Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Antigen test to enter PT

Antigen test to enter PT

Old Oct 13th 2021, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

Pilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Antigen test to enter PT

Originally Posted by chislenko
Hi Pilot, I appreciate you will know more than most given your job but where are you getting the "No PLF" from. On the gov.uk it still shows as required.
No problem at all, as we can all see its a complete mess out there. Sadly busy with work so I Havnt chased up where the info is provided.
I flew back briefly a couple of days ago and at both the check-in and gate was told none needed, I asked to check the system myself and it did state "no plf required", on landing at Lisbon I asked the SEF border agent if required as they didn't ask to see it either and was told no by them also. (I may add being a cautious type and it only taking a few seconds I'd already completed one anyway)

Maybe it's not filtered down to the usual websites, maybe people/staff are past caring, maybe it's still required but the airlines are no longer being asked to check it.
I must admit that I've always wondered how you can show a completed plf for PT before being allowed to check in and one section being "seat number" that can't be left blank. With many locost tickets you don't get given a seat number until checked in. Catch 22
Old Oct 13th 2021, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

Pilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Just to clarify that PT to UK a PLF is 100% required.
Its UK to PT that's unsure (as alluded, do one anyway it takes 30secs)
Old Oct 13th 2021, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pilotabroad
Just to clarify that PT to UK a PLF is 100% required.
Its UK to PT that's unsure (as alluded, do one anyway it takes 30secs)
Did you upload a Portuguese PLF before checking in online? If so, there should/would have been no further need to show one.
Old Oct 13th 2021, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by RichardHenshall
Did you upload a Portuguese PLF before checking in online? If so, there should/would have been no further need to show one.
No, I see iwhat I've stated above could be perceived a different way than intended so to clarify I went to the check in myself.
Plus I did say that I asked and read the info myself.

Last edited by Pilotabroad; Oct 13th 2021 at 10:03 am.
Old Oct 13th 2021, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pilotabroad
... Its UK to PT that's unsure ...
80 posts over 6 pages and finally we have something we can all agree on!
Old Oct 13th 2021, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

ARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond repute

The gov.uk website has been updated today:-

“Addition of information on checking airlines recognition of the NHS COVID pass for entry to mainland Portugal ('Entry requirements' page)

· you do not need to have a COVID-19 test to enter Portugal, however some airlines have not yet updated their requirements. Check with your airline before you travel
Old Oct 14th 2021, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

robbie20 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RichardHenshall
80 posts over 6 pages and finally we have something we can all agree on!
Anybody read anything in the UK press about having to be screened when entering Portugal now ? We are going at half term and my friend says she has just read we now all must have temperature checked on entering Portugal. I have not seen this myself. Thanks
Old Oct 14th 2021, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

ARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robbie20
Anybody read anything in the UK press about having to be screened when entering Portugal now ? We are going at half term and my friend says she has just read we now all must have temperature checked on entering Portugal. I have not seen this myself. Thanks
This is on gov.uk:-

On arrival in mainland Portugal

You will be subject to health screening on arrival. If your temperature is 38ºC or over or you show signs of being unwell, you may be required to take a COVID-19 test and remain at the airport until you receive your test result.

If you are travelling from the UK or another non-EU/EEA country, you may be asked to show your COVID-19 vaccination certificate or negative COVID-19 test at border control.
Old Oct 14th 2021, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

toots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond repute

Gov.uk almost contradicting themselves again. #82 to #84 re tests. It really is a farce now and needs to end. No tests for vaxxed .Tests for non vaxxed.
Old Oct 14th 2021, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by toots sweet
Gov.uk almost contradicting themselves again. #82 to #84 re tests. It really is a farce now and needs to end. No tests for vaxxed .Tests for non vaxxed.
Are you suggesting that those (vaxxed or not) displaying relevant symptoms should not be tested on arrival? We know that maybe a third of those with Covid may display no symptoms (and in the absence of testing may be sitting beside you) but is it not appropriate to retain the option to test those who do display symptoms? I would hope anyone displaying symptoms before boarding would be turned away or tested before departure.
Old Oct 18th 2021, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

atlasthemonk is an unknown quantity at this point

I have just flown into Lisbon from Scotland and no one asked for my PLF or antigen test.
I was shocked however at the passport control waiting time, well over an hour. The airport appears to be back to pre 2020 levels of passengers with hundreds of passengers from different parts of the world all in a snake que (supposedly 2 m behind one another but their shoulders are almost touching each other) waiting for passport inspection. A covid breeding ground and infection transmitting area . Other airports may be the same I dont know but something to be aware of.
Old Oct 18th 2021, 11:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

chislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by atlasthemonk
I have just flown into Lisbon from Scotland and no one asked for my PLF or antigen test.
I was shocked however at the passport control waiting time, well over an hour. The airport appears to be back to pre 2020 levels of passengers with hundreds of passengers from different parts of the world all in a snake que (supposedly 2 m behind one another but their shoulders are almost touching each other) waiting for passport inspection. A covid breeding ground and infection transmitting area . Other airports may be the same I dont know but something to be aware of.

Thanks for current information. The PLF (weren't they a liberation army in Palestine?) appears to be the odd one at the moment, no official notice they have been done away with but a few reports of not being asked for them.
Old Oct 20th 2021, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

As promised, here is a summary of my experience yesterday evening flying from MAN to FAO with easyJet.

At the bag drop I was greeted by an agent who asked to see my Passport, Passenger Locator Form and Vaccination Certificate. She informed me that I would not need to show the latter 2 at the gate as the gate staff will know they have already been checked. Sure enough, at the gate I only needed to show my boarding pass and Passport. I did witness other passengers (obviously those without hold luggage) being asked to show their PLF and Vaccination Certificate.

At Faro Passport Control, I initially only offered my Passport and after stamping my Passport the officer asked to see my Vaccination Certificate although “see” was as far as it went. I took the Certificate out of the blue NHS envelope still folded and with a cursory look without actually unfolding it and checking the details he had it back to me with my Passport. He did not ask to the PLF.
Old Oct 21st 2021, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

Artfuldodger128 is an unknown quantity at this point

These antigen tests are supposed to be PRE- departure tests, and so to me it would be somewhat illogical for them to be checked AFTER you got on the flight and landed at your destination airport.
What would the immigration guy do if you say you don't have the certificate? If you did have CV19, then you would have passed it on during the flight and everyone on the flight should immediately be quarantined.
The policy to have pre departure testing is dictated by the destination country government, but ultimately enforced and implemented by the airline. If airline answers only to their own government and there is a discrepancy in information provided then something will fall through that crack.

With all that said, with current daily UK CV19 figures at such a high level (and no sight of it going down) I wouldn't be that surprised if some harsher restrictions be brought back.