Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

moving to the philippines "2"

moving to the philippines "2"

Old Mar 11th 2013, 1:24 pm
Rizlared

kevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to all
Default Re: moving to the philippines "2"

Originally Posted by 6monthshere6monthsthere
Hi,

Well I have got someone who is in Cebu, she tells me she used to run a call centre, now I am taking this with a pinch of salt but giving her the opportunity to pass work on to others have them run a few calls then follow up myself to see how they worked out.

If I can find a reliable person to run a call centre slash admin place I have no reason to be there everyday, I prefer to be outwith the city in general.

She is in Cebu and the set up i am thinking about is 8 people, part time, possibly renting one of these ready made set ups but with locked in staff, this woman to run it, email me through results and I go in once a week.

That is what I am hoping for
Depends how their test calls go over the next few days.

I assume I can get her to give me info on rents and such and chuck her a bonus for finding me a sweet place to stay.

Hot weather does not bother me, I am in sicily right now and in the summer it was regularly passing 40c, the hottest day being 45c
So i know it is humid and sweaty but I can live with that, water and fruit..

Any good rental websites you can suggest?

I am not really up to speed on the rental pricing, but would hope to pay no more than 800 gbp a month, probably wanting 6 to 12 months
Okay, I'll bite, why do you want to lock your staff into an office, I know H&S is somewhat lacking in Phils, but that's taking it to the extreme in my opinion.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 9:22 pm

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Well I have got someone who is in Cebu, she tells me she used to run a call centre, now I am taking this with a pinch of salt but giving her the opportunity to pass work on to others have them run a few calls then follow up myself to see how they worked out.

If I can find a reliable person to run a call centre slash admin place I have no reason to be there everyday, I prefer to be outwith the city in general.

She is in Cebu and the set up i am thinking about is 8 people, part time, possibly renting one of these ready made set ups but with locked in staff, this woman to run it, email me through results and I go in once a week.

That is what I am hoping for
Depends how their test calls go over the next few days.

I assume I can get her to give me info on rents and such and chuck her a bonus for finding me a sweet place to stay.

Hot weather does not bother me, I am in sicily right now and in the summer it was regularly passing 40c, the hottest day being 45c
So i know it is humid and sweaty but I can live with that, water and fruit..

Any good rental websites you can suggest?

I am not really up to speed on the rental pricing, but would hope to pay no more than 800 gbp a month, probably wanting 6 to 12 months
I have seen what happens when the boss is away.

Unless you are prepared to put in an appearance once a day and make sure that people who you are paying actually respect you, then all of the above is unrealistic.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 11:49 pm
Banned

6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Catchafire
I have seen what happens when the boss is away.

Unless you are prepared to put in an appearance once a day and make sure that people who you are paying actually respect you, then all of the above is unrealistic.
There is online tracking of individual pcs... I use remote workers now so know how this works, you can see what they are doing at any give moment via live camera and their computer can be set up to take snapshots each 5mins of their screen to show what it shows at that point, there is also software that tracks total time spent on excel, facebook, email etc..

I would not be putting in an appearance once a day i would be establishing the standards required for 4 weeks or so then making sure we had a process to investigate those that slipped.

I would prefer them to respect me but it is not mandatory, I just want good work.

Technology is my friend
Old Apr 7th 2013, 5:53 am
Just Joined

noshow is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by googly
Brussels Sprout you are full of wind. You seem to be an expert on the Philippines (Asia) after living here for a very short time. Saying that ALL Philippine women are after your money is complete rubbish.
If you are sixty and the woman is in her twenties, she is only after your'e money, if you are an ugly, overweight, facial haired, simmet wearing tattooed guy, and she is pretty, she is only after your'e money no matter your'e age.
Old Apr 7th 2013, 6:50 am
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

There is online tracking of individual pcs... I use remote workers now so know how this works, you can see what they are doing at any give moment via live camera and their computer can be set up to take snapshots each 5mins of their screen to show what it shows at that point, there is also software that tracks total time spent on excel, facebook, email etc..

I would not be putting in an appearance once a day i would be establishing the standards required for 4 weeks or so then making sure we had a process to investigate those that slipped.

I would prefer them to respect me but it is not mandatory, I just want good work.

Technology is my friend
No doubt you are an officianado of oDESK and Elance? Perhaps you have forgotten that there are such things as Trust and Risk, when employing people. I have 35 staff in Manila, and 15 in Dubai. I do not have any problems whatsover, as I work alongside my staff all day - and very often into the late evening, and all through the night. Three weeks in Philippines, and one week in Dubai.

The measurement of Performance is not derived from Screen Shots, Key Strokes and Mouse Movements, I can assure you!

I concentrate on 'Getting the Job Done' and the guys know that! I do not pay oDESK Rates either! - Because the 'Cheapest Expedient' becomes the most 'Expensive Solution' at the end of the day! The majority of my staff have been with me for 5 years plus, and some have completed over 10 years service! - I do not have a 'Revolving Door Policy!'

6monthshere6monthsthere, seems to sum-up your approach to employing people! - Quite honestly, I am surprised that you last as long as six months!

Last edited by jackthehat; Apr 7th 2013 at 6:54 am.
Old Apr 7th 2013, 7:07 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jackthehat
No doubt you are an officianado of oDESK and Elance? Perhaps you have forgotten that there are such things as Trust and Risk, when employing people. I have 35 staff in Manila, and 15 in Dubai. I do not have any problems whatsover, as I work alongside my staff all day - and very often into the late evening, and all through the night. Three weeks in Philippines, and one week in Dubai.

The measurement of Performance is not derived from Screen Shots, Key Strokes and Mouse Movements, I can assure you!

I concentrate on 'Getting the Job Done' and the guys know that! I do not pay oDESK Rates either! - Because the 'Cheapest Expedient' becomes the most 'Expensive Solution' at the end of the day! The majority of my staff have been with me for 5 years plus, and some have completed over 10 years service! - I do not have a 'Revolving Door Policy!'

6monthshere6monthsthere, seems to sum-up your approach to employing people! - Quite honestly, I am surprised that you last as long as six months!
Jackthehat, being a newbie here, I do not know where to find your reply to my post. But thanks for replying anyway. Noshow.
Old Apr 7th 2013, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

desert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nice

Originally Posted by noshow
Jackthehat, being a newbie here, I do not know where to find your reply to my post. But thanks for replying anyway. Noshow.
I dont think he has replied to you. Interesting theory you have though.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 2:34 am
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

Technology is my friend
I nearly forgot . . . Respect is a commodity that has to be earned, it should never be taken for granted!
Old Apr 8th 2013, 2:56 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by desert-rat
I dont think he has replied to you. Interesting theory you have though.
Hi Desert rat. Jack the hat has replied to me, I am just new here and still finding my way about. I'm glad you find my post interesting, if you want to comment on it I would be glad to get a PM from you.
Thanks
Noshow.
Old Apr 9th 2013, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

desert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nice

Hi Desert rat. Jack the hat has replied to me, I am just new here and still finding my way about. I'm glad you find my post interesting, if you want to comment on it I would be glad to get a PM from you.
Thanks
Noshow.
Its an open forum noshow. No need for PM. How do you find Thai women?
Old Apr 10th 2013, 12:11 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by desert-rat
Its an open forum noshow. No need for PM. How do you find Thai women?
Hi Desert rat, Thai women? If you mean for their beauty, excellent, I have been living in Thailand for 7 years, and been with the same woman all that time, worked for half that time as a school teacher. Had a few before that and found them to only be after my money, so got short of them. I find there is a need for PMs sometimes as you don't know who sees what you post, and nobody is squeaky clean. How do you like living in Qatar?
Old Apr 10th 2013, 2:59 am
Forum Regular

googly is an unknown quantity at this point

If you are sixty and the woman is in her twenties, she is only after your'e money, if you are an ugly, overweight, facial haired, simmet wearing tattooed guy, and she is pretty, she is only after your'e money no matter your'e age.
Why are you posting in the thread 'moving to the Philippines' if you are living in Thailand?
Old Apr 10th 2013, 3:15 am
Just Joined

Why are you posting in the thread 'moving to the Philippines' if you are living in Thailand?
Because I'm coming to the Philipines next month to have a look around so maybe I can split my time between the Philipines and Thailand and hopefully still get my British state pension increases when I'm 65 very shortly.
Old Apr 10th 2013, 3:52 am
Forum Regular

googly is an unknown quantity at this point

Because I'm coming to the Philipines next month to have a look around so maybe I can split my time between the Philipines and Thailand and hopefully still get my British state pension increases when I'm 65 very shortly.
Fair enough.
Hope you find what you are looking for.
Old Apr 10th 2013, 3:56 am
Just Joined

Fair enough.
Hope you find what you are looking for.
Thanks Googly, if there is anything you can tell me, I will be pleased to hear from you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.