Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

moving to the philippines "2"

moving to the philippines "2"

Old Feb 25th 2013, 12:46 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving to the philippines "2"

Originally Posted by brussels_sprout
Many aspects of what i described are general female traits. In the west have you ever met a woman who TRULY contributes 50% to the family budget ? They THINK they do, of course.
Well I wonder which century you have plopped in from What a bizarre and uninformed statement. If you browse through the Far East forums on here, you will find many (Western) expat women who are the sole breadwinners in the family. It's not so unusual these days and why not.
Old Feb 25th 2013, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

desert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nice

Try telling your filipina that your money has run out, that will be less hilarious. I already think I know her reaction
We had a bad time due to my having an illness some years ago. My wife said to me "Remember our wedding vows? For richer for poorer,In sickness or in health."
You must be hanging around with the wrong chicks mate.
Old Feb 25th 2013, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

brussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by desert-rat
We had a bad time due to my having an illness some years ago. My wife said to me "Remember our wedding vows? For richer for poorer,In sickness or in health."
You must be hanging around with the wrong chicks mate.
Sorry to hear about your illness rat, i hope you are recovered.

But for me the only part of the wedding vows Filipinas are interested in is the "for richer", women in general have no concept of the word "honour", their emotions will always overtake them , whatever they swear or promise to is subservient to her emotions AT THE TIME. Loyalty, honor, gratitude, and duty are male values that we men project on women, which they don't possess.

I suppose that I am restating the old Briffault's Law about women

" The female, not the male, determines all the conditions of the animal family. Where the female can derive no benefit from association with the male, no such association takes place. — Robert Briffault.

There is an extra law that holds true too :-

1. Past benefit provided by the male does not provide for continued or future association.

I have already said that S.E Asian women will take care of you well, as long they know they will be rewarded for their efforts so that they can distribute all your cash to their family and friends.
I am sure most Brit expats here are not as naive as some on here, and understand the grasping psyche of the local females.

If you wish to address my points or raise new ones, i will discuss them, but personal attacks, saying i am racist etc, i will NOT respond to. I regard such attacks as offensive.

I challenge all the guys out there to see what happens if you tell your "loving" filipina that your money has run out !

A grammar lesson for you desert-rat, In English, You do not use the apostrophe for simple plurals, "several Thai's" "twenty Filipina's" are ERRORS, I recommend someone checks your "thesis" for grammar too. Reading a thesis with poor grammar gives the impression that the writer is a bit stupid, which i am sure that you are not.

Last edited by brussels_sprout; Feb 25th 2013 at 9:02 pm.
Old Feb 25th 2013, 11:27 pm
Rizlared

kevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to all

But for me the only part of the wedding vows Filipinas are interested in is the "for richer", women in general have no concept of the word "honour", their emotions will always overtake them , whatever they swear or promise to is subservient to her emotions AT THE TIME. Loyalty, honor, gratitude, and duty are male values that we men project on women, which they don't possess.

" The female, not the male, determines all the conditions of the animal family. Where the female can derive no benefit from association with the male, no such association takes place. — Robert Briffault.

1. Past benefit provided by the male does not provide for continued or future association.

I have already said that S.E Asian women will take care of you well, as long they know they will be rewarded for their efforts so that they can distribute all your cash to their family and friends.
I am sure most Brit expats here are not as naive as some on here, and understand the grasping psyche of the local females.

If you wish to address my points or raise new ones, i will discuss them, but personal attacks, saying i am racist etc, i will NOT respond to. I regard such attacks as offensive.

I challenge all the guys out there to see what happens if you tell your "loving" filipina that your money has run out !

A grammar lesson for you desert-rat, In English, You do not use the apostrophe for simple plurals, "several Thai's" "twenty Filipina's" are ERRORS, I recommend someone checks your "thesis" for grammar too. Reading a thesis with poor grammar gives the impression that the writer is a bit stupid, which i am sure that you are not.
Maybe you should have an English lesson Sprout? As you blatantly don't understand the simple word "Racist" which is defined by the Oxford Dictionary as follows

"Definition of racism
noun
[mass noun]
the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races:
theories of racism
prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one’s own race is superior:"

Your remarks about Thai and Filipino women are racist, you are portraying yourself as superior, and that they are demeaning and conniving.

As for feeling "Offended" What the heck do you think Thai and Filipinos feel when they read your inaccurate, biased, derogatory and uneducated remarks? A lot more than "Offended" believe me. If you don't like to be offended Sprout, don't make grossly offensive and unsubstantiated remarks!!

And FYI I have a Filipino girlfriend, she and her family are a lot more wealthy than me, her family work, they own property and land, financially they have ten times more than me, so instead of offending an entire race, stop feeling so sorry for yourself and start thanking a people and country that have graciously allowed you to live there.
Old Feb 25th 2013, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

googly is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Well I wonder which century you have plopped in from What a bizarre and uninformed statement. If you browse through the Far East forums on here, you will find many (Western) expat women who are the sole breadwinners in the family. It's not so unusual these days and why not.
Would just like to add that many Asian women are the sole breadwinners in the family. That's why i am sitting on my arse typing this when my wife is at work.
May i add we live in the Philippines and my wife is filipino!
Old Feb 26th 2013, 12:02 am
Forum Regular

googly is an unknown quantity at this point

Brussel Sprout,

You said you wont reply to personal attacks. If somebody is dyslexic they have problems with spelling, grammar etc. Correct? Does it make them a bit stupid? Personally i don't think it does.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 12:24 am
BE Enthusiast

brussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to behold

hello Kevray, as I said in a previous post, I do not respond to SHAMING LANGUAGE.

I can discuss your point about gf's rich family, of course some filipinos are wealthy, my gf's family are a little bit well off too. All that does not preclude what I have said, she will still try to use you as ATM, probably even more, and still for friends, kids from ex husband, barkada etc.
The VAST majority of filipinas looking for foreign husbands are poor, usually very poor, single mothers etc.

The things to watch out for are

Buying her a CAR, HOUSE, BUSINESS - Bad
She has a job but with no debts to pawn shop - Good
Many kids from previous husband who left her - Bad
Dead previous foreign husbands who died in mysterious circumstances - Very Bad

Last edited by brussels_sprout; Feb 26th 2013 at 1:24 am.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 12:42 am
Forum Regular

desert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nice

You didn't read my post properly sprout. I said I only bothered with grammar when writing my thesis. Thanks for the grammar lesson though.I am very much recovered now thanks to my wife who worked and supported the family during that time. I am surprised she didn't just leave me in hospital after emptying our joint bank account and partying with her family and barkada. Maybe I just met one in 40 odd million?
I don't think you are racist I think you have issues with women generally. Have you ever considered taliking to a therapist?
Old Feb 26th 2013, 12:55 am
BE Enthusiast

There are several good internet sites about English grammar, desert-rat http://www.englishgrammar.org is a good one, it will tell you about when to use apostrophes etc.

personal attacks and shaming language are used because the other person knows that what i am writing is true and you cannot address my points, so you have to attack the writer instead of what he is writing.

As i wrote in another thread, I personally know of several women who HAVE left their sick husbands for dead and stole all his cash that his Brit. relatives sent for hospital fees but that was in Thailand.
In my small town there is a black widow lady who has had 2 foreign husbands who died in strange circumstances.

If you buy your gf a house AND a car AND a business , she has no more need for you and she may be tempted to dispose of you.

Last edited by brussels_sprout; Feb 26th 2013 at 1:15 am.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

There are several good internet sites about English grammar, desert-rat http://www.englishgrammar.org is a good one, it will tell you about when to use apostrophes etc.

personal attacks and shaming language are used because the other person knows that what i am writing is true and you cannot address my points, so you have to attack the writer instead of what he is writing.

As i wrote in another thread, I personally know of several women who HAVE left their sick husbands for dead and stole all his cash that his Brit. relatives sent for hospital fees but that was in Thailand.
In my small town there is a black widow lady who has had 2 foreign husbands who died in strange circumstances.

If you buy your gf a house AND a car AND a business , she has no more need for you and she may be tempted to dispose of you.
Once again thank you for the lead to the grammar support page sprouty. I will be sure to refer to it as I wouldn't want my poor grammar to upset such a sensitive person as yourself.
I have not noticed any personal attacks or abusive language apart from your pathetic attempt to belittle my intelligence by referring to my wrongful use of apostrophes!!
Once again may I suggest you are denigrating the women of two nations because of your small town experiences. Maybe you need to move or choose better friends?
Old Feb 26th 2013, 11:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by desert-rat
Once again thank you for the lead to the grammar support page sprouty. I will be sure to refer to it as I wouldn't want my poor grammar to upset such a sensitive person as yourself.
I have not noticed any personal attacks or abusive language apart from your pathetic attempt to belittle my intelligence by referring to my wrongful use of apostrophes!!
Once again may I suggest you are denigrating the women of two nations because of your small town experiences. Maybe you need to move or choose better friends?
I made it clear in a previous post that i never respond to or make personal attacks desert rat. If you want to debate the points that I raise or actually write some yourself i am happy to write further . Attacking the person rather than what they have written and addressing the points raised is called an Ad Hominem. I am interested in what you think but you have not been able to debate with me you just make personal comments . This behaviour is typical of females not males.

I note that your grammar has improved since i highlighted your incorrect usage.

Last edited by brussels_sprout; Feb 26th 2013 at 11:29 am.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 1:28 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not quite sure how this thread has managed to get quite so badly derailed but unless it gets back on track fairly fast it will be closed.

brussels_sprout, whether you are doing this intentionally or not, a lot of your posts on this thread are coming over as very racist and are starting to cause offence. Please stop posting in this way or you may find your posting privileges removed.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 1:29 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

are you having problems with your posts brussel-sprout, you seem to edit every one
Lets cool it with the wind ups everyone, eh?
Old Feb 26th 2013, 1:30 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Whoops ... supermods .. like busses, there isn t one for ages and then 2 turn up
Old Feb 26th 2013, 1:34 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Whoops ... supermods .. like busses, there isn t one for ages and then 2 turn up
typical isn't it!! The Philippines has never been so popular!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.