Club One Five '0'

Old Feb 22nd 2005, 6:54 am
Just Joined

Kimbers is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Club One Five '0'

Originally Posted by Rippo
Hi all, and welcome to Gail and Fraser, well done on taking the plunge and joining the thread.

I have started a (very) small webpage called 150 for us to add our photos and details for those who want it. If there is anything else people want ((as long as it is legal) just let me know. I can created a useful links page if people think that would be helpful. I am still waiting for your photos and info! Us Rippos are getting a little embarrised being the only ones there.

As for the site going quiet...well I was stuck at work on my own last night, and just thought everyone else must be out on the last night...felt lonely

BUT I did pick up a kebab on the way home and caught the end of Eastenders on BBC3 - :scared: , haven't watched it for ages...and saw the sky news report on SA, the poms were sitting in a park having a bbq, the sky was sooooo blue!

As for today, my lovely husband got up with the kids and has taken them out so I didn't wake up til 1030am.....(can't remember when I last stayed in bed that long!!) . I've got my painting gear on.....just need to get some enthusiasm to start. Decided to Ann Maurice the house, and bit of cleaning, neutralizing and decluttering!!

Going to cinema with my 6 yr old later. Probably going to watch Magic Roundabout. Has any one seen it? Is it any good? Maybe we should watch Racing Stripes instead?

Have a great weekend everyone,

Ann
Ann,

Don't have a computer at home any more. Sold it as part of the Ann Maurice de-cluttering. Technophobe anyway so wouldn't be able to link a piccie to e-mail to you. Have to send via snail mail or something.

Magic Roundabout - for the 6 year old or for you?

Kimberley.
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 6:57 am
Just Joined

Kimbers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Club One Five '0'

Originally Posted by brian1
Is anyone else watching re-runs of 'house doctor' on UK Style in the hope of catching the odd selling snippet?

If not, don't forget, de-clutter, present a blank canvass by painting the walls with with neutral colours and take down those family photos!!.

Don't be offended if someone says your house suffers 'doggy odour', do something about Rex, chief, meg or Ben. No, don't put them down!! even if they do cost an arm a leg and a head to take to Oz. Buy some cheap neutral carpets and light some candles to ward off the whiff.

It's all about finishing touches, so finish off all those small odd jobs you've been meaning to do for ages and put a mirror in the hall to create an illusion of space.

Don't mean to nag but after all, I am the only gay in the 1-5-0 club. (Ivory in B+Q is an excellent neutral colour for walls, we've got it everywhere, the house looks as if it's doubled in size.)

Brian,

PS

DC in the Met @ Streatham. Glad someone else is snowed under in robberies!!
So I can't paint the walls Burgundy or black then?
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 7:32 am
Just Joined

delr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by A&M
Hi Ann & Rich

We had contact from Oz House today. I emailed Scott re an extra xray form (they only gave us 2 instead of 3) and we had ours done today. Fortunately we were able to borrow one from a friend. We were told by Petra that everything will now be handled by SAPOL. Scott is currently away skiing (don't know why - we have perfectly good snow here!!!)

Ang
ola,mick and ang,dont know about perfectly good snow at home,sat in sunny sunny spain looking at the bleedin snow,could only happen to the rule clan.
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

Rippo is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Club One Five '0'

Hi Guys

As you all know SFM has created a great new website forum.

Police Forum

In it he has an area where you can upload your own photos directly to the site. You need to be a registered user to view these photos, and so I think it would be safer in the long run if we use his site and I close down the web page that I set up.

I will leave it a few days, and then delete it all!!

If anyone has trouble adding their photo to the new Police Forum Gallery, feel free to send it to me and I can resize it etc... and upload it for you.

With regards to info about each of us I am going to add a new thread under general on the new forum where we can add a paragraph or two about ourselves!

Ann
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 9:38 am
A&M
Forum Regular

A&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by delr
ola,mick and ang,dont know about perfectly good snow at home,sat in sunny sunny spain looking at the bleedin snow,could only happen to the rule clan.
Ola Del, Lorraine & Kids

Shame about the weather - could've saved yourself some money and stayed at home for snow!!

Bet you didn't pack for cold weather?

Adios Amigos!

Ang & Mick
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 10:54 am
Just Joined

delr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by A&M
Ola Del, Lorraine & Kids

Shame about the weather - could've saved yourself some money and stayed at home for snow!!

Bet you didn't pack for cold weather?

Adios Amigos!

Ang & Mick
to right we did not pack for the cold weather,but am amusing the locals parading aroud in my string vest and union jack shorts.......when in rome and all that
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

CheshirePS is an unknown quantity at this point

I read the following in the Adelaide Advertiser I don't know whether to be happy that they are defending the British bobby and will recruit the rest of the Club one Five')' or to wonder what will happen next.......let me know what you think, hopefully we should know for definate next week

Racial row over report on UK police
By State Political Reporter GREG KELTON
08feb05
A POLITICAL row has erupted over the recruitment of British police officers for South Australia with the Opposition being accused of "racial vilification".
Police Minister Kevin Foley launched a verbal attack on Liberal police spokesman Robert Brokenshire after he asked a question about a new report which casts doubt on the effectiveness of British police officers.
In a bid to speed up recruitment of 200 new officers for SA Police, officers are being recruited from Britain.
Mr Brokenshire asked whether the Government had considered a new report from an independent think-tank which said the U.S, France and Germany had all made a more effective job of combating crime than Britain.
He said the report contained severe criticism of British police.
Mr Foley told Parliament the question from Mr Brokenshire was "an absolute disgrace". "He has decided to go Brit-bashing," Mr Foley said.
"I don't think I have ever had a more offensive question put to me."
Mr Foley said it appeared the Opposition wanted to get into "some sort of racial vilification".
Mr Foley said there were immigrants from Britain working in the Parliament.
Mr Foley said Mr Brokenshire should apologise for his attack on the 60 British police officers who would take up positions with SA Police.
Mr Brokenshire later said outside Parliament Mr Foley had engaged in "bovver-boy tactics".
He said the comments indicated his embarrassment at failing to deliver extra police.
"Mr Foley's thuggery in Parliament is well known," Mr Brokenshire said.
"When he can't answer a question, or chooses not to because he and the Government are embarrassed, he resorts to personal abuse and deliberate misrepresentation."
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

ronniecat25 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CheshirePS
I read the following in the Adelaide Advertiser I don't know whether to be happy that they are defending the British bobby and will recruit the rest of the Club one Five')' or to wonder what will happen next.......let me know what you think, hopefully we should know for definate next week

08feb05
A POLITICAL row has erupted over the recruitment of British police officers for South Australia with the Opposition being accused of "racial vilification".
Police Minister Kevin Foley launched a verbal attack on Liberal police spokesman Robert Brokenshire after he asked a question about a new report which casts doubt on the effectiveness of British police officers.
In a bid to speed up recruitment of 200 new officers for SA Police, officers are being recruited from Britain.
Mr Brokenshire asked whether the Government had considered a new report from an independent think-tank which said the U.S, France and Germany had all made a more effective job of combating crime than Britain.
Mr Foley told Parliament the question from Mr Brokenshire was "an absolute disgrace". "He has decided to go Brit-bashing," Mr Foley said.
Mr Foley said it appeared the Opposition wanted to get into "some sort of racial vilification".
Mr Foley said Mr Brokenshire should apologise for his attack on the 60 British police officers who would take up positions with SA Police.
Mr Brokenshire later said outside Parliament Mr Foley had engaged in "bovver-boy tactics".
He said the comments indicated his embarrassment at failing to deliver extra police.
"When he can't answer a question, or chooses not to because he and the Government are embarrassed, he resorts to personal abuse and deliberate misrepresentation."
Ithink I like Mr Foley and this other geeser is getting on my **ts now. He clearly hasn't got a clue where does he think the law came from originally. Where do all his senior officers come for training in fact all the rest of the worlds Police come here to be trained.
I'm don't think Brokenshire will have any say in what happens but god help the first Brit who cocks up!
Still in a positive frame of mind.
Ronnie
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

zoe100 will become famous soon enoughzoe100 will become famous soon enough

Hi ann how are you all doing?

We are eagerly counting down the days until we hear if they are going to put us out of our misery and give start dates (fingers crossed).

I am glad I joined a wine club before christmas as the cheap but very good wine is helping a great deal

How are you and the Rippos all getting on? Are you resorting to friends like jim beam and jack daniels for comfort yet?

Could you do us a favour and forward our info to the new webpage which has been set up cos I can just about get access to this site, let alone move stuff around the place, cheers.

Oh well not long to go now (I'm not fooling anyone am I?!)

Take care.

Lee and Zoe

Originally Posted by Rippo
Hi Guys

As you all know SFM has created a great new website forum.

Police Forum

In it he has an area where you can upload your own photos directly to the site. You need to be a registered user to view these photos, and so I think it would be safer in the long run if we use his site and I close down the web page that I set up.

I will leave it a few days, and then delete it all!!

If anyone has trouble adding their photo to the new Police Forum Gallery, feel free to send it to me and I can resize it etc... and upload it for you.

With regards to info about each of us I am going to add a new thread under general on the new forum where we can add a paragraph or two about ourselves!

Ann
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

Ink8455 is an unknown quantity at this point

That was on the 8th. He's since being investigated for corruption, probably by a POM police officer. Here's hoping.
Anyway suffice to say old news.
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 10:40 pm
servibabe

servibabe is an unknown quantity at this point

can anyone help this is th message that i am getting when i try to log into the new Forum....Sorry, but your password cannot be retrieved because your account is currently inactive. Please contact the forum administrator for more information..... beats me.
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by servibabe
can anyone help this is th message that i am getting when i try to log into the new Forum....Sorry, but your password cannot be retrieved because your account is currently inactive. Please contact the forum administrator for more information..... beats me.
Hi Coral,

Once computers decide your not coming in they can be a right pain!!

I will contact the administrator for you and see if he can reset your details!

Also thanks for your photos. Would you like me to load them on to the new Police Forum site for you, as I am going to take my little page down soon?

Ann
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

Hi Everyone,

Lee and Zoe, No Problems re moving your photos - do you want me to add your info too?

Will probably do it tomorrow cos on a 10hr shift today, but have some time without kids or work tomorrow morning.

Re Alcohol....I have never needed an excuse to drink wine in the evening but it has stepped up just a little recently!!

Is everyone getting fed up with the constant "When are you going? Is your house on the market etc...." questions every time you walk down the corridor at work? - it is nice that people are interested, but they aren't helping matters, especially as they want to know the whole story! Just yesterday someone spoke to me about Oz and once I had told them the abridged version of events they kindly said "Let's hope you don't live to regret turning down March" ........ funny, I had never thought I might regret turning down March!

Rich has even got people who are after his job! He hasn't even resigned yet....

Well are we getting closer to knowing?

If Scott is on his hols, and SAPOL HR are busy with the 60, who is going to be letting us know in the next 5 days? I am not holding my breath on this one!

Ann
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 9:47 am
Claguey

claguey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all.

Scott is back off his hols if you want to pester him !!

Phil
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 12:19 pm
A&M
Forum Regular

A&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by CheshirePS

08feb05
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
It just goes to show that not only do we get a bashing from politicians in the UK but also from politicians in a country we are not even working in yet! ain't life in the job fun. All i can say is that the Australian politicians obviously do not know the determination of the British old bill :)
mick.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.