Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

CABANAS GOLF DEVELOPERS DUJA

CABANAS GOLF DEVELOPERS DUJA

Old Dec 4th 2010, 9:17 am
Just Joined

Newportboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CABANAS GOLF DEVELOPERS DUJA

I agree,once you have completed you will find that Duja are not so helpful,at the moment i understand they are trying to Force a condominium on the respectful owners, due to Duja having the majority share of the apartments but they do not want to pay there share of the costs,they want the owners to pay for there share plus the costs for the unsold apartments,Duja think they can do what they want has they are the majority shareholders.

Old Dec 4th 2010, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

sj01302 is an unknown quantity at this point

Correct me if i am wrong ,but i thought a Condominium was managed by the Apartment owners, and everyone had to pay the share that was representative of the property they owned,so if duja own the majority of apartments i would have thought be Law they would have to pay the highest proportion of the Condominium charges which i believe they are doing at this moment in time.
Old Dec 4th 2010, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

ptmatt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Newportboy
I agree,once you have completed you will find that Duja are not so helpful,at the moment i understand they are trying to Force a condominium on the respectful owners, due to Duja having the majority share of the apartments but they do not want to pay there share of the costs,they want the owners to pay for there share plus the costs for the unsold apartments,Duja think they can do what they want has they are the majority shareholders.

The above post is a correct assessment of how things stand at present.
We weren't forced to have this condominium but there was no real alternative if we wanted to maintain our apartments properly.

Duja have a lot of unsold apartments..the money problems mean getting work done is difficult and they have passed their share of maintaining a condominium onto the owners.I have given them a list of jobs needing doing before the condominium comes into force..watch this space.

For the record :-
Luis has promised an apartment for each condominium to rent out to help with the condominium costs.Amandio Batiste were arranging this with Duja but no feedback so far.
Luis was asked at the condominium meeting whether the owners would get their money back for paying Duja's share when Duja reach better times on the apartment sales.The answer was "No".I asked him why not..."Because I am not prepared to do that".End of.
Old Dec 5th 2010, 9:15 am
Just Joined

robertomartins is an unknown quantity at this point

Depending on the size of one's apartment charges can differ, 1 bedroom as much as 400 euros, 2 bedroom as much as 500 euros and 3 bedrooms as much as 600 euros per anum none of which are excessive.
Old Dec 5th 2010, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

The facts..block 33 on phase 2.With Duja rentals 20 apartments(out of 45) will pay the condominium fees.Cost per month 95 euro's or 1140 a year...will be collected monthly by direct debit by Amandio Batista.

The other blocks on phase 2 & 3 have less owners to pay the condominium so their charges will be a lot more.

When more apartments have been sold this will reduce and hopefully Duja can meet their obligations on their apartments
Old Dec 5th 2010, 11:03 am
Just Joined

Well i know that some of us do not intend to pay any of the Condominium charges unless Duja pay theirs,they cannot enforce these charges by law,as i have said previously the Condominiums management is decided by the owners not Duja,they are just the developers and do not have any rights
to inflict these charges on anyone.
Old Dec 5th 2010, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

I can understand your stance because it is what I feel..but as annoying as it is I have decided the only sensible option is to pay up.
We have paid a lot for our apartment and it is excellent quality.If the owners don't pay for a condominium..and Duja simply don't have the money to do it..then the apartments and area become run down etc etc.That is not in any owners interest.
If others pay up..and you don't ..is that fair to them ? I am in contact with several owners in our block and they intend to pay up.
At the start I expected to pay about 70 euros a month so can live with the extra for a couple of years.I won't pay it forever.
We are in Block 33,phase 2..which phase are u on ?
Old Dec 5th 2010, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

For me it is in the interest of all to have the upkeep of the grounds etc to be maintained including Duja,they would not be able to sell the rest if they left the complex fall into disrepair,but i dont intend to be blackmailed by Duja i just want to pay my fair share,there are still things that need to be done by Duja, like you have mentioned,by the way i am not on your phase
Old Jan 5th 2011, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

garymoore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ptmatt
I can understand your stance because it is what I feel..but as annoying as it is I have decided the only sensible option is to pay up.
We have paid a lot for our apartment and it is excellent quality.If the owners don't pay for a condominium..and Duja simply don't have the money to do it..then the apartments and area become run down etc etc.That is not in any owners interest.
If others pay up..and you don't ..is that fair to them ? I am in contact with several owners in our block and they intend to pay up.
At the start I expected to pay about 70 euros a month so can live with the extra for a couple of years.I won't pay it forever.
We are in Block 33,phase 2..which phase are u on ?
hi there, i know its not the current subject your discussing but does anyone have any news on the progress (if any ) on beach 2 , regards gary
Old Feb 8th 2011, 10:51 am
Just Joined

maria.D.C. is an unknown quantity at this point

A little information (if your moderators will allow it) .....for anyone who purchased properties through YOUR PLACE ABROAD you may be interested to know that YOUR PLACE ABROAD LTD was dissolved and placed into liquidation
in November 2010. the winding up order was declared on the 15th of november 2010 and the official receiver is D.C. Brogan 2nd Floor 3 Piccadilly Place Manchester M1 3BN. they are now trading again as FAIRWAYS LIVING in association with the PGA south region, same address. this can be verified by going to http://www.london-gazette.co.uk/issu...newest/start=1
Old Mar 8th 2011, 9:47 am
Just Joined

BarryLinda Matthews is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by robertomartins
Hi,
I to am in the middle of buying property on phase 2 but my experience with duja (luis Constantino) has been simply perfect, after going to cabanas for the last 5 years and doing loads of research i have decided to buy.
The difference with me and so many of the people on this site is i went straight to the man himself and didn't involve any third party, these people can't do enough for me and i simply have no complaints.

My emails do not get ignored, my phone calls get answered and if anything luis and his staff have been very patient with me considering i live in london, i think the biggest problem here was people trying to make a quick profit with the boom of the euro and when things didn't quite go to plan they looked for someone to blame, instead of looking at the third party who they went to in the first place (dodgy estate agents).
We are in the middle of a recession people and we have been since late 2007simple lesson here don't buy if you can't afford to, nothing wrong with duja or cabanas or the portuguese system.
If you look at previous threads you will see that a lot of people have had problems with Luis I bought two apartments and his company agreed to put the deposit of one onto the other and i pay 50% and have one apartment.When my solicitor met with Duja Luis was in plaace and said NO. Now i have a court case as he had no leeway with his negotiations and i even offered to pay his finders fee
Old Mar 21st 2011, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

Hayles is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in Golf Phase 1. If we could get Condo fees and/or owners for the empty apartments the development would look ok

I use the apartment when I can and try to rent it out for the rest of the year. I advertise on Ownersdirect - has anyone any success using agents or alternative websites?
Old Aug 17th 2011, 9:44 am
Just Joined

robertomartins is an unknown quantity at this point

I received an email yesterday from amandio batista and was hoping someone could shed some light on this.
I have not received any bill or communication from anyone about this before.

Email
Dear Owners,

This e mail is sent to you all to let you know how serious the situation now is on Golf 2 & 3 complexes. Following the issue of bills in June to around 80 owners, only 32 have paid for the services to keep everything going through the summer period until the condominium is formed during or after the administration process. This has paid overdue water and electricity bills. The majority of this money paid the water bill so that it was not cut off. If everybody had paid, we would not have a problem and you would have properties in well maintained blocks with clean pools and tidy gardens.

The pools and gardens have not been cleaned for 6 days now. The company who provide the pool and gardening services are owed around 4,500 euros and we only have around 1600 euros left from those owners who have paid. The water is starting to turn green. The weeds and rubbish are starting to get out of control. For those of you who rent, you will have a huge problem.

We are literally firefighting!

We know that a lot of e mails are flying around between owners and different property management companies. If anybody is unsure of the situation and would like to know exactly how the services are allocated, you only have to ask. Please ask us, NOT anybody else. We are the company who collect the funds and to whom the communal bills are sent and settle the same.

We find it extraordinary that some management companies have been instructing clients not to pay. How on earth can services be provided if they are not paid for?

The situation is simple, the administration process will be a long one. The bank will be the majority owner and the banks decisions re communal issues will be the majority vote (around 75%). In the meantime, until everything is settled, we need owners to pay so that services can continue. Inevitably there will be those who simply will not pay, these will be dealt with through other processes. Please do not let other bad debtors stop you from paying.

We do not want to see these blocks, pools and gardens fall into disrepair. Surely you want to protect and look after your investment?

Please reply individually to this e mail immediately and we will send you your individual bills and bank details for payment. This is urgent and we need these bills to be paid NOW.

Please send this emails for others owners, please.

Thank you

Amandio Batista

Direct Tel: 00 351 91 7599750

Office Tel: 00 351 281 370001
Old Aug 17th 2011, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

I have sent you a message regarding your queery
Old Aug 17th 2011, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud of

The problem might be that not all the appartments are sold in which case those that are unsold are the responsibility of the porperty company (or companies) who has/have to pay the condominium fees. Just my throughts
Joao

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.