"Frontex, the EU’s border force, swells in size"
https://www.economist.com/europe/202...swells-in-size

"Probe into EU border agency leaves some questions unanswered"
https://www.eastoregonian.com/corona...b3fc29660.html
Old Mar 30th 2021, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

Spagniol is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Frontex Border Guard

Despite rumors of a course that will take place in June where "basic" candidates won't be called, there has been no more new and reliable information.
It has to be admitted that waiting starts to be a normal thing ... probably many candidates have already moved on with their lives and others will. In the long term Frontex will be losing money invested in the admission process and valuable human resources from many countries.
Old Mar 30th 2021, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

Randello is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Spagniol
Despite rumors of a course that will take place in June where "basic" candidates won't be called, there has been no more new and reliable information.
It has to be admitted that waiting starts to be a normal thing ... probably many candidates have already moved on with their lives and others will. In the long term Frontex will be losing money invested in the admission process and valuable human resources from many countries.
The Facebook writing "Next batch is in planning phase, around 200. Start: 14. June 2021" is the only information that I have heard off officially/unofficially. And I believe in it because the author's previous pieces of information were correct. But soon they should send again these contracts because there are only 76 days to start the course.

Definitely, this experience has grown my patience a lot, but I can confess that I don't have the same passion/hunger to check my email or news about Frontex as I did months ago, somehow it feels numb. If they send the contract later, of course, I'm going to accept it and check it out, but it's not so glamorous as it was months ago.

The biggest problem which I have with this recruitment process is transparency. E.g. Sending emails to human recourses and for the 90%, they don't answer, even you had a tiny question about your own candidature which isn't in shape or direction top-secret information. Then if you do by some miracle receive an answer it says that the competition is still ongoing and candidates will be informed later..... really? The same competition where everyone had the same deadline to send their application. Maybe I am naive, but I don't see any equality in how they are treating the candidates. How there can be a candidate who has already received a contract, passed the training, and now is working in Frontex in comparison to a candidate who is still in a limbo situation.

Also, not giving any schedule or information to the candidates (which I can understand if they want to protect some intel or doesn't want to give numbers to the public), but then later publishing this information in Facebook or local newspapers with photos which can burn some candidates face regarding the future operations.

Lately, it has been embarrassing to see some friends or relatives after a long time, because they always ask about the Frontex and how it is and the only thing that you can tell is that I have no idea, no contract, no information, nothing........ even thinking alone that in the world is there some other recruitment process to some academy or workplace where you have been waiting over 471 days and still you have no idea about the situation? Quite sure there's not.

Hopefully, this post wasn't too pessimistic. For everyone, I wish you good luck, patience and let's try to be optimistic. If earlier waiting for a week was hard, now even waiting a month is a walk in a park.
Old Apr 8th 2021, 11:33 am
Just Joined

mp1992 is an unknown quantity at this point

According to rumours in FB, the new batch will consist on all 3 levels, i wish that Fx didnt keep candidates in the black for so long...it is indeed depressing to stay always expectant to a life changing opportunity without knowing what the current situation is.
Old Apr 9th 2021, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mp1992
According to rumours in FB, the new batch will consist on all 3 levels, i wish that Fx didnt keep candidates in the black for so long...it is indeed depressing to stay always expectant to a life changing opportunity without knowing what the current situation is.
I have also received some feedbacks. Still not sure about calling candidates at the basic level, it's a detail that I think Frontex isn't sure about yet.
Everything indicates that in the last weeks of April the final decisions are made and the emails/proposals start to come to life.
Once again, we just have to wait. Calmly.
Old Apr 9th 2021, 11:34 am
Just Joined

Levan24 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the same information.
No basic level for the next call.
Old Apr 12th 2021, 10:40 am
Just Joined

valevaru is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone share with me any thoughts on what went wrong with the basic level and probably won't be included on the next batch as well?
Old Apr 12th 2021, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

Randello is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by valevaru
Can anyone share with me any thoughts on what went wrong with the basic level and probably won't be included on the next batch as well?
No idea, we can only speculate (Covid-19 restrictions, proportions, operational needs, candidates, recruitment mistake, or a possible 5th upcoming batch).

Also, we have some numbers and information about the previous three batches, E.g. 3rd batch included only the intermediate candidates. But for me, it is unclear the first two batches, which included applicants who had already worked for Frontex, what were the portions regarding basic, intermediate, and advanced candidates? And as well, does anyone know the amounts of the reserve list and limbo candidates?

If the rumors are true, this week they should send some contracts to candidates but does anyone know which day it will be? Or do we need to wait until Friday like usual?
Old Apr 12th 2021, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

Marek019 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by valevaru
There should be around 30 basic candidates in the next batch
Old Apr 13th 2021, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Marek019
There should be around 30 basic candidates in the next batch
I know from a reliable source that it's not yet certain that it will happen. There is even talk of the possibility of not including these candidates in the first call and depending on the number of people who don't accept the contract, make an assessment of whether it's worth calling them.

There are many shares on Facebook. Many show tables and numbers of vacancies to be filled but ignore the fact that many of these vacancies aren't for the "standing corps" but for professionals seconded by the countries ... as it has been up to now and will not stop being.

Everything will become clearer as the end of this month approaches. We will wait as always ... with serenity.
Old Apr 13th 2021, 5:17 pm
Just Joined

Redfive is an unknown quantity at this point

Th​​​ey sent AST4 contracts. No AD7 or Basic as it seems.
Old Apr 13th 2021, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Redfive
Th​​​ey sent AST4 contracts. No AD7 or Basic as it seems.
As I said, and if my source is correct, the basic candidates will have to wait a little longer.
Let's see the result of these email waves.
Old Apr 13th 2021, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

Luke34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone, my name is Luke, I'm in Ad7 r.l. (at least, that's what Frontex told me in the last email of January ..)
Spagnol, thanks for yours information. Since your sources seems to me quite reliable, for Ad7 level there will be any hope to receive an offer for this batch? or in this year, if you know.
Thanks and good luck to everyone is still waiting after such a long, long time.
Old Apr 13th 2021, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

Redfive is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Spagniol
As I said, and if my source is correct, the basic candidates will have to wait a little longer.
Let's see the result of these email waves.
do tou have any info for AD7???
Old Apr 13th 2021, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Luke34
Hi everyone, my name is Luke, I'm in Ad7 r.l. (at least, that's what Frontex told me in the last email of January ..)
Spagnol, thanks for yours information. Since your sources seems to me quite reliable, for Ad7 level there will be any hope to receive an offer for this batch? or in this year, if you know.
Thanks and good luck to everyone is still waiting after such a long, long time.
Unfortunately, I can't add much more. I believe, it's a personal conviction, that the AD7 are more or less in the same situation as the "basic" ... maybe even a little worse if they didn't also bet in the "intermediate" position.

I am convinced that anyone who isn't called for this course (June 2021) will only be called for a course in 2022.

After so much silence this week should bring a lot of answers. Let's wait.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.