Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

WA Police International Transition recruitment

WA Police International Transition recruitment

Old Nov 3rd 2022, 9:09 am
Just Joined

Jay1591 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WA Police International Transition recruitment

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone could help out, I'm serving Sgt in UK England, and applied for international transition recruitment, I understand I will lose my rank, which I don't mind lol, I have had email today after completing application form and uploading my documents that I've passed first stage, can you explain what's next step of process and what it involves. Also from what I've read up costs of visa and travel are my expenses? Also last question, if passed at all stages would you recommend renting to start off with and then buying a home? Me and wife in position to buy a house if we sell ours here, just a thought lol, also have two young kids 4 year old daughter and 6 year old son, I'm assuming education is better for children there than UK. Everyday I see UK slipping Deeper in to the dark hole, as Sgt I have to keep team up and no support what so ever, government here are deluded and making living off our misery. Final question, do I have to pay for visas before we come out etc, thanks again and sorry for all questions
Old Nov 3rd 2022, 9:28 am
Just Joined

Moocher90 is an unknown quantity at this point

I also got my confirmation today that I have passed the first round. @ jay1591 I also would like similar answers so hopefully someone on the thread can help

Last edited by Moocher90; Nov 3rd 2022 at 11:01 am.
Old Nov 3rd 2022, 12:03 pm
Just Joined

Jacjos is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Very informative thread to date. I have also applied, been ready and waiting for years. Can I be cheeky and ask how long it took for a update from submitting your application? Thanks
Old Nov 3rd 2022, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

The application process has only been out two weeks and I applied on 20th October within a few days of it going live so not long at all.

Last edited by Moocher90; Nov 3rd 2022 at 12:15 pm.
Old Nov 3rd 2022, 12:16 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the quick response. I applied last Friday, fingers crossed some news soon 🀞.
Bit of history of me;
18 years service now, worked in various departments, both proactive and reactive. Love the job, hence I would want to continue. Yes it’s difficult and even more so now as it seems we are questioned everyday on the minority actions. I have always wanted to go to Oz, been to the country a few times and just love it. I have 2 sons and a fantastic wife, as already mentioned I am just scared of where the UK is heading. I don’t do social media so I’ll keep an eye on this. Cheers guys πŸ‘
Old Nov 3rd 2022, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

mossy1986 is an unknown quantity at this point

I applied on the 19th October and had my confirmation today of going to the next stage. I believe this first but was just an eligibility check.

I’m 36 and have 6 years on the job. Done first few years on response and now currently Mounted. I’d relish the chance to get back into general duties though. I sometimes miss the fast pace. I have a partner and 2 lovely daughters aged 6 and 2. It’ll be a big deal for them if it comes off but I think it’ll be worth it. I have many friends in WA one it which transferred over to Wapol about 10 years ago.

Best of luck to you all.
Old Nov 3rd 2022, 12:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jay1591
just a thought lol, also have two young kids 4 year old daughter and 6 year old son, I'm assuming education is better for children there than UK.
This would be a question for the main Australia forum, any general questions about Australian lifestyle should be directed there, as this forum is just for policing related enquires really so you're likely to get more response in the main forum.

HTH.
Old Nov 3rd 2022, 1:00 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

As a born and bred Perthie, my management job in local government included responsibility for a team of community safety officers (civilians employed by my LG, not WAPol). By far the best employee I ever had was a man who'd been a police officer in the UK, and had immigrated to Australia (he came over on an independent points based visa, not an employee sponsorship).

He wasn't interested to joining the police service here, and I'm not sure if he would have eligible to do so if he'd wanted to. He applied for and got a community safety officer job my local government had advertised. To my mind he was way overqualified for the job, which revolved mainly around community safety education, but he impressed me so much that he was offered the job. Six months later I nominated him for the lead position on my team, Community Safety Coordinator, which he again was brilliant at. This lad just shone at all aspects of the job, from liaising with the officer in charge of the local police station, to running community education sessions for diverse groups such as seniors, people with a disability, and newly arrived migrants from diverse cultures.

When a Manager's job came up in another division of my organisation, I encouraged him to apply for it. I didn't want to lose him from my division, but I knew he would be very effective in a Manager role and he deserved the job. He got the job and is now on $170,000 per year with excellent benefits.

Just an anecdote of how well the skills of UK police officers are received here, at least in my LG organisation. Best of luck to all of you applying for the transitional program. The UK's loss will be our gain.

Pincher, many thanks from this member of the Perth community for all the information you've provided to potential recruits I reckon you should hit up Mark McGowan for a spotter's fee ​​​​​​

Old Nov 3rd 2022, 1:37 pm
Just Joined

Rachwales is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi my husband is a Sgt with 25yrs service and has just received an email saying he’s got through the 1st stage. Does anyone know what the next stage entails? Also, my husband at this moment in time is not 100% convinced that this is the right move for us, however I think it it is. Concerns are our daughter is hopefully attending university next year and how this would affect her with her being able to join us afterwards (total novice at this process) and secondly my husbands UK police pension.. what happens with this.. I was ill health retired from the police 18 months ago but wanting to work in some capacity if we moved (currently working as a seasonal border force officer) just wondering process of spouses being able to work.
Old Nov 3rd 2022, 2:35 pm
Almost there...

Pincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud of

Although I came here as a Transitional, I had to come to Perth to do my tests ( long story).
All the others on my course did all the tests in London with a WAPol recruitment team. So I reckon that will be the next step. They're still sorting things out at the academy so I've no time scale as to when the next stage will happen. Try not to contact the recruitment team unless it's absolutely necessary as they will be overwhelmed with work.
They recieved over 850 emails in the first 3 days, so have their hands full.
Old Nov 3rd 2022, 2:40 pm
Just Joined

Rachwales is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for reply, I thought that they may do the same process as they did back in 2012/2013 when their recruitment team came to UK, but was wondering if anyone has actually received any further confirmation of that. Will leave it a week or two and see what other contact happens. Fingers crossed 😁
Old Nov 3rd 2022, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

mossy1986 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rachwales
Thanks for reply, I thought that they may do the same process as they did back in 2012/2013 when their recruitment team came to UK, but was wondering if anyone has actually received any further confirmation of that. Will leave it a week or two and see what other contact happens. Fingers crossed 😁
I’m almost certain I read in the recruitment site that the interview would be online and it says to ensure you have a good internet connection. I’m unsure as to how they would run the physicals though and I’d assume they would have to come to London and put on a day for that. Hopefully find out soon.
Old Nov 3rd 2022, 3:09 pm
Almost there...

Pincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mossy1986
I’m almost certain I read in the recruitment site that the interview would be online and it says to ensure you have a good internet connection. I’m unsure as to how they would run the physicals though and I’d assume they would have to come to London and put on a day for that. Hopefully find out soon.
Well it might be an interview over Teams. They love it and use it for everything ! 😁
Old Nov 3rd 2022, 3:26 pm
Just Joined

Found these that might be of interest

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...j6ZCPkBkFujN5v
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...SzEA88iRRGissu Not sure how old the links are but some good info on them

Old Nov 3rd 2022, 4:08 pm
Just Joined

πŸ‘
Sound promising for u guys, best of luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.