Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Antigen test to enter PT

Antigen test to enter PT

Old Oct 6th 2021, 1:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Antigen test to enter PT

Iā€™m in Spain now! I think the difference is that Spain mandates suitable vaccination but Portugal mandates the EU Digital Covid Certificate.
Old Oct 6th 2021, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

ARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RichardHenshall
Iā€™m in Spain now! I think the difference is that Spain mandates suitable vaccination but Portugal mandates the EU Digital Covid Certificate.
PT also mandates certificates issued by a third country, under reciprocal conditions. The stumbling block is when is reciprocity established?
Old Oct 6th 2021, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

Ajmandon is an unknown quantity at this point

Give me strength !!

If you are not sure go to your airlines website and follow their guidance or link to the UK.gov site......

As of today nothing has changed for UK passport holders arriving at Faro from the UK. To get on board the plane in the first place and then on arrival (to avoid the risk of quarantine, or the risk of having to take a test and wait for the result at the airport, or even refusal of entry) you should have: an NHS covid vaccination certificate (at least 14 days after second dose) , a negative pre departure test and a passenger locator form.

Any talk of "not recognised" or "reciprocity" relating to entry into Pt at the airport is just utter garbage and misleading at the moment. ....... I'm still waiting for an authoritative link supporting the last load of speculative tosh written on here.

Interestingly at Faro today, the UK passport holders were not being processed through all the "EU gates". As a dual National I whistled through an EU gate and the SEF border officer was not interested in the slightest with my Vax cert, test cert or PLF.
Old Oct 6th 2021, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

chislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ajmandon
Give me strength !!

If you are not sure go to your airlines website and follow their guidance or link to the UK.gov site......

As of today nothing has changed for UK passport holders arriving at Faro from the UK. To get on board the plane in the first place and then on arrival (to avoid the risk of quarantine, or the risk of having to take a test and wait for the result at the airport, or even refusal of entry) you should have: an NHS covid vaccination certificate (at least 14 days after second dose) , a negative pre departure test and a passenger locator form.

Any talk of "not recognised" or "reciprocity" relating to entry into Pt at the airport is just utter garbage and misleading at the moment. ....... I'm still waiting for an authoritative link supporting the last load of speculative tosh written on here.

Interestingly at Faro today, the UK passport holders were not being processed through all the "EU gates". As a dual National I whistled through an EU gate and the SEF border officer was not interested in the slightest with my Vax cert, test cert or PLF.
People are just having a discussion, on a discussion board.
Old Oct 6th 2021, 9:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ajmandon
ā€¦ As a dual National I whistled through ...
Is nationality relevant?
Old Oct 6th 2021, 11:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

chislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond repute

Is nationality relevant?
I think Richard it was an "I'm all right Jack, look at me" post.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.
Old Oct 6th 2021, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

robbie20 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chislenko
I think Richard it was an "I'm all right Jack, look at me" post.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.
Well said, exactly what I was thinking.
Old Oct 7th 2021, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

toots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond repute

Ajmandon..."If you are not sure go to your airlines website and follow their guidance".

I don't think so. They are giving incorrect and misinterpreted info. Use PT and UK gov websites.

As you say PLF,Vax cert and if not Eu cert ..negative test.
However that is for flight arrival. Come by land and you need nothing to get into PT.(Spain rules apply) No negative test and NHS cert accepted.(poss good idea to have PLF)

Old Oct 8th 2021, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

ARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond repute

The UK .gov website has been updated to confirm PT's acceptance of the NHS Certificate https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...y-requirements
Old Oct 8th 2021, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

easyJet have also updated their website to reflect these changes https://www.easyjet.com/en/covid-19-...y-requirements
Old Oct 8th 2021, 6:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ARCNET
The UK .gov website has been updated to confirm PT's acceptance of the NHS Certificate https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...y-requirements
That's good news.
Old Oct 8th 2021, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BillBullock
That's good news.
It is indeed. Now we just need confirmation of the forthcoming new protocol for the day 2 test when returning to the UK. According to Mr Shapps that is due to be announced very shortly.
Old Oct 8th 2021, 7:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ARCNET
easyJet have also updated their website to reflect these changes https://www.easyjet.com/en/covid-19-...y-requirements
I mentioned that a couple of days ago (Antigen test to enter PT) and am glad to see the gov.uk update to confirm. The puzzling thing, for me, is the apparent lack of any announcement in Portugal.
Old Oct 8th 2021, 10:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Great news if it is fact, but I am saying nothing in case someone comes along and gives me a b-llicking šŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒ.

Seriously, really hope it is right, just booked to come out for our wedding anniversary in easily December.

Be the first visit in nigh on two years, the gas company that has been sending us a zero bill for the last two years will be made up when we actually use some!!
Old Oct 9th 2021, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Rambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond repute

I mentioned that a couple of days ago (Antigen test to enter PT) and am glad to see the gov.uk update to confirm. The puzzling thing, for me, is the apparent lack of any announcement in Portugal.
Safe Communities and Brits in Portugal on Facebook are reporting the new changes since last night. Not seen anything in the press yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.