Club One Five '0'

Old Feb 21st 2005, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

gjc38 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Club One Five '0'

Originally Posted by tksb
Good Idea,
Hopefully, if I've got it right, the link will appear as signature, but if it's not there give me time.
Haven't said much lately, too busy pulling what's left of may hair out!!!
Hoping that we may hear before the weekend, and they won't drag it out to the end of the month - Monday!
I was there on the information day and have come away with the impression that we all - 150 of us - would know by the end of the month, did everyone else think this, or is my paranoia getting the better of me?

Trev.
That's what I heard too - indeed I'm sure they said that if heard earlier than that then you would too.

Judes
Old Feb 21st 2005, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

scamp644 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just had a quick look at the photo section.

On a minor point which people may not of considered;
Are the Oz press anything like ours???
Eg. if a recently joined ex UK officer is involved in an incident where shots are fired ( they are an armed force) and someone is injured or dies, the press may well take alot of interest.
Lets not kid our selves that people in Oz are not looking at these sights!!
There on display is a picture of that officer and his family. :scared:
The UK press would have it down loaded and stored just incase.
It may be worth thinking about before putting pics of your partner or kids on it???

Laters.
Old Feb 21st 2005, 1:53 pm
servibabe

servibabe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scamp644
Just had a quick look at the photo section.

On a minor point which people may not of considered;
Are the Oz press anything like ours???
Eg. if a recently joined ex UK officer is involved in an incident where shots are fired ( they are an armed force) and someone is injured or dies, the press may well take alot of interest.
Lets not kid our selves that people in Oz are not looking at these sights!!
There on display is a picture of that officer and his family. :scared:
The UK press would have it down loaded and stored just incase.
It may be worth thinking about before putting pics of your partner or kids on it???

Laters.
Very good point and i did think of it, but due to myself and H not having any kiddies we thought this wouldnt be a concern, but maybe the ones with children may want to think about it.
Old Feb 21st 2005, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

Rippo is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Club One Five '0'

Hi,

Has anyone had their medicals already? We had ours 3 weeks ago, and they were sent of over a week ago to Oz house. Are we supposed to receive some sort of notification that they have received them? I thought we would be given a reference number which we would then put on the visa when it is submitted so they could marry the two up?

Anyone know?

It's just that after spending over £500 I need to know if they have received them!

Ann
Old Feb 21st 2005, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

IRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant future

Hi Ann

If you go on the Australian High Commision (London) website, there is a 'first enquiries?' email address in the visa section, but i'm sure they will answer you question.

They usally are pretty prompt at getting back.

Hope all is well with you, Rich and the girls

Dawn
Old Feb 21st 2005, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

Rippo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by IRONS
Hi Ann

If you go on the Australian High Commision (London) website, there is a 'first enquiries?' email address in the visa section, but i'm sure they will answer you question.

They usally are pretty prompt at getting back.

Hope all is well with you, Rich and the girls

Dawn
Thanks Dawn,

I will take a look tomorrow, off in a few minutes for Zoe's swimming lesson.

I hope every thing is going well for you with the big move!

Ann
Old Feb 21st 2005, 4:25 pm
Just Joined

peteg182 is an unknown quantity at this point

A Spanish friend of mine Juan, born on Feb 22nd 1955 is celebrating his 1/2 century on this earth tomorrow.......thought i might put him onto the club Juan five '0' site!!!!

Just to lighten the mood whilst we wait to find out our fate

It's snowing like crazy here. Nice to see what we might be missing though, although the kids love it!!!

Last edited by peteg182; Feb 21st 2005 at 5:11 pm.
Old Feb 21st 2005, 4:35 pm
Claguey

claguey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CheshirePS
I have a friend that lives in Adelaide and she emigrated out there last year. The electrical system is the same so a quick change of the plugs will make all appliances taken over there work. One word of note however is that TV's taken over there will not accept the incoming signal so if you want to take them over for playstations or for UK videos/DVD then okay but otherwise you will have to buy or rent a new one
Hope that helps
Hiyer mate, our mutual friend told me about you, hope to see you over there later this year. We got our medical results through today, all clear so only the visas to wait for now.
Good luck
Phil.
Old Feb 21st 2005, 5:14 pm
Just Joined

CheshirePS is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by claguey
Hiyer mate, our mutual friend told me about you, hope to see you over there later this year. We got our medical results through today, all clear so only the visas to wait for now.
Good luck
Phil.
It was surprise to find out someone I knew would be out there. Hopefully I will be out there in a few months and you can show me and my family around. The very best of luck to you and keep in touch and let us all know what it is like.
Cheers
Old Feb 21st 2005, 5:36 pm
Just Joined

tksb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rippo
Hi,

Has anyone had their medicals already? We had ours 3 weeks ago, and they were sent of over a week ago to Oz house. Are we supposed to receive some sort of notification that they have received them? I thought we would be given a reference number which we would then put on the visa when it is submitted so they could marry the two up?

Anyone know?

It's just that after spending over £500 I need to know if they have received them!

Ann
Ann,

We also have gone ahead and had the medicals done, two weeks ago. When I spoke to Scott he said the medicals would be filed with the federal goverment dept of Australia House, would be interested to hear how you get on, I was going to ring later this week.

After spending all that money thought I might just make sure they've got there and are held on file!

Trev.

Last edited by tksb; Feb 21st 2005 at 5:46 pm.
Old Feb 21st 2005, 8:26 pm
servibabe

Thanks Dawn,

I will take a look tomorrow, off in a few minutes for Zoe's swimming lesson.

I hope every thing is going well for you with the big move!

Ann
Ann H and I had ours done on 7th Feb, guessing they are where they are meant to be, i cant bring myself to ring Oz House at the mo, but reading the replies i am hoping they are there.

i have sent you photos of us, first sent it to Cpudds....silly me... blonde moment . hope they reach you ok, had to scout through the sent emails and resend it to you.. i dont have a clue about attachments and things.

i have been scouring through the Customs site today trying to work out how much TAX :scared: we will have to pay on our motorcycles, we are hoping not alot as they are all classics. I have sent am email to them asking them.

Coral and H
Old Feb 21st 2005, 8:51 pm
A&M
Forum Regular

A&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant future

Hi,

Anyone know?

Ann
Hi Ann & Rich

We had contact from Oz House today. I emailed Scott re an extra xray form (they only gave us 2 instead of 3) and we had ours done today. Fortunately we were able to borrow one from a friend. We were told by Petra that everything will now be handled by SAPOL. Scott is currently away skiing (don't know why - we have perfectly good snow here!!!)

Ang
Old Feb 21st 2005, 8:59 pm
servibabe

Can anyone help me?... I registered with the new forum today, but did not put on a post, I cant get on now as it will not recognise my name or password. It is saying to contact the administrator, how the hell do i do that.
I hate these things.

Off to watch East Enders, i understand that.

Coral
Old Feb 21st 2005, 9:45 pm
SFM
Just Joined

SFM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by servibabe
Can anyone help me?... I registered with the new forum today, but did not put on a post, I cant get on now as it will not recognise my name or password. It is saying to contact the administrator, how the hell do i do that.
I hate these things.

Off to watch East Enders, i understand that.

Coral
Servibabe, I have reset your password and will pm it to you.
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 6:28 am
Just Joined

Kimbers is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: Club One Five '0'

Originally Posted by ronniecat25
Hi Kimbers,
I think it was a smelling error the 'pain pots' being everywhere but I know what you mean. We told the mother-in-law today. That brought on the pain pots. You'd think we were travelling to the moon. It's not even certain yet but from what Pete says it looks promising.
I still think the big thing for us is the fact that they really can't afford the bad publicity they would get if they let down 150 experienced cops at this stage.
I don't believe in psycic's but had a spooky experience with the Haywards Heath Citizen (free local paper) that siad I would be be considering a new job and it would be my choice after careful consideration if I took it. I haven't read my stars in 20 years and probably wont fo the next 20.
When we do find out it would be nice to meet up with any 150's local so maybe we could post some details of Forces/ Stations etc. I know my wife would like to meet any other mothers with kids before we go. My son is 9.
We would also like to consider sharing a container to keep cost down if anyone is interested.

Ronnie

Ronnie,

Sorry for the slow reply. Been down with the parents this weekend placating them and no time to log on!! Meeting up sounds like a good idea regardless of where we all are. There must be some 'mutual' meeting area we can arrange. If we're all gonna travel to the other side of the world I'm sure 2-3 hours to meet others around the country ain't gonna hurt - provided we can fit it into the medicals, house painting, car selling, pet jabbing, happy/stroppy kids schedules.

I'm currently a PS (won't be that for much longer when the sun calls!) and work at Ilford in the Met and know Pete. I'm single, no kids. Would love to meet up with any others that are in our situation.

Kimberley

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.