NCR llockdown

Old Jan 24th 2022, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NCR llockdown

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
Today's Worldometer is showing 24,938 new cases for the Philippines. Published at 16.00 today. Yesterday they reported 29,730.
I wonder who is responsible for passing these statistics on?
That was my typo today, yes 24,938! I just corrected it. Thanks.

Yesterday's Worldometer number was out by 100 or so, but when you click on their source, the DOH bulletin, its showing the correct 29,828.
Then for the day before its more than 100 out from what the DOH now say. And the same for the next day. I hope they eventually correct these numbers in their charts!
I can only guess that each day they are getting some early DOH number to meet their deadline, not the final one.
Old Jan 24th 2022, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Testing was down by about 10k due to the weekend effect but still the NCR number yesterday fell by just over 1.4k over the day before, to 4,018, and down to only 16.1% of national cases. For the top 6 NCR cities only QC had an increase in cases.....just a few at 1,030.

Only 4 regions reported more cases. Ilocos surprised with just over 900 more to 1,938. So did Cagayan Valley, with nearly 700 added over the day before to 1,632.

In the Visayas the CV region had 87 more and the Zamboanga Pen. had over 100 more to 619.

Most other cities had less cases but Cebu City had exactly the same total as yesterday, 846.
GenSan and Iligan cities each reported a few more cases.
Old Jan 24th 2022, 10:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

Dr John's latest video on Natural Immunity is very interesting and heartwarming.
So to all of those anti vaxxers stop being selfish!
Old Jan 24th 2022, 11:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dr John's latest video on Natural Immunity is very interesting and heartwarming.
So to all of those anti vaxxers stop being selfish!

Dr John emphasizes at one point in the video that vaccines are a good thing. But the way most people get their information now this result, and any others like it, will tend to be misinterpreted, sometimes deliberately, by anti vaxxers, and by the hesitant to strengthen their negative opinion of vaccination. That's why the study wasn't publicized by the CDC.
Also, would some crazy people deliberately try to infect themselves? The BBC news recently reported on one such case in E Europe.

On boosters I'm afraid the train, led by Israel, has already left the station, certainly in the developed countries. Although some who are behind in their vaccination roll out could save themselves money by restricting them.

How does this work in countries like the Philippines, where a high percentage of cases have been mild? Is the natural immunity still at a good level? The antibody tests Dr J talks about are not generally available to check that.
Old Jan 25th 2022, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Today a lower weekend affected total of 17,677 with positivity at a lower 37.2%. Possibly fell as testing dropped in the provinces? From backlog 1,356 cases and 6 late labs would have added about 140 cases.

Btw Worldometer has the correct figure today.

Recoveries 33,144

Deaths 79, 35 RDs
60 Jan, 4 Dec,1 Nov and 14 back to March.

Active: 247,451

Severe 1,502, up 3 Critical 30,8, down 1
Severe has crept up last few days.

NCR ICU 44%, down 3%. National 50%, down 1%
NCR continuing fall.

"Stealth" Omicron Variant (BA.2) predominant in most regions!

https://www.gmanetwork.com/news/tops...ons-doh/story/

World map of detection so far:

https://news.abs-cbn.com/news/01/25/...ooster-experts

Dr Gonzales contradicted about the effect of vaccination after infection by the California/NY data recently reviewed by Dr John in "Natural Immunity" yesterday.

Old Jan 25th 2022, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Even though a low test number yesterday there was another substantial fall, of nearly 1,300 cases, in the NCR. Yesterday at 2,751 and 15.4% of national cases.

Region 4A had about 700 less but CL bucked the trend with about 30 more cases.

For other regions all but SOCCSKSARGEN had less cases. It had 186 more at 710.

All provinces around the NCR had less cases.

For other cities Bacolod reported nearly 50 more at 192.
Baguio was unchanged at 387.
GenSan City had 9 more at 203.
Old Jan 26th 2022, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Today 15,789 new cases from 48.7k tests. A lower positivity at 35.8%. Backlog included was only 233 and the 3 late labs probably would have added about 15 cases only. There's still a large backlog in the system, probably over 20k.

Recoveries 32,712

Deaths 66, 10 RDs
65 Jan, 1 Aug

Active 230,410

Severe 1,507, up 5. Critical 308, unchanged
Slow creep up of Severe cases.
NB Primary hospitals only. Most people ill with covid in the past didn't get to them...perhaps with Omicron even less now due to its lower severity.

NCR ICU 42%, down 2%. National 48%, down 2%
NCR Ward beds 50.5%, down over 2%

Omicron plus variant (BA.2)

Dr John in his "daughter of Omicron" video....like a Dr Who episode title!..explains it is a sub-lineage of the original, not from BA.1

First identified here!

Nothing much to worry about, especially if your country has a good level of protection from prior infection or vaccination. Unfortunately we have neither. But we do have a very young population.

Business and the "No vax card, no entry" policy:

This morning, as last week, in our nearest commercial area Palawan pretty deserted. I used it once and checked back later The SM grocery at least 50% below normal.
At Palawan the guard took your card and put it in the plastic container along with the money and docs going behind the counter!
Old Jan 26th 2022, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

Raffin,
If I went to the Palawan you visited the guard would have to put me in the plastic container as my vaccination card hangs around my neck LOL
Old Jan 26th 2022, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Raffin,
If I went to the Palawan you visited the guard would have to put me in the plastic container as my vaccination card hangs around my neck LOL
You laminated it?
There's no space for a booster on mine so that's maybe another card round your neck?
Old Jan 26th 2022, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes I did. The Marikina issued card also accommodates the booster. I have yet to see if the VacCertPH accomodates the booster.
Old Jan 26th 2022, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

The regular large daily NCR falls much reduced yesterday at only 300 or so. The daily figure now down to just under 2,500.
At the same 15.6% of national cases.
But Paranaque, Pasig and Taguig cities each had more cases. Paranaque increased the most with 70 more.

For the provinces around the NCR all fell except for Laguna which had 39 more.
In other regions Cagayan had about 70 more cases. Bicol nearly 200 more to 506.

All 3 Visayan regions reported more cases. WV with only 16 more but CV and EV each with over 200 more.
Zamboanga Pen. had 170 more to 469 with Zamboanga City 72 more.

Otherwise all other major cities reported less new cases.

Comelec better do a re-think on their face shield requirement. For one thing they easily get fogged up.

https://www.msn.com/en-ph/news/natio...cid=uxbndlbing

Old Jan 26th 2022, 11:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Raffin
You laminated it?
There's no space for a booster on mine so that's maybe another card round your neck?
Here's mine, just slips in my wallet.

Old Jan 26th 2022, 11:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wow. That is a sophisticated vaccination card.
Old Jan 27th 2022, 1:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Wow. That is a sophisticated vaccination card.
The lamination shops will reduce your original for about 80 pesos.
Old Jan 27th 2022, 2:52 am
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday we were travelling from Pangasinan to La Union, a trip we regulary make. Under normal circumstances we just show our vaccinanion card and are let through the border checkpoint. On this occasion we were not let through because the officials demanded a PCR test. Many vehicles suffered the same fate and were turned back.
A PCR test is valid for 2 days and the cost varies, but it can be expensive. Frankly I find this situation ridiculous and frustrating. The Philippines has had 2 years to sort out this Covid problem and seems rules are made then changed. Its irronic that no schools have been open in 2 years. When I chat with local bussiness thay are all complaining How poor bussiness is due to restrictions. What also strikes me is the depreciation of the php. The £ is not a particularly strong currency, however when you convert pesos to £s, US$, Canadian $, etc the php has weakened a lot in just under a month. Could this depreciation be a lack of confidence in the Philippines economy due to its handling of the Covid virus ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.