Philippines More Racist?

Old Jun 21st 2018, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

Feidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Philippines More Racist?

Originally Posted by liam_neeson
. ... Filipinos are NOT friendly and accommodating to foreigners! lol They are horribly racist, and will scam, cheat, rob, and murder us at any opportunity....
Difficult to comprehend why someone with such a negative view of Filipinos woud even consider living here; unless of course, they were simply trolling. No further evidence required!
Old Jun 21st 2018, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

liam_neeson is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Feidlimid
Difficult to comprehend why someone with such a negative view of Filipinos woud even consider living here; unless of course, they were simply trolling. No further evidence required!
Reported. Is there no one here, but trolls?
Old Jun 21st 2018, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

Curious, in this whole forum, is there no one who has something constructive to contribute? Can anyone else confirm that the cost of living has become unlivable in the past year?
Old Jun 21st 2018, 11:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

For some Expats the recent pick up in inflation may have led to economies eg eating out less or changing from KFC to Jollibee. For British Expats in particular the fall in the Pound against the PhP post Brexit referendum has definitely been the most important factor, down to the 50s at one point, with the recently recovered rate still not quite at pre-referendum levels. I think most realise that the Pound is not out of the woods yet and so will continue to exercise caution in spending. But for the vast majority of Expats these adjustments do not make it in any way "unlivable" here.

But for those locals at very low incomes the rise in the price of basic goods and services, officially 4.6% pa in May, must be painful. And you wonder about the stats as eg small cans of sardines on the grocery shelves seem to have risen in price by much more.

But they will continue to find a way to live, though probably with long term effects on their nutrition, health and children. No chance for them to bargain for higher wages, even if they have a salaried job. The government is promising more targeted help, but it certainly won't be generous or wide enough to fully make up their losses from the fall in the PhP and TRAIN.
Old Jun 22nd 2018, 1:18 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Curious, in this whole forum, is there no one who has something constructive to contribute? Can anyone else confirm that the cost of living has become unlivable in the past year?
No
Old Jun 22nd 2018, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Feidlimid

I am in total agreement. The OP does not state from which country he originated,however if he feels the Philippines is not to his liking he should return there. From what I have read of the OPs comments it is clear to me that he has absolutely no knowledge of the Philippines and is financialy iliterate and penniless. The Philippines has enough ‘Johnny Foreigners’ who are here for 2 reasons, namely crap pensions, or running away from issues in their country of birth.
There is no written rule that the Philippines is paradise for foreigners, however it is what you personally make of it, coming here without adequate funding and blaming Filipinos for your shortcomings is not the right way to go.
Old Jun 23rd 2018, 4:07 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikemike
Pinoy pride and nationalism do not go together very well.

That does not make them racist, just nationalistic

The culture of me, myself and I means that they take advantage of situations irrespective of their intended victims nationality. They will happily treat their own as badly as it takes to get what they want. we are not so special in this regard, some just like to think we are.
excellent point, and not just true of the Philippines, but some people will try to cheat any person out of money, regardless of nationality or class, because that's what they do. And yet many westerners perceive this as racism, not seeing the big picture.

I know it's not related to the Philippines, but when middle class Thais go island hopping it's exactly the same. Mr. Coconut farmer is going to take them got everything he can get.

this is the way of the world. Definitely not racism.

if anything, the westerners are often better prepared for all this, generally being more travelled, and more ready to try to find other on the spot solutions, that may involve walking in the sun for two minutes.
Old Jun 24th 2018, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mikek1

I am in total agreement. The OP does not state from which country he originated,however if he feels the Philippines is not to his liking he should return there. From what I have read of the OPs comments it is clear to me that he has absolutely no knowledge of the Philippines and is financialy iliterate and penniless. The Philippines has enough ‘Johnny Foreigners’ who are here for 2 reasons, namely crap pensions, or running away from issues in their country of birth.
There is no written rule that the Philippines is paradise for foreigners, however it is what you personally make of it, coming here without adequate funding and blaming Filipinos for your shortcomings is not the right way to go.
What the hell are you talking about? lol Did you post this on the wrong thread?

It is others here that say in only one year the country has become unbearable expensive and there is no place to rent now. Yet the salaries are still the same.

Last edited by liam_neeson; Jun 24th 2018 at 7:30 pm.
Old Jun 24th 2018, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
excellent point, and not just true of the Philippines, but some people will try to cheat any person out of money, regardless of nationality or class, because that's what they do. And yet many westerners perceive this as racism, not seeing the big picture.

I know it's not related to the Philippines, but when middle class Thais go island hopping it's exactly the same. Mr. Coconut farmer is going to take them got everything he can get.

this is the way of the world. Definitely not racism.

if anything, the westerners are often better prepared for all this, generally being more travelled, and more ready to try to find other on the spot solutions, that may involve walking in the sun for two minutes.
How is singling someone out because of their race...not racism?
Old Jun 24th 2018, 8:11 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

How is singling someone out because of their race...not racism?
What I said was

....but some people will try to cheat any person out of money, regardless of nationality or class, because that's what they do........

it's not about race, it's about perceived wealth, and the general dishonesty of the perpetrator.
Old Jun 24th 2018, 11:52 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

What I said was

....but some people will try to cheat any person out of money, regardless of nationality or class, because that's what they do........

it's not about race, it's about perceived wealth, and the general dishonesty of the perpetrator.
That's true. That happened to me with people I considered such close friends that I felt they were family. They stuffed me for a sizeable sum.
Old Jun 25th 2018, 4:19 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

What the hell are you talking about? lol Did you post this on the wrong thread?

It is others here that say in only one year the country has become unbearable expensive and there is no place to rent now. Yet the salaries are still the same.
what others?
Old Jun 25th 2018, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

What I said was

But... they only do it to whites. That is racism. When 100% of the company is Asian, and they refuse to hire the only white guy. Racism. When 100% of the company is Asian, and refuse to promote the white guy. Racism. When free installation for cable is 500 bucks, racism. When the taxi meter is broke. Racism.
Old Jun 25th 2018, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mikemike
what others?
Someone on here. Read the posts.
Old Jun 25th 2018, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

But... they only do it to whites. That is racism. When 100% of the company is Asian, and they refuse to hire the only white guy. Racism. When 100% of the company is Asian, and refuse to promote the white guy. Racism. When free installation for cable is 500 bucks, racism. When the taxi meter is broke. Racism.
I've employed managers and engineers in the UK that were not British, that does not make a racist, it just meant that the Brits were not up to the standard I required.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.