Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

moving to the philippines "2"

moving to the philippines "2"

Old Aug 13th 2012, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

blackbear1137 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile moving to the philippines "2"

well ive made my decition.... im moving . staying here in U.K is not what i want . The house will be sold soon its very near to completion date ,and time to make up my mind ive done it now .ill pay up all my debts book a ticket with a return for 6 mths if it dosent work our ill come back then but i have a good feeling about this .we intend to buy some houses and rent them out ,should make a little bit from that to help us get buy not extravegent but simple ,i have had all the toys here in UK mercedes benz 2 of them victory hammer ,honda blackbird .9 bikes in all at the same time!
dosent make you happy .i was happy when i was with my gf in phil. and want that again so heres wishing myself good luck and ill be out there very soon...:thumbu p:
Old Aug 14th 2012, 2:42 am
Forum Regular

googly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: moving to the philippines "2"

GOOD LUCK!
When you get here take your time to learn more about the Philippines before jumping into any property or business deals.
Old Aug 14th 2012, 3:42 am
BE Enthusiast

tropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck BlackBear. You will not regret it, happiness cannot be bought.

Before you can float to earth on a parachute; first you must jump out of the plane.
Old Aug 14th 2012, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

desert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nice

Good luck Blackbear.

Live simply, integrate with the locals, go with the flow, be open minded and enjoy.

The country is full of fat expats who do nothing but moan and complain about the place. Cant for the life of me see why they dont leave!!
Old Aug 14th 2012, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

THANKS GUYS IM SOOOO LOOKING FAWARD TO IT ,THE ONLY DOWN SIDE IS MY BELOVVED DOGS TWO WHITE GERMANSHEPARDS ,9 AND 11 ,IF I STAYED HERE THEY WOULD BE ON A BOAT ON THERE OWN ALL DAY ,WITHOUT THEM IN THE MIX THES NOTHING STOPPING ME ,SO AS MUCH AS IT HURTS THEY GOING TO RSPCA ADDOPTION CENTER ,I PRAY THEY WILL FIND THEM NICE FRENDLY HOMES .SAD SAD SAD .BUT I CANT LET THIS CHANCE GO IM COMMITED NOW .
Old Aug 15th 2012, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

desert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nice

Think very carefully about leaving those 2 beloved dogs. I left a Weimeraner in Holland to go and work in the Gulf and there is not a day goes by that I dont miss that dog.
Remember dogs are always pleased to see you and are happy to go out when you like. Filipinas and women in general are not the same!!!
Old Aug 15th 2012, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

MMM YES CHOICES .LEAVE THEM WITH STRANGERS ,HOPE THER LOOKED AFTER WELL . OR HAVE THEM PUT TOO SLEEP THEY WILL ONLY SUFFER FOR A COUPLE OF MINS NOT YEARS .ITS VERY HARD
Old Aug 16th 2012, 12:49 am
Forum Regular

She must be a special girl for you to consider killing your 2 beloved dogs? Hope it works out for you.
Old Aug 16th 2012, 5:08 am
Forum Regular

looks like ive found a home for one localy, and the other hopefuly in scotlad
Old Aug 17th 2012, 4:51 am
BE Enthusiast

sunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud of

Renting places is big bussiness in the PI, we have rented 2 bungalos whilst our houses were being built and have some knowledge. Most places are only passable for living in and the renters put up with dripping roofs, dodgy electrics termites and "funny noises" haha. The standard of folk renting is not high and they can muck up your place very easily, ie diapers down toilets, leaky taps etc. Being a foreign owner you will pay more for the upkeep.
Something to consider is "Bad spacer" accomodation. This is the type of accomodation sought by students or shop assistants for a bed only and maybe for 5 days. This accomnodation can be made with the very minimum of furniture and essentials (that can go wrong). In Manila they have 6 girls sharing a room in bunk beds!
If you work out the accomodation and use strong stuff to take the heavy useage then this type of investment would be good. Also you should choose the area where there is a requirement and transport. Sell them Barroko coffee with hot pandasal for breakfast or provide noodle soups for supper
Old Aug 17th 2012, 9:09 am
Just Joined

bri landy guy is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck

Wish you all the best.
Old Aug 18th 2012, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

piero is an unknown quantity at this point

hi blackbear yes me again. you do know you can buy any house you want but you can never own it or at least the land. there are ways to lease the building but i don't know anything about that apart from not from your wife. Girlfriend you take extra care. like any country its easy to spend. forgive me its not my wish to offend but do not rush to spend your money. take it slow
Old Aug 18th 2012, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

yes , the first house is for me and anna my gf .fiance . its very cheep about what youd pay for a car here!! second hand as well .She wont let me spend lots ,were going to renovate it, to our style, ...her words .. live there for a while and look around for others, but take our time ,and enjoy life and each other .....................if that sounds good to you . its paradice to me ...i am so looking faward to being with her .and yes were going to get her mum a place nearby but not too near ..again her words . i ve found an angel .God bless her ...
Old Aug 18th 2012, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

oh good news with my dogs bear and storm .bear the older bb is going to live with my son.. its costing me £2000 .but worth it to know hes going to be happy living with my sons white german shepard mika ,only storm to find a home for now .. people are jumping thru hoops to have her shes a pretty little gilr and full of life ..im a very happy bunny now .............
Old Aug 18th 2012, 11:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud of

Marrying a Filipino is marrying the family and this is very true.
The difficult part to swallow is that any finacial support is taken for granted and not anything special.
We've met some English couples (Fili wife) and their experiences are frightening. Some distance helps but then you have trouble fitting with the local surroundings unless your GF is humble and good at making friends.
Children from the extended family visit and always ask for money for school supplies, first its a novelty but every few days can get to be a nuisance, then they expect it!
I think your idea of renovating a place to live in is a good idea and gives you a chance to experience the GFfamily before committing cash.
Another poster remarked.....only spend enough so that you can walk away from it ...GOOD ADVICE.
If the family do ask for financial support, you could decide on a figure that you can afford each month an stick to it, give it to the family head and make it the max you can afford, at least this way you can budget and not get telephone calls or a knock on the door for demands.
Good luck

Last edited by sunnydays; Aug 18th 2012 at 11:11 pm. Reason: Spelling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.