Club One Five '0'

Old Feb 19th 2005, 2:03 pm
A&M
Forum Regular

A&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant future
Default Re: Club One Five '0'

Originally Posted by brian1
Is anyone else watching re-runs of 'house doctor' on UK Style in the hope of catching the odd selling snippet?

If not, don't forget, de-clutter, present a blank canvass by painting the walls with with neutral colours and take down those family photos!!.

Don't be offended if someone says your house suffers 'doggy odour', do something about Rex, chief, meg or Ben. No, don't put them down!! even if they do cost an arm a leg and a head to take to Oz. Buy some cheap neutral carpets and light some candles to ward off the whiff.

It's all about finishing touches, so finish off all those small odd jobs you've been meaning to do for ages and put a mirror in the hall to create an illusion of space.

Don't mean to nag but after all, I am the only gay in the 1-5-0 club. (Ivory in B+Q is an excellent neutral colour for walls, we've got it everywhere, the house looks as if it's doubled in size.)

Brian,

PS

DC in the Met @ Streatham. Glad someone else is snowed under in robberies!!
Brian

If I didn't know better, I'd think you had a City & Guilds in Interior Design!!! Everything you said, however is quite true .... how do I know? I studied interior design for three years. It doesn't matter what you do though, people still want more!!!(or is it less?)

Keep knocking out the tips! Ambi Pur is particularly good for doggie odours - we have one in every room. Superdrug are currently doing a buy one get one free offer ... well worth it at a fiver a go! but they do last for 75 days. They'll still be chucking out scent when we're long gone! (hopefully)

Ang
Old Feb 19th 2005, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

ronniecat25 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by A&M
Brian

If I didn't know better, I'd think you had a City & Guilds in Interior Design!!! Everything you said, however is quite true .... how do I know? I studied interior design for three years. It doesn't matter what you do though, people still want more!!!(or is it less?)

Keep knocking out the tips! Ambi Pur is particularly good for doggie odours - we have one in every room. Superdrug are currently doing a buy one get one free offer ... well worth it at a fiver a go! but they do last for 75 days. They'll still be chucking out scent when we're long gone! (hopefully)

Ang
Hi chaps,
Nice advice on the dogs but I found that if you line the dogs up in a row you can still get cheap shotgun catridges at 15p a go therefore saving £4.85 on the ambipur!

Only kidding girls my two spaniels are still alive and well. However my shotgun certificate ran out today and cost me £40 quid to renew for what I hope is only going to be about a week.No point taking my guns downunder they give us some free.

Pressure washed the outside of the house today, you forgot to mention that Brian. Also another tip trip.

I'm sorry but I draw the line at painting over my blood red living room wall. If they make adverse comments about it it will hide the marks where I give them a dig. Ooops, my wife just reminded me that's not how you sell a house.

Off to my Xmas do now. TTFN.

Ronnie
Old Feb 19th 2005, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

scamp644 is an unknown quantity at this point

Have been reading the sites for some time now.
Got brave and thought I'd try a post on this one.
Interesting tips on decorating and removal of dogs/cats etc.

I was offered March on two occassions but had to turn it down due to court commitments :scared:
Anyone know what happens if you get a court warning whilst on the course?
Do you get back coursed???
Where do Sapol stand on officers having to return to the UK for cases???

Whilst reading the Sapol 60 I noticed a couple of this lucky troop already expressing an interest in office jobs, thats before touching down out there.
I was wondering is it front line coppers they want?
Looking at the age of the force, with 25% over 50 I would of thought they could fill the HR and admin posts from within.
Not wishing to upset or put peoples backs up surely we should be selling our selves as street fighting crime busters!!
No disrespect meant to anyone currently warming a swivel chair.
Lets hope the troop of pathfinders show Sapol how skilled we all are.

laters.
Old Feb 19th 2005, 6:49 pm
Just Joined

D and L will become famous soon enoughD and L will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: Club One Five '0'

Originally Posted by scamp644
Have been reading the sites for some time now.
Got brave and thought I'd try a post on this one.
Interesting tips on decorating and removal of dogs/cats etc.

I was offered March on two occassions but had to turn it down due to court commitments :scared:
Anyone know what happens if you get a court warning whilst on the course?
Do you get back coursed???
Where do Sapol stand on officers having to return to the UK for cases???

Whilst reading the Sapol 60 I noticed a couple of this lucky troop already expressing an interest in office jobs, thats before touching down out there.
I was wondering is it front line coppers they want?
Looking at the age of the force, with 25% over 50 I would of thought they could fill the HR and admin posts from within.
Not wishing to upset or put peoples backs up surely we should be selling our selves as street fighting crime busters!!
No disrespect meant to anyone currently warming a swivel chair.
Lets hope the troop of pathfinders show Sapol how skilled we all are.

laters.

Got no idea about the court thing 'cause I've been in a swivel chair for the last year !

Anyway, I've done my bit doing earlys lates and nights, and as it happens, happy to do it again at the frontline in Oz and as such have been training hard (no, not a gym meat head but just trying to shift the luvhandles), to give the right impression to the SA police and the MOP's when we get there 'cause they'll all be looking. I hadn't seen the other posts, but I'd agree that they are after bodies on the street. I did think it was interesting when Bryonie(?spelling), was giving her resume, she sounds as if she's spent nearly all her service inside. Maybe that's what they do over there, a few years out then the rest inside. Personally, I'm going for quality of life outside a building so I've got no intentions of getting an internal role in Oz. Here though, the last year has been far and away the easiest, most stress free of my 15 yrs service.

Having a 'mare tonight. I've got both the boys to myself. Laura is a part time civvie in Herts and is on a 4-12 tonight. I think I'm gonna have to up the housekeeping, she doesn't paid enough to look after my monsters all the time ! I've been puked on twice already !

What I'd give to be able to crack open a tinnie outside looking out onto the sea !!!!

Dan.
Old Feb 19th 2005, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

zoe100 will become famous soon enoughzoe100 will become famous soon enough

Hi all.

I had the impression from everything that we were told that they wanted front line officers not admin personnel.
I read reports that SAPOL had problems allocating officers to calls so they are going to need more feet on the street.

I for one look forward to being on the beat in the sunshine with 6 weeks paid annual leave rather than 168hrs broken down into 12hr days i.e 2weeks to be taken at my leisure during the twelve month wet season here

I have also got my eye on the S.T.A.R. group but we've got to get there first!!!!!!

I will be in work up until Thursday so not alot of time to think about it all and we've got a party to go to on the weekend so fingers crossed we might get an e-mail whilst away (keeping the mind occupied and all that) :scared:

Take care all.

Lee and Zoe
Old Feb 20th 2005, 7:24 am
Don't ask.....

Renters is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello All

Just back from skiing ......whats happening at the end of Feb?
Old Feb 20th 2005, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

Rippo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Renters
Hello All

Just back from skiing ......whats happening at the end of Feb?
Hi Kevin,

Just sent you a PM, however for anyone else not sure what's happening at the end of February. SUPT Linda from SAPOL HR said that the Commissioner was likely to have made a decision about further course(s), if, when, and who, hopefully around that time. She said she would email us all with his decision, and if there was a further course, then sucessful pool applicants would be advised.

We are all waiting on tenderhooks fot that elusive email!

Ann
Old Feb 20th 2005, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

Rippo is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Club One Five '0'

Hi

I have just updated the SAPOL 150 webpage with a few more photos and info from you. Thank you all!

To view it just click here - don't forget to add it to your favourites!
(You may have to refresh your browser if you have viewed it before, otherwise you may just have the old page saved,)

Right - off to do some decorating.

Ann
Old Feb 20th 2005, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

CheshirePS is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I was told about this forum by a friend and have found it very useful. I am also one of the Club One Five '0' unfortunately for me cause I couldn't get everything organised for the March intake.
I couldn't go to the Open Day as I was on holiday at the time so would appreciate any input on the day that any of you might be able to give me and what was said. I have read about the e mail that we are supposed to be receiving in or around the 28th, is this the only indication we have been given as to what is happening.
By the way I can't find this out but after the 12 weeks training period what will be the probationary period?
As I say any info would be appreciated and hopefully we shall all have some good news to celebrate on the 28th.
Thanks
Old Feb 20th 2005, 1:01 pm
Just Joined

Ink8455 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,

We've been trying to work out the costs, and wondered if we've missed anything?

Our family consists of 2 adults and 1 child.

Flights £1500 (seems best to go for an open flight as not much difference in one way)

Dogs (x2) £4000 + collection and possible additional kennel fees in Melborne.

20ft container £4000 (Allied Pickford)

Exchange rate ????

Loss in converting currency, and do the Government take a % ?????

The loss of selling everything over here that we've accumulated and still going (items, not us), against the cost or purchasing replacements over there.
Cars, furniture, TV, video, phones, tumble dryer(???), washing machine, LAWNMOWER. (You can't take lawnmowers)

Finally, wage, pension etc.

As we understand it, we will get our UK Police pension at 60 (or is it 65?).
Do we get any other UK pension?
Linda stated we can't buy in to the SAPOL pension, so has anyone worked out pension schemes? How much we have to pay in for the length of service we still have to do?

I was going to retire at 51 but that now seems like 60.

I would get £90,000 and £1300 a month if I retired today with 30 yrs service.

Is there anything we've overlooked?

We reckon, that the whole process should cost around £40,000 when the above is included and the probability that we will not get the best price for either our house or cars, and not including UK Police pension.

Any one with any other figures, or views?
Old Feb 20th 2005, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

peteg182 is an unknown quantity at this point

Afternoon everyone. Don't know about you but i scroll these pages and south australian news pages etc every day. I note that the official SAPOL website still has the details for UK officers wishing to join SAPOL. Is this just an oversight, are they still accepting applications and is this a good omen for the future as far as members of the 150 club are concerned????
Rippo's web site is looking good. If i new how to use a computer properly or what a PM was i might be able to send a picture. Might get our friends Ang and Mick to help out!

Pete
Old Feb 20th 2005, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ink8455
Hi Guys,

We've been trying to work out the costs, and wondered if we've missed anything?

Our family consists of 2 adults and 1 child.

Flights £1500 (seems best to go for an open flight as not much difference in one way)

Dogs (x2) £4000 + collection and possible additional kennel fees in Melborne.

20ft container £4000 (Allied Pickford)

Exchange rate ????

Loss in converting currency, and do the Government take a % ?????

The loss of selling everything over here that we've accumulated and still going (items, not us), against the cost or purchasing replacements over there.
Cars, furniture, TV, video, phones, tumble dryer(???), washing machine, LAWNMOWER. (You can't take lawnmowers)

Finally, wage, pension etc.

As we understand it, we will get our UK Police pension at 60 (or is it 65?).
Do we get any other UK pension?
Linda stated we can't buy in to the SAPOL pension, so has anyone worked out pension schemes? How much we have to pay in for the length of service we still have to do?

I was going to retire at 51 but that now seems like 60.

I would get £90,000 and £1300 a month if I retired today with 30 yrs service.

Is there anything we've overlooked?

We reckon, that the whole process should cost around £40,000 when the above is included and the probability that we will not get the best price for either our house or cars, and not including UK Police pension.

Any one with any other figures, or views?

GULP!!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 20th 2005, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by peteg182
GULP!!!!!!!!!
Apparently we can join SAPOL's triple 'S' pension scheme,( details on SAPOL web site ) i think that similar to a suprannuation pension sceme.
Old Feb 20th 2005, 1:40 pm
Just Joined

Afternoon everyone. Don't know about you but i scroll these pages and south australian news pages etc every day. I note that the official SAPOL website still has the details for UK officers wishing to join SAPOL. Is this just an oversight, are they still accepting applications and is this a good omen for the future as far as members of the 150 club are concerned????
Rippo's web site is looking good. If i new how to use a computer properly or what a PM was i might be able to send a picture. Might get our friends Ang and Mick to help out!

Pete

I telephoned SAPOL in Oz, last week and was told that I could still apply but would have to travel to Oz to take all the tests. Linda Williamson stated at the open day that we, the 150, are in a closed pool, however a friend who failed the exam was told he could reapply next year as they were looking to recruit again, next year. That was said to him by Scott but before the other intakes this year, were cancelled.
Old Feb 20th 2005, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

Apparently we can join SAPOL's triple 'S' pension scheme,( details on SAPOL web site ) i think that similar to a suprannuation pension sceme.

Yep, but have you worked out any figures of what we need to pay in?

I have 16 years service and am 37, leaving me 22 years to pay into their scheme.

What can I expect after 22 years subcription and retiring at 60?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.