NCR llockdown

Old Aug 5th 2020, 3:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NCR llockdown

A VPN is good for Britbox and better Netflix offerings in other countries and not forgetting financial transactions. Keep safe everyone. Life in Marikina doesn't change much although the options in the meat dept in the local Robinsons supermarket were very limited this morning.
Old Aug 5th 2020, 11:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

The lastest DOT dictate states that effective 15 August all commuters using public transport must wear a faceshield in addition to a facemask. This coupled with the screen on motorcycles makes one wonder who in the DOT or DOH has a financial interest in the manufacture of perspex screens?
Old Aug 6th 2020, 1:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
The lastest DOT dictate states that effective 15 August all commuters using public transport must wear a faceshield in addition to a facemask. This coupled with the screen on motorcycles makes one wonder who in the DOT or DOH has a financial interest in the manufacture of perspex screens?
https://news.abs-cbn.com/news/08/06/...tricycles-dotr

The DOH Under Secretary saying the re-usable ones are cheap, but I bet they don't last long. Face shields seem to be mandatory in public environments in very few countries. I can't find anywhere that requires face shield plus masks.

I have had the feeling for a while that here they are deliberately imposing all these extra restrictions lately in place of them doing anything much about the low testing/contact tracing, poor data etc. For a few percent increase in protection...and all those statistics are very variable anyway.....they want to subject riders to a mask and a face shield. Even trikes! Crazy! I predict people will now use the thinnest masks underneath the face shield to minimise the heat. Many people now will just walk.

She says that public transportation is a dangerous environment...so why did they allow those new AC Jeepneys to carry passengers over the last two months?

Next thing will be all passengers to wear full PPE!
Old Aug 6th 2020, 1:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.gmanetwork.com/news/news...-palace/story/

As the virus outbreak here grows exponentially the Palace spokesman is trying hard to downplay it. Yes, there has been a surge in many countries lately as they open up:, as has the Philippines...well the NCR at least.

A new mutation of the virus has become dominant:

https://www.livescience.com/new-coro...explained.html

So he has a case,.But recent figures here show a whopping 35% total case increase over the last week. For active cases a 30% increase over the last 6 days (not using 7 days due to the massive data shedding 7 days ago).

Old Aug 6th 2020, 11:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Despite the headlines saying the Philippines has overtaken Indonesia as the SE Asian coronavirus hotspot Indonesia is really in a far worse situation.

With a population about two and a half times that of the Philippines it has done just slightly more coronavirus tests. It spends significantly less on health as a percentage of GDP....about 3% compare with well over 4% for the Philippines. Their hospital system is dominated by private hospitals. Also given its large area split up into many islands in an archipelago and poor health system I have much less trust in their statistics on the outbreak than I have with those put out here.
Old Aug 7th 2020, 3:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Raffin
https://news.abs-cbn.com/news/08/06/...tricycles-dotr

The DOH Under Secretary saying the re-usable ones are cheap, but I bet they don't last long. Face shields seem to be mandatory in public environments in very few countries. I can't find anywhere that requires face shield plus masks.

I have had the feeling for a while that here they are deliberately imposing all these extra restrictions lately in place of them doing anything much about the low testing/contact tracing, poor data etc. For a few percent increase in protection...and all those statistics are very variable anyway.....they want to subject riders to a mask and a face shield. Even trikes! Crazy! I predict people will now use the thinnest masks underneath the face shield to minimise the heat. Many people now will just walk.

She says that public transportation is a dangerous environment...so why did they allow those new AC Jeepneys to carry passengers over the last two months?

Next thing will be all passengers to wear full PPE!
The government has postponed the idea of face shields for now. Common sense is prevailing.

Old Aug 7th 2020, 3:54 am
BE Enthusiast

"Common sense is prevailing."
No such thing especially here LOL
Old Aug 7th 2020, 5:51 am
BE Forum Addict

"Common sense is prevailing."
No such thing especially here LOL
I'm trying to work out where this lack of common sense comes from.

From the detailed transport regulations to the over complicated Quarantines. Not allowing Jeepneys and especially trikes to operate throughout. Not allowing small stores eg hardwares, car shops to operate throughout. Opening up the economy without proper transport.

Where we usually reside in Cavite there are just a few Covid cases and it is a spacious class A subdivision. But the few hundred residents there have to deal with three types of passes to go out of the main gate plus two types of travel pass to travel out of the LGU. The Mayor of this rural LGU even named his Quarantine "Super Strict"...as if it was somewhere like Tondo, Manila.

The thinking is you must have 100% compliance...if only 90% then the measure is a failure and strong action must be taken against violators.

I have seen something of this mentality before but maybe the pandemic has really brought it out. Strange because in many areas of life there is a lot of flexibility.
Old Aug 7th 2020, 7:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Raffin
I'm trying to work out where this lack of common sense comes from.

From the detailed transport regulations to the over complicated Quarantines. Not allowing Jeepneys and especially trikes to operate throughout. Not allowing small stores eg hardwares, car shops to operate throughout. Opening up the economy without proper transport.

Where we usually reside in Cavite there are just a few Covid cases and it is a spacious class A subdivision. But the few hundred residents there have to deal with three types of passes to go out of the main gate plus two types of travel pass to travel out of the LGU. The Mayor of this rural LGU even named his Quarantine "Super Strict"...as if it was somewhere like Tondo, Manila.

The thinking is you must have 100% compliance...if only 90% then the measure is a failure and strong action must be taken against violators.

I have seen something of this mentality before but maybe the pandemic has really brought it out. Strange because in many areas of life there is a lot of flexibility.
The Philippines is a tin god paradise.
Old Aug 7th 2020, 10:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

https://news.abs-cbn.com/news/08/08/...ections-expert

The mathematics professor trying to convince viewers and listeners that 2 weeks of MECQ will likely reduce cases at the end of this month by 30,000. Manila cases are "somewhat decreasing", he's seeing "positive indicators". And look at what happened in Cebu? But in the four days since the reversion to MECQ nearly 9,500 new cases have been announced. That includes some late cases, but even given that is it believable that 2 weeks of MECQ will reduce cases by about 10,000 a week?

Like in politics experts here have to follow the majority line,
Old Aug 7th 2020, 11:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

I really find it difficult to comprehend that the day after MECQ was reimposed daily reported cases dropped by approximately 35%. Even Hollywood couldn't make this up.
Old Aug 8th 2020, 6:34 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

las pinas dr hospital 30staff are covid +ve, is that in the figures? doubt it
Old Aug 8th 2020, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mikemike
las pinas dr hospital 30staff are covid +ve, is that in the figures? doubt it
Not easy to find figures on covid for the constituent cities of the NCR. The DOH should give them, or at least some as it's so much more populated than other places here.
But you can find them on the GMA dashboard:
https://www.gmanetwork.com/news/spec...-19-dashboard/
Las Pinas down the order as of yesterday at 1577 cases.

Old Aug 8th 2020, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Raffin, I'm going to call you Sherlock from now on.
I just go about my day watching with great amusement The Lincoln Project and Morse on Britbox.
Enjoy the weekend.
Old Aug 8th 2020, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin, I'm going to call you Sherlock from now on.
I just go about my day watching with great amusement The Lincoln Project and Morse on Britbox.
Enjoy the weekend.
Thanks but too kind. More Dr Watson.really. Yes, Morse, Midsomer, Frost, Minder, Doc Martin etc plus old Westerns keep us amused and entertained here. Al free from file sharing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.