spain and not in Portugal? If they are in Portugal then, with the current financial situation, I'm not sure they will have many buyers unless they have some very good salespeople!!
Thank you once again for your post, I to hope it will not get removed.
Joao
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 12:14 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=maria.D.C.;9817586]
Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
No ...... no you wouldn't.[/QUOTE

I was...i had posts removed and had a torrent of abuse when i tried to warn members that that Duja and Your Place abroad were scam merchants.
This is not heresay you only have to "google" Royal Marbella Group Sir Geoff Hurst... and you will find a whole host of press reports (and court reports) as to how this gang operated. Two major players were Michael Hone M.D. of The Royal marbella group alias Duja. and Christopher John Davies (chief executive officer of the Royal Marbella Group and director of Your Place Abroad). It now emerges that Hone has cleared off with 26 million euros of Duja and Y.P.A. victims money. They have done excactly the same thing on Mainland Spain and in Tenerife. When i tried to alert members as to what was
going on i pointed out that myself and other victims were in the same position on a development called EL BARRANCO in Tenerife and vital information on the scam could be found in a thread on ...... I was accused of trying to lure members of this forum over to the one in tenerife for a cynicle purpose, i was not, i was trying to show what the gang was up to and explicit information was on that thread that could have helped members of this one. Needless to say Davies has folded all his limited companies owing millions to unfortunate creditors and is now operating again under the trading name of FAIRWAYSLIVING co.uk and FADALLIO LTD . Hopefully this post will not be removed. Maria.D.C.
You joined the forum and then made 4 straight posts with links to another forum, and now another one so thats 5 out of 9 posts linking to another forum.

As advised, you want to put the information up then please do by all means, but put it on here where it is useful to the members
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 11:28 pm
Just Joined

maria.D.C. is an unknown quantity at this point

I really am sorry if you believe that my purpose in mentioning the other forum was to lure members away from this one, the truth is that the information was far to comprehensive and complex to try and copy it to this platform. It is clear however that there are some of your members who are interested in knowing how the directors of the Royal marbella group now called Royal Duja made a fortune out of registering multitudes of limited companies, accumulating millions of euros in deposits on developments that were either unbuilt or developments that were illegal or developments that were left unfinished and had unpaid land debts on them and then liquidating the limited companies leaving thousands of victims with either no money and no properties or unfinished properties that cannot be occupied. They have lied persintantly in a concerted effort to prevent victims from reporting them to the authorities for blatent fraud by bleating there were rescue packages in the pipeline whilst putting plans in motion to liquidate their limited companies making it too late for successfull financial claims against them. Christopher davies has registered and liquidated THIRTY limited companies and has left a long line of creditors that hand in hand could span the great wall of china. He now has the audacity to advertise on his new website [I]fairwaysliving.co.uk[I][ the developments that he has bankrupt and bought back (by his new limited company) for a fraction of the liquidated price and is now RESELLING them.
He has also registered himself on another forum as being a MERCHANT BANKER and quotes himself as being Chief Executive Officer of a newly registered merchant bank and finance companycalled FADALLIO . com, if you "google" fadallio fraud Bronte...you will be taken to several international scam reporting sites explicitly reporting the new multi million dollar con they have now embarked on. Many members of this forum have lost money to this gang and some have instigated legal proceedings against them, i have to tell them they will get nothing back, all the money has been spirited away and is held in bank accounts in Panama and the Cayman Islands. Hone has absconded but Davies, Jason Curtis, Peter Lowe and Martin Farnworth are all directors of Fadallio and fairwaysliving operating from Sovereign House Ack Lane Branmhall Cheshire.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

tombo is just really nicetombo is just really nicetombo is just really nicetombo is just really nicetombo is just really nicetombo is just really nicetombo is just really nicetombo is just really nice

Keep on with keeping us in the picture Maria

regards
Old Jan 4th 2012, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

Hayles is an unknown quantity at this point

Maria

How did you come up with so much information? Please keep it coming.
There are lots of people who have lost money in Cabanas due to the workings of DUJA. Is Luis Constantine still involved with the people previously mentioned? I also heard that the bank bought the rest of the vacant properties for a small amount more than the private bids - what will they do with them?

Regards
Old Jan 4th 2012, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

Dear Hayles, in truth i do not know how land ownership in Portugal affects any property built on it but in Spain and Tenerife whoever owns the land owns the property built on it. In simple terms if a developer aquires a plot of land on which to build a development then morgages the land to the bank to fund or part fund the development and does not pay back the morgage then whoever the morgage supplier is (ie; a bank) own all properties built on it unless the land morgage is paid off. As a result any purchaser who has completed on a property on that land will also owe a relative proportion of the total land debt to the bank. This will show as an encumbant attachment to the freehold deed of the apartment or Villa. The Royal Marbella/Duja gang allowed victims who had only part completed to furnish and occupy apartments on their developments to pacify them in the short term knowing that the banks would claim them once the development (limited company) was liquidated. Banks are in the business of recouping as much as they can and rarely mess about with purchasing several apartments on a complex, it is more benificial to get the whole development for whatever is owed on it and sell on the whole thing. Victims of this gang's developments in Spain and Tenerife have been evicted and their locks changed once the bank foreclose because the victims were given unverified ownership documents. Sir Geoff Hurst lost TWO MILLION euros after discovering the six apartments he purchased from Royal Duja had been sold twice rendering his ownership void. Details of the case can be found by "googling" SIR GEOFF HURST ROYAL MARBELLA/DUJA PROPERTY SCAM... Chris Davies owner of Your Place Abroad (now in liquidation) denied being a part of the Royal Group but a search on the internet" wayback machine" found a corporate brochure with a photograph of Davies in his capacity of CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER of the Royal Marbella/Duja group. As mentioned in my previous post he is now reselling all the Royal Groups distressed developments from his new limited company fairwayliving.co.uk maria

Last edited by maria.D.C.; Jan 4th 2012 at 1:54 pm.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 2:00 pm
Just Joined

Dear all, i quoted Davies's new company by the name FAIRWAYsLIVING it is not it is [B]fairwayliving.co.uk [B] apologies...maria
Old Jan 4th 2012, 2:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud of

maria.D.C. I had a feeling from one of my contact in Portugal (when I lived there) that all was not right with DUJA, but he would never come right out and tell me the real problem.
I am SO glad that my gut feelings have now been confirmed. Well done!!!
Joao
Old Jan 4th 2012, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

Maria, Thanks for your help wih this. Kind regards Hayles
Old Jan 5th 2012, 5:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

tombo is just really nicetombo is just really nicetombo is just really nicetombo is just really nicetombo is just really nicetombo is just really nicetombo is just really nicetombo is just really nice

Sir Geoff Hurst lost TWO MILLION euros after discovering the six apartments he purchased from Royal Duja had been sold twice rendering his ownership void. Details of the case can be found by "googling" SIR GEOFF HURST ROYAL MARBELLA/DUJA PROPERTY SCAM... Chris Davies owner of Your Place Abroad (now in liquidation) denied being a part of the Royal Group but a search on the internet" wayback machine" found a corporate brochure with a photograph of Davies in his capacity of CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER of the Royal Marbella/Duja group. As mentioned in my previous post he is now reselling all the Royal Groups distressed developments from his new limited company fairwayliving.co.uk maria[/QUOTE]
================================================== =========
Maria it is indeed unfortunate that Geof Hurst and others were scammed.
I only wish that the villians had chosen e.g. Kenneth Noye to rip-off.
I do not believe they would be sleeping easy tonight.
Old Jan 30th 2012, 1:29 pm
Just Joined

Beendun is an unknown quantity at this point

Received a letter 25/1/2012 from Tribunal Judicial de Tavira regarding Duja insolvency. Unfortunately it is in Portuguese. Think I may need to respond.

Has anyone else received the same?
Old Jan 30th 2012, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

Was it sent to you at a UK address or Portuguese address?
Old Jan 30th 2012, 2:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

bejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nice

If it's any help, the following link shows Fairways Living company has nil financial returns and is currently dormant.

Also interesting they have chosen the same name as an apparently successful American company in a similar business !

http://companycheck.co.uk/company/06235534
Old Jan 30th 2012, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

It was sent to my home address. Looks like an outcome of court proceedings.
Old Jan 30th 2012, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

By home address I mean UK.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.